Everyone's Motherload of Hobbit Goodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! :clap

Hmm..can anyone with the parchment version post pics
of how the Moon runes look like when back lit? :D

My impression from the pics and wording is that the parchment print works when tilted right as the clear runes are printed on the front. I don't thing back lighting will reveal them any better like on the prop replica. That is why, after making my own I still went with the prop replica version.

The parchment has the liscensing printed on the front too. Not a cool idea imho.

I got the hobbit chronicles art book for christmas, such a great read I can't put it down!

It is indeed. Notice the fold out map though. The scanned creases are inverted and the inking is terrible compared to what else is out there.. The only part of the book I was disappointed with.

It is indeed. Notice the fold out map though. The scanned creases are inverted and the inking is terrible compared to what else is out there.. The only part of the book I was disappointed with.

Yeah it's a nice little extra to throw in but I'm not fussed as I have the weta map coming :)

My impression from the pics and wording is that the parchment print works when tilted right as the clear runes are printed on the front. I don't thing back lighting will reveal them any better like on the prop replica. That is why, after making my own I still went with the prop replica version.

The parchment has the liscensing printed on the front too. Not a cool idea imho.

Oh thanks for clearing that up :hi5:

Yeah, the license labels on the front kinda irked me,
but oh well, if it helps me save a lot of money, I'm fine with it :lol
I just want a decent representation of it on my wall, along with the key.

Indy's framed map of Thror has arrived (as seen in LOTR, Bilbo's study). Great looking, aged piece. Just need to replace the glass which cracked in transit :mad:

But as Indy pointed out, the original didn't have glass at all :wink1:

Oh well..
The reasons I prefer Daniel Reeve's version to Tolkiens are as follows.
1. The mountain jumps out at you as if in 3D.
2. Dragon is more realistic
3. Though Thrain I established Erebor, Thror was the first acknowliged King under the mountain. Ravenhill had a watchtower which makes perfect sense for inclusion on map. It is also the site of the first camp by the company of dwarves and Bilbo.
4. Many people would have still called the great forest Greenwood. Only those who either gave up hope would have begun to refer to greenwood as Mirkwood.

Well that is my opinion at least.

I go the weta key today, very nice with a weight to it. I think it will look great with the map.

Just got the book in USA today...4 sigs...What a great book...wow

You also can't go wrong if you get Thorin's Map Parchment Art Print. It's also great! :clap The moon runes was printed on the paper with some sort of glazing so you can clearly see the moon runes if you tilt it at an angle. :wink1:

8079240509_c61e24426d_b.jpg

8079232052_971a94f0f7_b.jpg

8079239883_bf22b6b80c_b.jpg

First time I saw in hand pics of this. Thanks! :hi5:

I can't wait to get my copy. :)

Back