EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks ecekat are there any shops you can buy from in Greece? it would be crap if you can collect anymore. :(

i like the exclusives,and the regulars are very high-priced here...nah,i am very sad about this...i am a student in university and i cannot afford this much...anyway,i will be looking only:banghead:bangheadhope you guys have a better treatment...

i like the exclusives,and the regulars are very high-priced here...nah,i am very sad about this...i am a student in university and i cannot afford this much...anyway,i will be looking only:banghead:bangheadhope you guys have a better treatment...

Sorry to hear that man it really does suck.

I believe we offer this option to all International customers (as well as domestic) - the choice between UPS and FedEx. Now, I'm not sure that the rates published will also be available through UPS, or if that's only a deal we received through FedEx. It would be best to find out from customer service!

You can call: +1-805-2100 extension 2
Send a Customer Service Request Form: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=177
Or you can request a callback if you don't want to spend money on an international phone call: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/article.php?id=intlcallback

Thank you Dusty! If SS can send their products to me by other means than FedEx then I'm happy!

Thank you Dusty! If SS can send their products to me by other means than FedEx then I'm happy!

I would'nt use UPS either though... :nono
I've had packages delivered by them twice now that I can remember, not from SS but other US companies and the customs and Import fees were horrendous, i cant remember exactly now what they were but they were enough for me to say I will NEVER get anything delivered by them again, I nearly had a heart attack both times :horror :rolleyes:

I've never used FedEx before but have heard stories, and will leave judgement till I get something from them to decide.

So here's the deal for Belgian collectors: a breakdown for the SSE Creature which I received on Nov. 24. Not sure whether this falls under SSC's new shipping policy, but as a matter of fact, I received the item straight from the US warehouse, and it was delivered by FedEx.

PC 1 1 0 $179.99 $179.99
SSE Creature Diorama
------------
Sub Total: $179.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $40.47
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $220.46

And here's the FedEx invoice for that item I received today:

Tax 21%: $45.14 (31€)
FedEx handling fee: $14.56 (10 €)

GRAND TOTAL: 280.16

Which means, it has cost me 101.16 to get the SSE Creature delivered from the US to Belgium. As fine as this collectible may be, it's not worth an extra $101. Had the Creature been delivered from the EU warehouse, I would have saved at least $30. With many 12" figures being close to $180 on the SSC site, Belgian collectors now have a taste for how much extra $ they have to set aside for 12" figures ordered straight from Sideshow! And let's not forget that SSC has already announced that they are going to be much more strict in regards of consolidating orders, which eventually means even more extra costs (see post #2 of this thread). Granted, collecting is an expensive hobby, but with SSC's recent move, it's getting even more expensive, not cheaper. Not better. And that's not very customer friendly in my perception. What makes it even worse, is that SSC is trying to sell this as a good move for us! That's crazy. To me, Sideshow's attitude in this is clear: you can buy collectibles from us, and, the rest is not our problem. Maybe equitable, but it's not very nice nor smart to treat people that supported SSC by purchasing collectibles directly from them for years like that. I did so since 2004 btw. And I believe that a great many other (international and) European collectors did the same: they ordered straight from Sideshow. Not from retailers.
Although I wish the rest of Europe will have a better agreement than the people in Belgium have from now on, I highly doubt it. Sideshow, what you are trying to sell as a good move towards the European collectors, is in reality a financial nightmare for them. This marks a significant change in my collecting.

Sideshow Store Exclusive Editions
The introduction of the Sideshow Store Exclusive Editions isn't helping much either. I've asked a couple of times on your site about European retailers who would carry these products, and there was a big silence. If we have to import these products from US retailers also, the result will more or less be the same as what we are having with SSC now: extra taxes and handling fees.

I guess SideShow calculations ($7.78) are a little bit off. Aren't they ? Or maybe SideShow calculator is missing the Zeros ?

I guess SideShow calculations ($7.78) are a little bit off. Aren't they ? Or maybe SideShow calculator is missing the Zeros ?

change the $ and make it import fee 7.78% and they are correct!!:banghead:banghead:banghead

I never understood why SS does not use USPS for their Canadian/International shipping. It would save all non-US collectors a lot of money.

probably ....so,guys...you who are not rich,may i ask what did you do??

I'm not rich nor poor but i cancelled a load of mine not because i couldn't afford the extra fees but just because i refuse to pay all that extra, simple really.

Well the extras are from your country taxes,not SideShow,still SideShow shouldn't start if you can't finish it.

Well the extras are from your country taxes,not SideShow,still SideShow shouldn't start if you can't finish it.

Yes i'm fully aware of that but for the past year or so i haven't had these extra fees so i'm not going to start paying them now.

VAT has always been payable on sideshow imports to the UK via the UK warehouse. That has been paid at the current UK rate of 15%, and shipped within the UK and to the other EU countries. Within the EU I understand there is no customs taxable on items sent between member states. Therefore countries with higher import VAT within the EU would still only pay the UK rate. Now with shipping direct to those countries they will pay their country's usual rate at 21% or whatever it may be. I can understand the frustration of guys from those countries with higher VAT who will now pay more. Add on the chunk FedEx will take in fees and it can see how it gets so pricey.

I have emailed SS customer service to see if they will ship by another carrier, as per Dusty's post. So far no response, but I'll post when they get back to me.

VAT has always been payable on sideshow imports to the UK via the UK warehouse. That has been paid at the current UK rate of 15%, and shipped within the UK and to the other EU countries. Within the EU I understand there is no customs taxable on items sent between member states. Therefore countries with higher import VAT within the EU would still only pay the UK rate. Now with shipping direct to those countries they will pay their country's usual rate at 21% or whatever it may be. I can understand the frustration of guys from those countries with higher VAT who will now pay more. Add on the chunk FedEx will take in fees and it can see how it gets so pricey.

Excatly! And in my case it's 25% vat + 6 or 12% dutytax. That between 16 - 22% more than today. I just cancelled orders worth $2000. Some waitlists reservers will be happy.

Back