EX or ES Droids: let's see the numbers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EX or Regular Droids?

• EX

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Regular

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters
Ah the "Used Universe" Lucas talked about for the OT. Wonder what happened to that in the PT. Guess CGI can't make dirt.

I think he'd explain it by saying that once Luke was born it caused a shift in the universe (him being the new chosen one and all) which resulted in more acid rain and more harsh weather everywere which caused everything to age drasticly during his lifetime.

I think he'd explain it by saying that once Luke was born it caused a shift in the universe (him being the new chosen one and all) which resulted in more acid rain and more harsh weather everywere which caused everything to age drasticly during his lifetime.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I was disappointed at first when I went on to order and the EX had already sold out. Once I was able to see the reg it was a no brainer for me the reg is just perfect. I will keep my WL active for the EX until SSC cancels it. My vote goes to the more iconic reg version.

So far it looks like SSC made the right decision with this one.

I do wonder how many are picking the Reg because they missed the chance at the EX.

However most posts that I have read from people who don't plan on getting either of them say they like the Reg much more.

Oh...Thanks for clearing that up.:lol

I do wonder how many are picking the Reg because they missed the chance at the EX.

However most posts that I have read from people who don't plan on getting either of them say they like the Reg much more.

Could be, JAWS, could be.

I think most people do want the regular, though, as it is THE iconic version that most of us remember. I would have preferred that to be the EX, honestly, but business-wise it was a brilliant move since they released both at the same time.

Makes you wonder why they didn't think these could be released separately, and if favorability or some other factor came into play. I would be scared to think what the "other" factors could be if they're not related to the product.

Could be, JAWS, could be.

I think most people do want the regular, though, as it is THE iconic version that most of us remember. I would have preferred that to be the EX, honestly, but business-wise it was a brilliant move since they released both at the same time.

Makes you wonder why they didn't think these could be released separately, and if favorability or some other factor came into play. I would be scared to think what the "other" factors could be if they're not related to the product.

On the other hand I think that when something is released like this we all revert back to out childlike selves. It's like Christmas. And what as children are we attracted to?? Shiny things:) Thus at first we wanted the EX versions. Only with time were we able to think like adults and realize that the Reg edition was better.

To those who love the EX version - this was just a joke.......Sort of ;).

Last edited:
just wait for the inhand photos, then you all see how much cooler the clean version looks.

muhaha!

On the other hand I think that when something is released like this we all revert back to out childlike selves. It's like Christmas. And what as children are we attracted to?? Shiny things:) Thus at first we wanted the EX versions. Only with time were we able to think like adults and realize that the Reg edition was better.

To those who love the EX version - this was just a joke.......Sort of ;).

I should have prefaced my statement by saying that I did order the EX. :lol

And you'll love this...one of the reasons is because as a kid I had (and still have)...drum roll...a Star Wars jigsaw puzzle that showcased the shiny droids during the medal ceremony. :yess::lol

(Sorry for the repost on this pic) -

51D%2BfS--oML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I should have prefaced my statement by saying that I did order the EX. :lol

And you'll love this...one of the reasons is because as a kid I had (and still have)...drum roll...a Star Wars jigsaw puzzle that showcased the shiny droids during the medal ceremony. :yess::lol

(Sorry for the repost on this pic) -

51D%2BfS--oML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And that my friend is a GREAT reason to get the EX :rock:rock:rock

But thanks for proving my point ;) ;) :lol

I would go right down the middle - I love threepio all shiny and crisp, whereas R2 looks too toy-like to me when clean. It may be because over the years making R2 dirty was very difficult for toymakers (or at least an extra expense to get looking right) so that's pretty much all we got - the clean chromed dome and bright white body. And that's how Artoo looks for maybe ten minutes screen time total.

In fact the grubbier Artoo gets, the cooler he looks (Dagobah) whereas to me threepio looks visually cooler the shinier he is.

Back