Events in the uk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also thinking this but it appears not.
Though collectormania and memorabilia are in November so some tables
May have 1/6 stuff.

May be an idea for a few of us UK 1/6 collectors to meet up
at one of these events and trade & sell stuff.

And add faces to names too.

Last edited:
I'm going to quietly warn against MCM Expo, unless you like anime and cosplay, as this is what it is mostly about. It gets crowded and hot in there and is full of people dressed as Vocaloids. I take my 9 and 12 year old daughters as it is their thing, but it really isn't mine. However, that is the first time I have heard it called a comic con, so perhaps they are changing tack. I doubt it, though, as it is unbelievably popular with young Japanophiles. It certainly has a good areas for independent graphic novels and their artists, but sales stands concentrate on manga and associated merch, which you can generally find cheaper on eBay, and the guests are generally people from Stargate that you have neevr heard of, Well, I haven't. Forbiden Planet have had a stand there, if you can find it in the crowds.

Better, but still not lots of 1:6 stuff, are the Film and Comic Cons. I have been to the London one in Earls Court. It is less crowded and fewer people cosplaying games characters I have never heard of (and that therefore make me feel ancient). It feels slightly older and a bit more...blokey? Good guests there (Matt Smith and most of the key cast from Red Dwarf last October, and lots of DS9 and Games of Thrones people at the lasy one) as well and stands selling various bits like Character Option figures, also some 1:6 (Big Chief were at the October 2012 event).

I have only been to a Memorabilia when it was attached to an Expo. Lower end figures there, but moderately interesting.

I would also be interested if anyone has dug up anything better in the UK, particularly the South East.

ETA: Here is a video of some of the cosplayers at London Film and Comic Con this month, to give you a feel for the venue and emphasis, not suggesting that you need to go dressed as the Avengers.

[ame]https://youtu.be/FviLQ-PJTb0[/ame]

And a cosplay video from MCM Expo in London. Most of this was filmed outside and in the foyer, so gives you no idea of how completed rammed it gets in there.

[ame]https://youtu.be/gpW7gNkohFA[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm going to quietly warn against MCM Expo, unless you like anime and cosplay, as this is what it is mostly about. It gets crowded and hot in there and is full of people dressed as Vocaloids. I take my 9 and 12 year old daughters as it is their thing, but it really isn't mine. However, that is the first time I have heard it called a comic con, so perhaps they are changing tack. I doubt it, though, as it is unbelievably popular with young Japanophiles. It certainly has a good areas for independent graphic novels and their artists, but sales stands concentrate on manga and associated merch, which you can generally find cheaper on eBay, and the guests are generally people from Stargate that you have neevr heard of, Well, I haven't. Forbiden Planet have had a stand there, if you can find it in the crowds.

Better, but still not lots of 1:6 stuff, are the Film and Comic Cons. I have been to the London one in Earls Court. It is less crowded and fewer people cosplaying games characters I have never heard of (and that therefore make me feel ancient). It feels slightly older and a bit more...blokey? Good guests there (Matt Smith and most of the key cast from Red Dwarf last October, and lots of DS9 and Games of Thrones people at the lasy one) as well and stands selling various bits like Character Option figures, also some 1:6 (Big Chief were at the October 2012 event).

I have only been to a Memorabilia when it was attached to an Expo. Lower end figures there, but moderately interesting.

I would also be interested if anyone has dug up anything better in the UK, particularly the South East.

ETA: Here is a video of some of the cosplayers at London Film and Comic Con this month, to give you a feel for the venue and emphasis, not suggesting that you need to go dressed as the Avengers.

https://youtu.be/FviLQ-PJTb0

And a cosplay video from MCM Expo in London. Most of this was filmed outside and in the foyer, so gives you no idea of how completed rammed it gets in there.

https://youtu.be/gpW7gNkohFA

:goodpost:

Excellent post Mau, much more useful detail than I was able to get from a Google search.

You are welcome.

I could have sworn I posted a response yesterday, but no response. Probably having a senior moment.

As Hidden Jitsu said, it might be a good idea to have a meet, perhaps at LFCC. The Winter one looks as though it will have a strong Dr Who bias, it being the 50th anniversary and all, so Big Chief might be there again.

Just wondering if we could arrange our own 1/6 scale figure dedicated show?
Just a thought that is all.
As a venue could be hired out and then tables could be sold for deales and collectors to sell there stuff.
Also swap too.
Like a small function room or something like that?
People could just have a table to show there customs off.
And tables full so spares and what not.
Instead of going to memorabilia and being let down by it being crap.

Just a thought that is all as it would be great.

Also is anybody going to memorabilia London?
As Thomas Jane. The punisher is going and would live my collectors edition DVD sighned

Have you joined/mentioned this on the uk 1/6 facebook groups? - one sixth anonymous and one sixth uk seem to have quite a few dealers on there quite often and seem to be growing quite steadily. i know there are the odd couple of action man type fairs, but nothing that leans more towards the hot toys/sci fi type.

It might be a better idea initially to tag along with one of the other cons. Probably not Memorabilia/MCM Expo, as they are rammed, but LFCC tends to have space. If someone is in the business or has organisational skills, might be worth talking to them about having an action figure section.

I wasn't even aware of those FB groups. Just joined. Thanks for that.

Hi guys

There is a large 1/6th scale military community in the UK with regular shows, many of the traders do stock Film/comic figures, i will dig out some links, hope this helps

Hi guys

There is a large 1/6th scale military community in the UK with regular shows, many of the traders do stock Film/comic figures, i will dig out some links, hope this helps

That'll be excellent - I can never find anything decent, most of the toys fairs I've found only do tin cars and trains.

I used to go to UK shows a couple of years ago to sell and buy. If there would be a larger show I would think about going again.

How many People are usually coming to the Welsh show ?

On average 50 to 100 may not sound many whey you consider the size of the UK market. But as you will know most are armchair generals.

Back