EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys but you are totally missing our point here. We, european collectors, are very grateful to Sideshow for giving us the EU warehouse. Nobody is saying otherwise. The key here is Sideshow told us they are closing it for our good and we are simply saying if that is the real reason, then they are mistaken.

I'm not missing that point at all. I can, and everyone can, see why you're all disappointed. The reason that it's for your own good isn't necessarily wrong. If they were to keep it open, they may have to charge even higher fees, to the local collectors there, to maintain it's viability. Of course, you'd seek the cheaper option and buy direct from the USA. Therefore, keeping the EU warehouse operating isn't an option.

Sorry guys but you are totally missing our point here. We, european collectors, are very grateful to Sideshow for giving us the EU warehouse. Nobody is saying otherwise. The key here is Sideshow told us they are closing it for our good and we are simply saying if that is the real reason, then they are mistaken.

Truth be told, you won't even know that until the first items begin to ship directly from Sideshow at the new rates, so at this point, it's still all speculation. Aside from that, while you may be an exception, a majority of the gripes have been about having to pay "high VAT fees" which still validates my initial post.

Well, they have never said anything about being too costly to keep it opened. Even if that is true, they only told us it will be closed to deliver our packages faster and avoid damages during shipping. If the EU warehouse is economically unviable and must be closed, then they are telling half truths and most of us would have understood it if they said it this way from the beggining.

Well, they have never said anything about being too costly to keep it opened. Even if that is true, they only told us it will be closed to deliver our packages faster and avoid damages during shipping. If the EU warehouse is economically unviable and must be closed, then they are telling half truths and most of us would have understood it if they said it this way from the beggining.

:lecture:lecture:lecturethanks man!!

Well, they only told us it will be closed to deliver our packages faster and avoid damages during shipping.

Well then there you have it.

Deliver packages faster; perhaps they were experiencing more and more problems getting shipments through to the EU warehouse, as well as, through to their customers. Constant delays and, probably, constant complaints as to where peoples packages are and when they might arrive.

Avoid damages during shipping; perhaps the number of problems and complaints, and the ensuing insurance and rectification, became too costly and too much for Sideshow to manage remotely.

Sideshow aren't going to whine about their problems publicly. They're too professional. Their reasons are their private concern. All they owe anyone is notification of their intent to close their distribution outlet, not necessarily their reasons why.

They are telling us half truths then. Don´t get me wrong, I love Sideshow, I will still buy stuff from them directly, although less than before, and really appreciate their efforts to offer us a good deal on shipping, but I think they are not dealing with this issue well.

Deliver packages faster; perhaps they were experiencing more and more problems getting shipments through to the EU warehouse, as well as, through to their customers. Constant delays and, probably, constant complaints as to where peoples packages are and when they might arrive.

Constant Complaints?; NO. We were very happy watching the statuts in other hands pictures before receiving ours.

I see a lot of people cancelling its orders, so I wonder. Is SS losing more money, now, closing EU W than keeping it open?. I know they're doing a staff to consider the impact of the new measures.

They are telling us half truths then. I think they are not dealing with this issue well.

What are they telling you that is only half true? I think you're bending what they say because you don't want to hear the truth.

You can't handle the truth. :lol

I think Sideshow is dealing with the issue as best they can, and in a professional manner. I tend to think that their EU customers aren't dealing with this issue well.

the problem is that ss says the most of her products are not charged any fees in europe...and in the most countries the statues are charged... i think that this has something to do with fedex...

SS is not well informed. Here in Spain we´ll pay 6%, Somebody phoned customs and say so.

Constant Complaints?; NO. We were very happy watching the statuts in other hands pictures before receiving ours.

I see a lot of people cancelling its orders, so I wonder. Is SS losing more money, now, closing EU W than keeping it open?. I know they're doing a staff to consider the impact of the new measures.
Just as most are speculating at what is to come. So am I speculating as to their reasons. I'm just trying to add another perspective to the thread. The reasons I have stated are what would seem logical to me, not necessarily facts.

It's like a death in the family. There is a grieving process. Eventually you will get to acceptance, and hopefully, only remember the happy times.

This model hasn't worked or performed for them, whatever. Maybe, as times go by, they'll revisit this EU warehouse idea, and with new technologies and a rapidly changing world, a new model will be developed and incorporated.

There's always one.

Go into User CP and change your settings. I'm only getting 27 pages of it. May I correct you and state that it's pages of customers wrongly blaming Sideshow. From what I can gather their blaming Sideshow for their liking of Sideshows products so much.

High shipping costs is just a part of being an international collector, regardless whether there's an EU warehouse or not. Sideshow tried to do something for them by opening the EU warehouse. Unfortunately for them it's no longer working out so well for Sideshow, so it has to go. Sideshow go to the trouble of trying to get them a better deal by negotiating with Fedex, but it's not good enough for some. It is expected that orders will be cancelled.

This is an opportunity for someone to open their own EU warehouse. Who's going to put their money where their mouth is? No one?

My only problem with this is being forced to use FedEx, who I've had bad experiences with in the past. If Sideshow could offer an alternative carrier, or a couple of alternatives (UPS/USPS) and let us choose which we want to go with at checkout I'd be happy.

My only problem with this is being forced to use FedEx, who I've had bad experiences with in the past. If Sideshow could offer an alternative carrier, or a couple of alternatives (UPS/USPS) and let us choose which we want to go with at checkout I'd be happy.

I'd be surprised if they didn't allow you to call customer service and set that up when the items start processing. They've allowed some U.S. customers that option.

The truth is they can´t keep it opened from an economic point of view and I understand that. I think they dealt with it too late, when the rumor made everybody get upset. We should have known about this change first hand and not by someone who told another one and so on.

The truth is they can´t keep it opened from an economic point of view and I understand that. I think they dealt with it too late, when the rumor made everybody get upset. We should have known about this change first hand and not by someone who told another one and so on.

Along the same lines, at least they came out with it. I can think of many other companies who would've just closed it and let you find out through orders.

Yes, but these other companies are not Sideshow. Sideshow is the best collectible company and therefore I expect the best from them.

I believe we offer this option to all International customers (as well as domestic) - the choice between UPS and FedEx. Now, I'm not sure that the rates published will also be available through UPS, or if that's only a deal we received through FedEx. It would be best to find out from customer service!

You can call: +1-805-2100 extension 2
Send a Customer Service Request Form: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=177
Or you can request a callback if you don't want to spend money on an international phone call: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/article.php?id=intlcallback

just talked to fedex in greece and look what they told me.

vat and import fees for a statue which costs 350 dollars and weights 5 kg are about 110 euros...but to clear the customs,you need one assistant which costs 80 euros...so,the real price is about 640 dollars and a 25 dollars gift card...

end of collecting for me.thank you ss!

Back