EU Transit Delays?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't want to go into more detail for now since my case is still unsolved but so far it is ridiculous and full of empty promises. :dunno

Actually there was communication in my case, telling me that a particular person at Sideshows customer service would personally take care of this matter but I should allow another two business days for a reply (why?).

Well let me just say that I'm on day five now with no further response from that person yet. What a farce.

Finally I got sorted by Sideshow's crew, they send a new parcel directly from the US because the one supposedly stuck in EU customs is amiss.

I can say that it proves again that Sideshow will solve your issue sooner or, unfortunately, later as they used to in the past, but the somewhat annoying part is that there seem to be lots of informational asymmetries among their employees, which in turn leads to the sort of questionable responses you could later denote as, well, lies.

Last edited:
I've only recieved my item and the free SS mug. No coupons or giftcards for me :/

If I am not mistaken, the Gift Card is only applicable to SS's US-based Customers. I have been buying loads of stuff from SS during the Free Gift Card Promotions but got none of these freebies with my shipments. :confused:

If I am not mistaken, the Gift Card is only applicable to SS's US-based Customers. I have been buying loads of stuff from SS during the Free Gift Card Promotions but got none of these freebies with my shipments. :confused:
It was stated in the promotional item giveaway details that EU/international customers had to email SS to request the promotional item(s), because of possible extra VAT costs.
The terms and conditions aren't on the Fantacular page anymore, but I also remember it stated that no physical giftcards were being sent to international customers. The giftcard codes would be sent to you by email later.

See that stuff is never in an easy to find place. Would be nice to not be treated like a second class citizen just because you don't like within America, especially at the end of the day you end up paying a lot more for the product with the shipping costs.

The plus side is the dollar remains weak against the pound (although not as week as it was) and long may it continue :lol

Still Havnt received my package yet. Not Sideshow's fault, though. As you can see below it was shipped on the 16th and was shipped to Ireland by mistake. Well, they (ParcelForce) shipped it back to the UK and on the 22nd they shipped it to me. On the 24th it landed in the first Hub in denmark and the day after it was scanned in the UK again :confused: Apparently, some douschbag looked at the wrong address or something and shipped it back to the UK :banghead I called them (ParcelForce) Friday and they confirmed they had and it was alredy put on a truck back to denmark.
But, funny thing happend yesterday when i checked the tracking number. IT WAS SCANNED IN IRELAND! AGAIN! AND SHIPPED FROM IRELAND! AGAIN! :monkey4 So now i'm just waiting for the next update to see where it's scanned next. UK or denmark? Or maybe some whole other ^^^^ing country :duh

EDIT: It was scanned this morning in Ireland, AGAIN!!! Just talked with 3 different people at ParcelForce. They have talked with Ireland and it's being returned yet again to the UK where they will yet again make sure it's shipped to me in denmark.

Thanks, but it looks like the issues with the order isnt quite over yet...

17-09-2008 18:18 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DELIVERY ADDRESS DATA CHANGED
17-09-2008 17:24 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Left origin country
17-09-2008 16:54 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Arrived at destination country
17-09-2008 16:52 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF PARCEL IN WAREHOUSE ERROR
17-09-2008 16:33 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Rerouted to correct destination
16-09-2008 23:11 International Hub Export item accepted into network
16-09-2008 23:08 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
16-09-2008 17:12 Medway Depot On route to hub
16-09-2008 14:45 Medway Depot Collected from customer

The little issue is i live in denmark :lol Hopefully the address change means it's on it's way to me and not the EU warehouse.

Last edited:
Back