EU collectors, have you received Darth Maul and Bib Fortuna 12" figures yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Inclusive Darth Maul today (Great Figure). The payment was taken on 28th december!! 26 day shipping? Oh and the box was dented when it arrived!:rolleyes: I wont buy Direct from sideshow again.

Got Maul inclusive and Bib exclusive today. I'm more impressed by Bib than by Maul. The packaged arrived undamaged, the new packing system (larger shipper box, fixed by styrofoam (?) works well.
There's a tiny silver colored button missing on the back of Maul's belt. Oh well... Don't feel like asking SSC for a replacement belt, just because a little button is missing.
Let's hope SSC have the EU warehouse under controle now, so we don't have to wait for this long again.

Has anyone else ordered Bib from Forbidden Planet International? Seeing as they delivered Maul before SS did, I'm assuming they'll have Bib pretty soon too.

Got my Maul yesterday. All I can say is Wow! By far and away the best Sideshow Star wars figure ive bought.

I'd been a little worried about how his tattoos might look cos some of the pictures ive seen of him online , the tattoos werent so well alligned and the mouth area looked a bit wierd, but I guess thats the one trouble with those big closeup shots, tends to magnify the problems. Im perfectly happy with the paint aps on mine.

The body seems a little better too. sturdier somehow and it seems in better proportion? certainly doesnt seem to suffer so much from 'big head' syndrome as some of the earlier SW figures have.

When i ordered him, I wasnt at all sure about the expression... it seemed a little sad almost to me, though not as bland or upset looking as the original Hasbro 12" Maul. In person, whilst I still wish it had a little more aggression, it works very well indeed.

Another thing thats struck me, which I imagine has also struck others on here, Is just how cool he looks in his cloak. I hadnt intended to pose him with it on, Id pretty much decided when I ordered him that he was going to be posed in without the cloak, with the double bladed saber But having put the cloak on him, messed aroudn with the hood long enough to get it just how i wanted it, I decided it was staying on. Havent got him holding a saber either. He just looks so cool with the Hood up and his arms folded, I cant see me changing it for a while.

Same thing happened to me with Obi Wan. After posing him with his hood up like in the final scenes from ROTS, i decided to keep him like that cos it seemed very iconic. With Maul, theres really no need for the weopon or an aggressive stance. This figure speaks for itself. The power and 'mood' of the character is evident just from the shape almost. I really like the probe droid control bracelet too. Kind of breaks up the darkness and adds a little colour and again, it really adds to the atmosphere and menace of teh character somehow.

I got charged for the Probe Droids yesterday also. So hopefully it wont be a month before they arrive. Im really glad i bought them now as theyre really ging to add to this piece.

I pretty much stopped going for the exclusives after the Maul preorder as its just cheaper for me to buy them from Forbidden Planet over here. Also the exclusives i do have, whilst nice to own, just arent really essential for me. If theres something i just have to have, I'll buy direct , but as im not really a fan of this new system of them charging me almost a month before i'll recieve the figure, Im going to buy from UK retailers from now on.

All ive ordered since Maul are Boushh and Ventress as ive just not been into the other characters SS have offered, But Maul is certainly a very positive sign of improvement in this range. Hes near perfect. Only a more poseable body could have made this figure any better in my opinion.

Hats off to Sideshow for a really great iconic figure.

Back