Escape off the road plaque

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool_of_a_took!

Super Freak
Reaction score
Good day all,

Have been considering getting one of these for some time now.

Have never seen one is person, and would like to hear comments/opinions from those of you that have/had them.

I am shocked that with 10,000 of these things out there, they're not all over ebay for half of retail.

Must be very nice indeed.

Lets hear from you......

It's a great piece. I still have mine (never sold it, when I cutback last spring). It was sculpted by Virgina Lee (Alan Lee's daughter).

On a scale of 1 - 10 , I'd give it 10. It's THAT good. The likeness to all 4 hobbits is excellent. And, the ringwraith is awesome.

I always wondered if there is truly 10,000 of them out there. :confused:

If you decide to grab one, I am sure you will really like it.

Not to mention it's Peter Jackson's favorite piece in the Sideshow Weta line-up.

AK :)

Good day all,

Have been considering getting one of these for some time now.

Have never seen one is person, and would like to hear comments/opinions from those of you that have/had them.

I am shocked that with 10,000 of these things out there, they're not all over ebay for half of retail.

Must be very nice indeed.

Lets hear from you......

Just because it says there are 10,000 doesn't actually mean they made all 10,000. I would think if they had made 10,000 at least a few would still be left on the weta site. I will say though this is probably one of the most underrated pieces in the whole weta line. For the scale the likenesses to Sam and Frodo are amazing.

Bob

I agree. It is the best plaque and one I made sure had room on the wall. I have never considered selling mine and don't think I ever will.

Thanks for the responses all!

I'm a little confused.

I just went to ebay and searched for Sideshow escape off the road, none came up.
I did an advanced search for Sideshow escape off the road. I checked " Search title and description", and Completed listings only. Not a one came up.
I just went to toytracker site, and see that one sold as recently as 11-21 by our own lcummings!

Any idea on why its not puuling this up at ebay? I have had this setup as a favorite search for some time now, but it never emailed me when the very search term I am searching for is in the description.

Am I missing something?

TIA for the help.

I think the problem you are seeing is that there just aren't many of these showing up on eBay. A few do show every now and then, but the chance of seeing one up for sale on any given day is much less than 50/50. Not many people want to sell it, because it really is that good. I wish the Meeting of Old Friends was as well done (the sculpt on that one is great, but the paint apps are very spotty)

I think the problem you are seeing is that there just aren't many of these showing up on eBay. A few do show every now and then, but the chance of seeing one up for sale on any given day is much less than 50/50. Not many people want to sell it, because it really is that good. I wish the Meeting of Old Friends was as well done (the sculpt on that one is great, but the paint apps are very spotty)

Spotty is a very kind way to put it, its CRAP!! :rotfl

I would agree this is easily the best of the plaque's. It is very well sculpted and surprisingly very heavy. Thankfully SS didn't paint it like they did the last two in the series. They would have looked so much better had SS gone with their original plan to do these in a bronze relief look.

Yeah the Meeting plaque and the Golden Hall both fell in the Weta muted paint days. Like Robo said the thing with the Escape plaque is it is just that good and no one really wants to give it up. I will dig in the warehouse tonight there may still be one hiding in with all Flight From Isengard.

I agree with everyone's opinion here, it's an awesome plaque. Very well designed and an excellent scene from the film. I doubt there were 10,000 of them made. Even being as excellent as it is, I'm sure you'd see more of them pop up if that many were made.

I think it's one of the best plaques out there. I've always wanted one but at first got a bit hesitant because of the initial prices. However, when a company in the UK listed it for 50 % off, I was sold, hehe. You can check some pictures of my piece by clicking here (click on Environments and you'll see pictures (click on the pictures to enlarge).

You tend not to find any of these plaques on Ebay frequently, but some are still sold through internet shops. Do a search maybe in Google? :confused:

Good luck with finding one! I'm sure you won't regret the purchase!! :cool:

I think it's one of the best plaques out there. I've always wanted one but at first got a bit hesitant because of the initial prices. However, when a company in the UK listed it for 50 % off, I was sold, hehe. You can check some pictures of my piece by clicking here (click on Environments and you'll see pictures (click on the pictures to enlarge).

You tend not to find any of these plaques on Ebay frequently, but some are still sold through internet shops. Do a search maybe in Google? :confused:

Good luck with finding one! I'm sure you won't regret the purchase!! :cool:

Wow - Thanks for the link.

Nice collection!

Yeah, you got a good price. Thats what I was hoping to find!

I agree with everyone's opinion here, it's an awesome plaque. Very well designed and an excellent scene from the film. I doubt there were 10,000 of them made. Even being as excellent as it is, I'm sure you'd see more of them pop up if that many were made.

I had no idea that there could be a possibility of NOT making the stated production size. Why would they do that? If they we'rent selling??

9801R_01.jpg

This is hands down one of my favorite pieces from SSW...also one of my very first! What a truely amazing piece of art!

:D This was my very first wall plaque too! I never understood why not more people clambered all over it, as it is just gorgeous.
Got mine from the NewLine Shop more than 2 years ago.
Good luck with finding one.:D

I think it is really a work of art. I was lucky enough to get my from a waitlist -- ages ago unfortunately for those still wanting one.

Good luck in finding one -- it will be worth searching for.

Back