Evangelizing The STAR WARS Saga. Where do I begin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which order do you watch them in?

• Chronological: Episodes I-VI

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Release Date: IV-VI, I-III

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Preserving the Twists: IV, V, I, II, III, VI

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Something completely different.

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
Do not listen to these with biased and hatred filled views. Please don't. Although they may not know it, watching 4-6 first tainted there views of 1-3.

If you care about your friend and want them to enjoy the movies and not cry about them like 95% of people here do....

Watch I, II, III, IV, V, VI in that order. It leads to a much better experience overall and to me is the truest way to watch the saga.

I guarantee it, you or your friend will not regret it.

Trust me, I watched them 1-6 for my first time and it really makes all the difference.

I will be showing a friend all the movies to prepare for 7, but we're doing 4-6 first to not taint her view on Star Wars with episode 1. I know if i watched episode 1 i wouldn't want to continue on. People can call it biased of hatred, bit honestly it is just because episode 1 is a crap movie. It has bad acting, too much CGI, Jar Jar Binks, etc...

I will be showing a friend all the movies to prepare for 7, but we're doing 4-6 first to not taint her view on Star Wars with episode 1. I know if i watched episode 1 i wouldn't want to continue on. People can call it biased of hatred, bit honestly it is just because episode 1 is a crap movie. It has bad acting, too much CGI, Jar Jar Binks, etc...

You are a good friend. Your buddy shall be forever in your debt.

09R2CEV.gif

You are wrong. You are making a decision for your friend. You are already warping there view by saying this.

Watch 1-6 and I guarantee it your friend will have a different opinion than you.

I don't watch them in order. I just watch whichever one I'm in the mood to watch.

You are wrong. You are making a decision for your friend. You are already warping there view by saying this.

Watch 1-6 and I guarantee it your friend will have a different opinion than you.

I'm willing to bet they won't make it past AOTC and will then never want to see another Star Wars film.

Well then considering i know my friend a bit better than you do and what she likes I'll take the stance of i am not wrong and continue on with my plan. A random person on the internet telling me I'm wrong doesn't sway my opinion.

Well then considering i know my friend a bit better than you do and what she likes I'll take the stance of i am not wrong and continue on with my plan. A random person on the internet telling me I'm wrong doesn't sway my opinion.

Well... when you preach to them what movies are good and what ones are bad then there opinion is already warped by your views.

Well... when you preach to them what movies are good and what ones are bad then there opinion is already warped by your views.
I guess you missed the part where i said i was showing her ALL of them. I am starting with 4-6 though because they are excellent. Why would i want to start her on by far the worst one of the series? If you went to see a crap movie do you want to continue with the rest? If yes you are in the minority.

In preparation for THE FORCE AWAKENS, I get to introduce the six-part Saga to someone who's never seen a STAR WARS movie before. I've seen them all countless times and have them engrained in my psyche, but it's still fun to see them with new eyes for the first time.

If you were to do the same, would you start off in numbered/chronological order with THE PHANTOM MENACE? Or theatrical release order with STAR WARS? Prequel problems aside, it's everything or nothing.

If you value them as a person, don't show them any of the Star Wars movies. Spare them.

Take them out to dinner or buy them something nice instead (especially if it's a woman, *****es don't like Star Wars).

Do not listen to these with biased and hatred filled views. Please don't. Although they may not know it, watching 4-6 first tainted there views of 1-3.

If you care about your friend and want them to enjoy the movies and not cry about them like 95% of people here do....

Watch I, II, III, IV, V, VI in that order. It leads to a much better experience overall and to me is the truest way to watch the saga.

I guarantee it, you or your friend will not regret it.

Trust me, I watched them 1-6 for my first time and it really makes all the difference.

Explains a lot.

On a related note, I'm about to watch ROTS, my second favorite of the saga. Come at me haters:wink1:

I want to watch it this weekend as well. My rankings always seem to change after each viewing so it might climb to #1 for me :lol

Thanks for the link! Not sure why it's doing at the Statues section though. :lol

This is why I haven't watched Star Wars in decades, I have to go the extra mile just to watch the untampered movies. :slap

Happy to help. :)
That extra mile is SO worth it though. Years of frustration gone in an instant as soon as the crawl starts and there's no "Episode IV A NEW HOPE" at the top. Get your hands on these and it's like seeing them for the first time. Dude put a LOT of work into them.

Back