EU collectors, have you received Darth Maul and Bib Fortuna 12" figures yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anakin1138

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was wondering If somebody has yet received these two figures in the European Union.
Thanks to those who will answer this thread and MTFBWY.

NO!!!! :banghead :mad:

Phone SS and they said that EU warehouse is closed until the end of January. ****ing *******s!

sideshowtob said:
Nope, but they did take the money for both in the days running up to Christmas.

Just got of the phone with SS. That email I got saying that my Bib Fortuna was shiped on the 21st of December ment that it was actually shiped to the EU warehouse in UK, no straight to me. But it should be shiping to me within a few days. :)

geto10 said:
NO!!!! :banghead :mad:

Phone SS and they said that EU warehouse is closed until the end of January. ****ing *******s!
Yes, that couldn't be true since in the January 4 newsletter, they said that the warehouse was re-opened.
It better be open too! I've been charged for 4 or 6 items, over the last month, and it would be swell if at least some would finally arrive at my house...

Well, I've been charged and invoiced for the Darth Maul ex, Bib Fortuna ex and Salacious Crumb creatures pack ex 12" figures all this the first week of january, now I still haven't received one of them, today they charged my credit card for the Luke & Yoda PF, I do hope to get the pf soon... anyway still no tracking number for anyone of them... sounds strange but It seems we all are on the same boat:) as nobody seems to have yet received them.

Chicky has answered, here's the post she did in another thread:

Hi all,

We appreciate all the feedback that you have given us. We were under the impression that all of our orders were caught up, however after checking with our EU warehouse they have found some orders from November that were stuck in their system. Hence why the mass firing of personnel around Christmas.

For those few who indeed have had their order charged in November, these orders are now being sent out of their warehouse and will have tracking e-mails to follow. Please accept our apologies as this was NOT done intentionally. We were unaware of the hold up for a few of our client orders. If you do not receive tracking info by the end of the week, please e-mail us at the address below.

As I explained in an earlier post, we have made some significant changes in this warehouse. You will notice a few slight changes in our procedures as well as correspondence. We will begin processing you credit card for the item a few days earlier then our old procedure. This will happen when your item is en route to our EU facility. You should expect to receive an e-mailed invoice for your order at this time. Unfortunately, due to our web restrictions the 'shipped' status appears prematurely within your online account, because the item has physically left our US warehouse and not our EU warehouse. We are working to adjust this for the near future.

Once your item has physically left the EU warehouse, please expect a second e-mail, which will contain your tracking information. Depending upon your location from our EU facility, will affect the delivery time of your package.

As always, we ask that if you are truly concerned with your order that you e-mail us directly (Domer "No answers here, maybe somewhere else.") We do not monitor this board on a daily basis and posts to this board SHOULD not be assumed are read by us.

It is disheartening to read the rhetoric that we do not care or the assumptions that our business is less then reputable. A few shipping issues and delays for a few customers does not translate into ripping off thousands of EU customers. New boards are very small communities and therefore it is easy to assume that a few posts are indicative of the entire situation, but they are not.

However, if this is the way that you do feel, I advise that you cancel your orders with us immediately and purchase from a local store, which with you would feel more comfortable. We in no way would like to continue a relationship in which you were distrustful of us nor where we had to deal with your assumptions and negativity.

Anyone that requires direct assistance can e-mail us here:[email protected].

Best,
Chicky
Sideshow Collectibles

Now I think we can expect tracking numbers for these items soon, as they are not yet being shipped from the EU Warehouse.

THANKS Chicky

I ordered my Maul from Forbidden Planet and I have been billed for him today, so I expect he'll be arriving shortly, so shouldn't be too much longer for us all to wait!

Ive got to say, Im not extactic about having money taken from my account 20-odd days ago for a figure i dont even have a tracking number for yet. (Maul)

The way its looking I wont even see this figure for a month after they took my money, which is all well and good, but thats money I could have used. Things are often tight for people just after Xmas, if you dont have the goods to send out, dont be charging for them until you do. Sorry, but I think is is a bit of a dodgy practice.

Fine, charge me for the figure when it hits the EU warehouse, that makes sense to me. Charge me and then send my figure our from there. Its been almost a month since i was charged... Has my Darth Maul been sitting in the EU warehouse since then? if so, how come?

Also, where are the probe droids? They went on preorder at the same time as maul, but theres no sign of them. I was kind of under the impression theyd be sent out with Maul. After all, a later figure, (Fortuna) is already arriving on doorsteps. The probe droids dont strike me as requiring the amount of work (ie tailoring, painting etc) that the figures do, (Although i guess the sculpts and modling and whatever could take a while)

So how come The Bib Fortuna, a later figure, hits doorsteps before the probes do? I think im right in saying even Jabbas creatures are out now too. The probes were on preorder in what? August? Surely the creatures require more work than the probe droids? Id have expected the PDs before Bib Fortuna or Jabbas creatures to be honest.

Last edited:
Well, we must anyway understand the new sideshow policy... they can now keep the item in their main warehouse If there are last minute cancelation... otherwise they would have had to keep the item in the EU warehouse without a chance to sell it again... well at least only to eu collectors.

This Issue/Feature was discussed over at the Ask Sideshow part of the board.

When it won`t be changed back the credit cards will be charged weeks before the item arrived at the UK Warehouse.

I've had Darth Maul in for about a week now. Absolutely superb figure. Bib Fortuna is due in the next couple of weeks.

Got my Maul today.

He's an awesome figure and when I got him I thought I'd pose him in a film accurate position.

In the end I went for something else because the cloak was too cool not to wear and I wanted to display the double saber.

Very, VERY, cool.

If the UK people got their Maul, it can only mean that I will be getting mine next week. Together with Bib I presume (combined shipping). I'll be glad when those two finally arrive at my house. Still no tracking info though. But perhaps I get it sometime tonight! Got to watch my inbox.

Well... after contacting the SSC CS, I was told that a tracking mail had been send off to me on friday. Didn't receive it yet. Fortunately they included the tracking info in the mail, so I'm able to track the parcel. Should be here on monday. Wew!
So, I guess that everyone willing to participate in SSC 'pose you Maul' contest can now do so, for the deadline in January 28th I belive.

Received my tracking info last night, should get inclusive Maul today :chew

Only been waiting six or so months :rolleyes:

Back