Evangelizing The STAR WARS Saga. Where do I begin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which order do you watch them in?

• Chronological: Episodes I-VI

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Release Date: IV-VI, I-III

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Preserving the Twists: IV, V, I, II, III, VI

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Something completely different.

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
In preparation for THE FORCE AWAKENS, I get to introduce the six-part Saga to someone who's never seen a STAR WARS movie before. I've seen them all countless times and have them engrained in my psyche, but it's still fun to see them with new eyes for the first time.

If you were to do the same, would you start off in numbered/chronological order with THE PHANTOM MENACE? Or theatrical release order with STAR WARS? Prequel problems aside, it's everything or nothing.

Attachments

• Struzan Star Wars.jpg
    Struzan Star Wars.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Drew-Struzan-Star-Wars-04-A-New-Hope.jpg
    Drew-Struzan-Star-Wars-04-A-New-Hope.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 191
What he said. If this person's never seen Star Wars before, why ruin the experience by showing the prequels?

IV, V, and VI....then VII

What he said. If this person's never seen Star Wars before, why ruin the experience by showing the prequels?

I just want to watch the unaltered original trilogy in HD!

Just do IV, V & VI

123 don't exist.

ANH, ESB, ROTJ.

What are these prequels people talk of?!

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

We just had a patron borrow the SW DVD set we have at the library for a viewing party this weekend.

I say watch the entire saga to prepare for Episode VII. :lecture

Let the hate towards me begin for that last comment. Your hate tastes like Krispy Kreme donuts. :drool

We just had a patron borrow the SW DVD set we have at the library for a viewing party this weekend.

I say watch the entire saga to prepare for Episode VII. :lecture

Let the hate towards me begin for that last comment. Your hate tastes like Krispy Kreme donuts. :drool

:lol :lol :lol

I love how people can claim the title of fan, yet crucify part of the series. :slap

I suppose maybe my age is a huge factor, seeing Ep. I at 7 years old kind of imprinted the series on me. Personally if I could start over, I'd still do 4-6 and then 1-3 for the reason of Anakin. I think with how Vader is and to know he is Luke's father and that he was Anakin was crazy. But seeing it in the PT kind of made it all click and it was nice to see how a nice but wildly boy can become some badass Sith. And it's a bit depressing to see him spiral down to evil.

Say what you will but PT has easily the best action and battles IMO. I personally also like the cast so that might be another factor.

The this is the thread you want to see.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ized-edition-remastered-mkv2-5-available.html

Unless you've already done this, of course, and are just saying that you only want to watch Star Wars, Empire and Jedi and forget the prequels. Which is what I'd also do. :)

Thanks for the link! Not sure why it's doing at the Statues section though. :lol

This is why I haven't watched Star Wars in decades, I have to go the extra mile just to watch the untampered movies. :slap

Thought about this a while back when deciding what order my kids should watch. Settled on 4-6 first.

(1) Luke's heroic story is kid-friendlier than Anakin's tragic story. Don't want them to get too attached to Anakin without knowing where his story is going. Doesn't end well.

(2) There's information in 4-6 that the viewer is assumed to understand when watching 1-3.

(3) If I started w/ 4-6, and liked em, why change it up for them? There's a reason they were made in that order.

(4) Seeing really dynamic lightsaber fighting from 1-3 first might make the fights in 4-6 disappointing, rather than the other way around.

(5) If you only get through one trilogy, 4-6 is the one that matters more to 7.

SnakeDoc

Back