EU Figure Poll update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the very spirit of the EU is characters that are not even in the films!

quilin vos was a background character in episode 1. kir kanos is just an emperor's royal guard seen in episodes 3 and 6. in my mind, it was kir kanos who yoda slapped up against the wall. :D why no campaign to get them out of the poll? :google

you guys are taking this way too seriously. i'd prefer padme win, but honestly, they all would make great figures.....as long as they are top quality i don't care who wins. it's all star wars! :peace

.....and who wouldn't want as many natalie portman figures as possible? :naughty

You gotta believe Sideshow is gonna make only a handful of EU figures. Why waste one on Padme when she's gonna get made at least twice.

Eh, I'd rather have Padme than Mara. Anyhow, don't blame me-- I voted for Thrawn.

captain sack said:
quilin vos was a background character in episode 1. kir kanos is just an emperor's royal guard seen in episodes 3 and 6. in my mind, it was kir kanos who yoda slapped up against the wall. :D why no campaign to get them out of the poll? :google

you guys are taking this way too seriously. i'd prefer padme win, but honestly, they all would make great figures.....as long as they are top quality i don't care who wins. it's all star wars! :peace

.....and who wouldn't want as many natalie portman figures as possible? :naughty

Vos was only mentioned in Ep.III, not Ep.I and he never had screentime....What do you mean, in your mind Kanos was the RG that Yoda Slapped? He was an EU comic character and we will never know if he was one of them...We ACTUALLY know ahd have seen Padme, and she is FAR from a lesser, more obscure character! I mean, Mon Mothma is important but has next to no screen time....for crying out loud Padme is the whole catalyst for ANAKIN's fall!!!!

I think they will make them all and are just waiting a while to tell us....this being the first poll of its kind for their new SW 12" license.

No one is impugning Padme's position of power, but she was going to come out anyway - most likely in a costume nearly identical to this "EU" one. I think there's some outrage that she may be taking away a spot for a character that had less of a chance of getting made.

I'd love to see Padme sooner rather than later, but I want them all. And if the final vote is only 9 away - they ought to make both anyway.

I'm a huge Padmé fan, but I just dont like to have a comic character doll of her. I'd rather have the real thing.

It's not going to be a comic version of her - only the costume will be from the cartoon - she'll be realistic to fit in with the rest of the figures. They said that early on.

B-Electronic said:
I'm a huge Padmé fan, but I just dont like to have a comic character doll of her. I'd rather have the real thing.

I believe this was a big part of the problem...People do not listen or they do not do any kind of research before voting...I think a LOT of the Padme' voters think that she will be released looking like a cartoon character....instead of a more realistic figure in the costume based on the snow bunny get up from the CLone Wars cartoon! UGH! :banghead

Sir Tristram said:
Vos was only mentioned in Ep.III, not Ep.I and he never had screentime....What do you mean, in your mind Kanos was the RG that Yoda Slapped? He was an EU comic character and we will never know if he was one of them...We ACTUALLY know ahd have seen Padme, and she is FAR from a lesser, more obscure character! I mean, Mon Mothma is important but has next to no screen time....for crying out loud Padme is the whole catalyst for ANAKIN's fall!!!!

I think they will make them all and are just waiting a while to tell us....this being the first poll of its kind for their new SW 12" license.

quinlin vos was in episode 1. he was in the cantina with sebulba at the time sebulba was gonna kill jar jar. there is even a screenshot of him on the official star wars website database.

as for my statement that you guys are taking this all to seriously, the rest of your post proves it. :joy

It has not been established that is Quinlin Vos in the background of TPM.
That was the character that inspired the look of Quinlin Vos, but not Vos himself.

captain sack said:
quinlin vos was in episode 1. he was in the cantina with sebulba at the time sebulba was gonna kill jar jar. there is even a screenshot of him on the official star wars website database.

as for my statement that you guys are taking this all to seriously, the rest of your post proves it. :joy

Please....Too Seriously.... :rolleyes:
I have never met a star wars collector that wasn't passionate about Star Wars...Just look at these boards with regards to many different licenses!

Padme's nomination in this poll was misguided by sideshow. She is a awesomely important character in the Star Wars Canon and would have been made anyway....all they are giving us is an EU costume. Lame.

As for Vos...You are mistaken. He was NOT in Ep.I, (Lucas never wrote Vos into Ep.I as he did for, say, Aurra Sing) they (EU creators) only took inpiration for his look for the comics from an Extra (Actor) that was in a back ground shot on Tatooine. That was never meant to be the character that became General Vos (Master of Aayla Secura) that we only hear reference of in Ep.III.

From the Databank:
Quinlan's character design came from a background extra glimpsed in Episode I, during the Mos Espa sequence that introduces Sebulba. Quinlan has starred in several story arcs of the ongoing Star Wars comic series from Dark Horse Comics.
bts_bg.jpg

:joy

Next weekend. The answer was revealed to me in the "How Long Until Leia Exclusive Sells Out" topic.
It'll be a part of Fantacular event.

It's probably Padme... *sigh*

Mara was pretty close though...
So, let's hope MARA pulled it off at the last second!....Even though I voted for Kir!

Back