EX or ES Droids: let's see the numbers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EX or Regular Droids?

• EX

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Regular

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters
I should have prefaced my statement by saying that I did order the EX. :lol

And you'll love this...one of the reasons is because as a kid I had (and still have)...drum roll...a Star Wars jigsaw puzzle that showcased the shiny droids during the medal ceremony. :yess::lol

(Sorry for the repost on this pic) -

51D%2BfS--oML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So if the EX is based on this picture when they were polished for the medal ceremony, then why is the base not the same colour as in the picture? The base of the exclusive is black??!!

just go with the regular and stop asking yourself questions no one can answer :D

PS: they look more iconic anyway

just go with the regular and stop asking yourself questions no one can answer :D

PS: they look more iconic anyway

It's a simple question that is very relevant :goodpost:

I repeat, why is the exclusive Yavin bases black when it should have the same surface as the picture above? :gah:

Sideshow already answered that question. Even though they obviously labeled the exclusive as "Yavin themed base", they clearly didn't word it correctly. :slap

The bases shown on the Ex. version are the bases that are included with C-3PO/R2-D2. There is no plan to include an additional base with the Exclusive version. Since the Ex. Droids are in their 'Yavin' look (eg: shiny and clean) that is why the word 'Yavin' has been used.

The regular Edition will only come with the desert base.

-SideshowAlex

Sideshow already answered that question. Even though they obviously labeled the exclusive as "Yavin themed base", they clearly didn't word it correctly. :slap

But surely that's false advertising? Basically, the exclusive bases are just the same as all the other bases used for our SW premium formats. There was no need to state the Yavin Them Base at all, they should have just left it as "clean look"

But surely that's false advertising?

Maybe, but does Sideshow give a rip? :dunno
They changed the LOTR Boromir maquette recently without telling anyone that they switched the pose on the exclusive and regular edition. They also have worse paint apps on the production pieces compared to the photos they use to sell an item (ie - Rogue PF). Nobody has taken them to court so I don't think they care :lol

Maybe, but does Sideshow give a rip? :dunno
They changed the LOTR Boromir maquette recently without telling anyone that they switched the pose on the exclusive and regular edition. They also have worse paint apps on the production pieces compared to the photos they use to sell an item (ie - Rogue PF). Nobody has taken them to court so I don't think they care :lol

Ah man! Now I'm thinking I should've gone with the regular base! :slap

Anyone wanna swap my exclusive for a regular? :1-1:

Ah man! Now I'm thinking I should've gone with the regular base! :slap

Anyone wanna swap my exclusive for a regular? :1-1:

you can explain the situation to SS and ask they change your order to the regular. I think they will be more than happy to do so.

Back