Everything Transformers that isn't G1 sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G1 wheelie is like the Jar-Jar of transformers.
I don't know if the analogy works for me, because G1 Transformers is like the original Star Wars trilogy. So, you can consider him the Ewok if you want, but not Jar Jar. Jar Jar would be one of the crappy Michael Bay TFs or something.

300px-G1Wheelie_toy.jpg

I think just about every Go Bot figure i owned was better then this guy, though i still bought him/her or whatever it is.

As much as Wheelie sucks, I can recommend his IDW Spotlight comic to everyone. Terrific read, very nice art, and it makes Wheelie actually a good character!

Wheeliesurvival.jpg

They are close to being in scale with those smaller MP knock-off figures that were discussed previously (Optimus Prime and a forthcoming Megatron).

well, i'd see it differently but that's just me. i have pretty much all the classics/universe and some henkei, and they are pretty much the best representation of transformers since g1.

Sorry just not going the route with all different scale, I'm going all the same scales as MP.

I had that sort of Transformations collection in the past.

Sorry just not going the route with all different scale, I'm going all the same scales as MP.

Some of the Bin/Alts work well in scale with MP Prime.

yeah i get what you're saying. scale never really mattered to me tho b/c transformers have always been (not) in scale with each other.

:duff

The MP figures aren't even in scale with one another, so it depends on which MP figures you want in scale with other figures. I think the MP seekers look good posed with the Alternators.

Personally, I like posing all the MP with the Alts/Binaltechs because of the quality of the figures. Scale be damned. Classics are cheap and simplistic compared to the Alternators. . .though some of them look quite good.

The MP figures aren't even in scale with one another, so it depends on which MP figures you want in scale with other figures. I think the MP seekers look good posed with the Alternators.

Personally, I like posing all the MP with the Alts/Binaltechs because of the quality of the figures. Scale be damned. Classics are cheap and simplistic compared to the Alternators. . .though some of them look quite good.

^^ this as well.

MP Prime and Megs work well together with Bin/Alts, but I think MP SS and Grimlock could have been alittle taller. Both usually stood as tall as their respective leaders, but I feel like the newer MP molds will keep getting alittle smaller.

Fair enough, but if you held that Sunstreaker or Jetfire/Skyfire in your hands you would be hooked. They are that cool. But you can never go wrong with MP. You should check out the Alternity line too Ski, they are the successor to the BT line.

For the most part, the Classics are actually must better representations of the cartoon designs than the G1 figures. But for me, they just can't compete with the awesomeness of the Alts/Binaltechs. Those are just great, high quality, sophisticated updates for grown-ups.

Having said that, the Classics Starscream is really what got me back into toys as an older fella. The design was so spot-on, and a quantum leap from the original toy.

I also really dig that Skyfire/Jetfire. When he first came out, I couldn't believe that Hasbro was able to do the cartoon incarnation such justice.

Back