Action Figure EVILFACE's '82 Backpacks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Before it was a comic, before it was a cartoon, before it was debated endlessly across the interwebs it was simply a toyline. Battles were fought and heroes were born on the bedroom floors, and in the sandboxes of boys across America. O-Rings were popped. Thumbs were broken. But one constant remained; a battlecry was heard from the playground to the bus stop, the echo of which sent chills down the slithering spines of the enemy:

YO JOE!

In the beginning there were 13. Of those 13, five had backpacks. Of those 5, four weren't Grunt. This is their story.

GIJoe1982_zps94b89ed8.jpg

Meanwhile, as you may or may not know Fourth World Designs (EVILFACE) did an amazing job recreating the original 1982 ARAH backpacks from Flash, Breaker, and Zap/Short-Fuze and has decided to offer those packs up to the public. Each pack has been meticulously recreated based off the original 3 3/4” figure's accessories only now they are 12 scales larger.

greennshirt_packs_zpsdc80fb03.jpg

This run is specifically for the packs themselves, however I'm sure the thread will eventually serve to house the build itself. You'll need to put together your own rig or whatnot as far as straps go. They don't actually “Snap-ON” (have to state it). But at this point you probably realize the DIY aspect of this hobby is part of the fun.

Included in each set is 1 (one) of each pack: Communications, Artillery*, and Experimental Weapons.

*still working out the mortar shells

At this time individual packs WILL NOT BE SOLD SEPARATELY. Additional packs are available only with the purchase of the main set. However, if you order a set of three you can order additional packs individually, i.e. an extra Zap/ShortFuze pack. They will base-coated, however I feel it'd be better for you guys to paint them in order to match the greens to the outfits.

The price is $90 for a Set (of three) which includes shipping in the States. International add $5.

Additional packs are $25 each.

Post here if interested. No PMs.

Masters, Artist Proof
-EVILFACE

1)Kozin (+ Zap)
Zap
Zap
Breaker
Flash

2)DeltaForceChung (+Zap, +Breaker)
Zap PAID - SHIPPED
Zap PAID - SHIPPED
Breaker PAID - SHIPPED
Breaker PAID - SHIPPED
Flash

3)StealthFox
Zap
Breaker
Flash

4)King Darkness
Zap
Zap
Breaker
Flash

5)Budygus
Zap
Breaker
Flash

6)SF Officer
Zap PAID - SHIPPED
Breaker PAID - SHIPPED
Flash

7)youbastards (+ Zap)
Zap
Zap
Breaker
Flash

8)ProgMatinee
Zap PAID - SHIPPED
Breaker PAID - SHIPPED
Flash

9)Jaberwaki
Zap
Breaker
Flash

10)Fuzzhead (+ Zap)
Zap PAID
Zap PAID
Breaker PAID
Flash

Cobra Commander Pistol Backpack

1)kl241
2EVIFACE
3)Fuzzhead
4)DeltaForceChung
5)Jaberwaki
6)Deak Starkiller
7)da Bronx Commando
8)Kozin x4
9)Ultra8294 x2
10)NAM
11)youbastards
12)Ross SC

Last edited:
Re: EVILFACE's '82 Backpacks - Snap-ON, Stay-ON Accessories!!! (Presented by Mando)

Packs in-hand.

002-3_zps2871acdf.jpg

Re: EVILFACE's '82 Backpacks - Snap-ON, Stay-ON Accessories!!! (Presented by Mando)

MANDO:

1. Thank you.

2. Can I get mine painted? I defer to you for the appropriate color/paint scheme as I'm not picky. If this is OK, please advise.

3. I'm definitely down for one (1) complete set.

4. I understand the DIY aspect/nature; however, if you or another member have ideas/recommendations on the proper rigging/set up, then that too would be greatly appreciated by all.

:rock :rock :rock

As for attachment, use the plastic buckles clasp thingies.

zap7.jpg

Sew one side to your webgear and the other side glue to the pack or attach it to a buckle glued to the pack. I'll post some pics when I get em back.

Will also be sending Mando some mortar shells to cast.

I'm in for a set, plus an extra artillery! :hi5:

Thanks for doing this, EF & Mando!

Before it was a comic, before it was a cartoon, before it was debated endlessly across the interwebs it was simply a toyline. Battles were fought and heroes were born on the bedroom floors, and in the sandboxes of boys across America. O-Rings were popped. Thumbs were broken. But one constant remained; a battlecry was heard from the playground to the bus stop, the echo of which sent chills down the slithering spines of the enemy:

YO JOE!

In the beginning there were 13. Of those 13, five had backpacks. Of those 5, four weren't Grunt. This is their story.

GIJoe1982_zps94b89ed8.jpg

That is awesome!:clap

Yeah, how big are these things? Was thinking about mounting it to a rack like this:

entrytool.jpg

Can you put me in as a "maybe" for the set of three? Great work EF!

Zap/Fuse is the largest at 2.5x2.5x.5, which is why it only has 3 slots instead of 4.

The other 2 are smaller.

You don't need a rack unless you want it.

List updated!

Size-wise they're pretty big. hey're pretty big, much larger than I was expecting, but a rack would be overkill.

I need to take a scale shot with a quarter or something.

MANDO:

2. Can I get mine painted? I defer to you for the appropriate color/paint scheme as I'm not picky. If this is OK, please advise.

They'll be base coated in OD Green , and I'll probably paint some details. The trays on the Artillery pack will likely be black so the shells pop a bit more. Breaker's displays/gadgetry. Things like that.

They'll be base coated in OD Green , and I'll probably paint some details. The trays on the Artillery pack will likely be black so the shells pop a bit more. Breaker's displays/gadgetry. Things like that.
--

I'm fine with that.

Thank you!

BTW . . .

I thought nam would jump on this bandwagon?

I'm sure he'll pop up at some point, and even still all my stuff has a way of making it into the hands of my regulars. Of course you already know that, Chung!

Last edited:

i am down for a set fellas. thanks

Just starting to come off a cold so I'm a little bit behind. I work all weekend but I should be able to get the molds done as that's predominantly cure times anyway.

Bombs are in-hand.

034_zps762a9055.jpg

If anyone needs me I'll be in the cave. ...Making bombs. No, wait! Plastic explosives. Crap.

Wooot. Looks awesome.

Back