Escape From New York Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he played Clint Eastwood...even tried to sound like him at times...

I don't see what you're talking about...unless you're talking about how MGS stole...ahem...homaged Snake Plissken into Solid Snake..then I suppose it's a reference......?

He definitely was doing Clint, but I think he made it his own and was the only character Russell played that was a homage to Clint.

Bill Pullman has made a career ripping off Eastwood... him and his lazy eye.

He definitely was doing Clint, but I think he made it his own and was the only character Russell played that was a homage to Clint.

Bill Pullman has made a career ripping off Eastwood... him and his lazy eye.

agreed....When he was talking to Cleef I immediately thought about Eastwood and of course TGB&TU

It's weird. Snake Plissken is based on Clint Eastwood. Solid Snake is based on Snake Plissken. Old Snake is based on Lee Van Cleef.

mindblown.gif

They can actually make a better version, at least in terms of plot. But they aren't going to be able to recapture that one aspect of the original film that made it a classic for so many of us - the surprising debut of Russell as an action star.

:goodpost:

Well said & said well.

But, in addition to Russell, we also got:

>Ernest Borgnine
>Issac Hayes
>Donald Pleasence
>Harry Dean Stanton
>Lee Van Cleef
>Ox Baker
>Adrienne Barbeau's bewbs

. . . and the film's entire budget was around $6 million. :thud:

___

Great may be stretching it.

I've always considered Escape From NY one of Carpenter's B flicks. Good premise and a cool character, but in the right hands, a remake/reboot could definitely improve upon it.

But they would have to relocate the prison. At the time New York was full of crime. So a future where the city was just walled up was somewhat plausible.

Can't wait for Escape From New Orleans starring Zack Braff or Efron or one of those.

:exactly:

My favorite scene was when Snake sat Donald Pleasance in that chair and told him why the economy was failing. :lol

But they would have to relocate the prison. At the time New York was full of crime. So a future where the city was just walled up was somewhat plausible.

Yeah, present day New York doesn't have the same "character" as the grimy, seedy NY of the 70's/80's. It would be hard to imagine it being abandoned and turned into a prison.

Escape from Detroit, maybe? :dunno

Yeah, present day New York doesn't have the same "character" as the grimy, seedy NY of the 70's/80's. It would be hard to imagine it being abandoned and turned into a prison.

Escape from Detroit, maybe? :dunno

Escape from Chicago, highest murder rate in the country.

Detroit, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans, Hell why not an Escape from Havanna...Escape from Mexico...LOL...Hell why not a Escape from Moscow and explain the story of How He became a hero once and where he used the Glider( They talked about it in EFNY)

Detroit, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans, Hell why not an Escape from Havanna...Escape from Mexico...LOL...Hell why not a Escape from Moscow and explain the story of How He became a hero once and where he used the Glider( They talked about it in EFNY)

Wasn't that supposed to be World War III? That would be pretty neat, maybe show how he lost the eye.

Wasn't that supposed to be World War III? That would be pretty neat, maybe show how he lost the eye.

yup...you could do alot with Snake...even a great cable TV show...you dont need alot of Special effects just like EFNY...It can be done IMHO

Isaac Hayes was great in that flick...

He was A number one.

Escape%2Bfrom%2BNew%2BYork%2B1.jpg

"Everybody knows the Duke's got him.
You don't have to put a gun to my head! I'll tell ya . . ."

escape-from-new-york-frank-doubleday-isaace-hayes-1.jpg

Hayes LIVETH!

Does anyone think a remake would attempt to work this iconic image (which never appears anywhere in the original) into the actual film?

escape-new-york-header-560x359.jpg

(Planet Of The Apes meets Thundarr The Barbarian
Starring S.D. Plissken Lieutenant, Special Forces unit Black Light.)

The Gullfire's waiting . . .

:snake

Back