EU Figure Poll update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said above I've been told of at least 2 boards that are only voting for Padme. Not that I have a problem but if that's going on more than one board you can see why she is jumping up so high.

jlcmsu said:
As I said above I've been told of at least 2 boards that are only voting for Padme. Not that I have a problem but if that's going on more than one board you can see why she is jumping up so high.

what two boards are these? i'd like to check them out.

captain sack said:
why do you think only padme is getting shill votes? why not any of the other five?

what makes padme fans more dishonest than the other EU fans?

I'll never deny that shill voting could happen with the other candidates and I won't say that all Padme fans are dishonest.
There are many who have said on message boards that they couldn't give a poo about Extended Universe characters and would only buy Characters from the movies. That group that only cares about the movie characters are a different demographic then the EU fans IMHO, and I would think that it would have a larger number of kids and teens because this choice comes from a cartoon show that wouldn't care about cheating. I don't buy that it's simply more people are fans and therefore Padme has honest votes because:
-This character is in the Snow Bunny costume and a large number of movie only fans wouldn't buy that version so it should even their numbers out with the EU fans.
-The voting has risen so sharply in the last few weeks, that it seems to me that there is a considerable effort to push that choice up to first.
That's why I think there are more dishonest shill voting here simply because the candidate has shot up the chart so fast.

There are also many who have voted that said they would'nt want to buy any but voted anyways because it's easy. Not that Padme has more of them but it's a factor in all the votes placed.

I got a reply back and he said its either deathstarplans.com or mousedroid.com but he wasn't sure.

jlcmsu said:
I got a reply back and he said its either deathstarplans.com or mousedroid.com but he wasn't sure.

i checked mousedroid.com and didn't find any mention of a mass vote campaign for padme, and deathstarplans.com isn't a website. :confused:

Okay, this is still ridiculous. Padme could actually win? That's just not right! So go vote for Mara I guess.
  • Mara Jade: 1782
  • Padme Amidala: 1768
  • Kir Kanos: 1649
  • Asajj Ventress: 1362
  • Quinlan Vos: 1332
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn: 1132

...and if anyone would like their own @sideshowcollectors.com email address, I might be able to accomodate them...I'm just saying...

First of all....the Padme boost is ridiculous...
But Sideshow has got to be pleased with those numbers!

I mean even if they made ALL OF THEM at 500 pieces per figure....they would sell out!
I think they are going to make them all eventually!
I actually had Padme last on my personal list of wants (Out of that list)!!!

Last edited:
:banghead The figure going to win isn't even a true EU Character. Maybe if Padme wins they will make the areana figure of her and the exclusive would be the snow cloak. I mean, the outfit does look very similar. If this was the case, I could live with it. Kir would make a much better figure though :banghead

I really want a Padmé figure. But I want the real version, not the cartoony bunnyrabbit suit :sick

I don't know if this was a good idea to ask for votes. No matter who wins, the vast majority of people won't be happy because their figure didn't win.

Very, very disappointing results. I was thinking about picking any of them up when they're released, but I'm now thinking I'll not buy a Padme in Snow bunny outfit in spite, because it looks like she's going to win. :mad:

It's funny- with the Snow Bunny Padme from Gentle Giant such a sought after success, there's obviously an interest in that representation of the character. I think that we would all have been thrilled if Sideshow had just announced her as the first confirmed 12" figure. Instead, she's gonna get the cold shoulder because many will just see her as the Kir Kanos or Mara Jade that could have been... (And by "cold shoulder" I mean that she will sell out anyway!)

Don't get me wrong, I want a Padme more than most characters. But this is essentially Arena Padme with a fur cloak. It's a figure we'd have gotten anyway. I want more Star Wars toys, voting for Padme is just a cutting down the number of figures we'll get.

Or that's my theory anyway...

ok please correct me if im wrong but is'nt padme dead so how is she in the EU? :google

EU is anything non-canon - can be pre-Phantom Menace or post ROJ and anything in between. This Padme is from the Clone Wars cartoons which takes place between AoC and ROTS.

tomandshell said:
It's funny- with the Snow Bunny Padme from Gentle Giant such a sought after success, there's obviously an interest in that representation of the character. I think that we would all have been thrilled if Sideshow had just announced her as the first confirmed 12" figure. Instead, she's gonna get the cold shoulder because many will just see her as the Kir Kanos or Mara Jade that could have been... (And by "cold shoulder" I mean that she will sell out anyway!)
And the word is that Hasbro is also making a Snow Bunny Padme as a exclusive in the 3 3/4" line next year.
I like the costume and the character but, this Vote is for an EU CHARACTER not an EU COSTUME VARIATION! :banghead :crying
I hope Mara Jade wins! "crosses fingers"

Looks like Padme's gonna win. She's leading by 12 votes with only a few hours left. If this figure was released later in the line, I'd probably be on the fence with this figure. But if it's released very early in the line (as in 2nd or 3rd) I'd be more willing to fork over my not-so hard earned cash.

They really screwed us on this one though....While Dave is correct, anything non-canon is EU, the very spirit of the EU is characters that are not even in the films!
They should have made Padme with this costume variation as a later exclusive.
This is a cheesy end to an outstanding poll.
I think (or moreso, HOPE) that SS is just messing with us and makes ALL OF THESE....Sicne all of them received more than 1000 votes each....I'd say they all deserve at least a 250 run on the SS exclusive market!

With only hours left in the voting, Padme has officially taken the lead.

Padme - 1803
Mara Jade - 1791
Kir Kanos - 1662
Quilan Vos - 1381
Asajj Ventress - 1374
Admiral Thrawn - 1140

Damn it!
This is not right, Padme should be disqualified!
:crying

Back