Episode II Obi Wan - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they really get announced that far ahead? I know, I know, this'll be my 3rd SDCC since following Sideshow, but I just don't remember when they get previewed, only what ones they are.

Yeah, I think so if memory serves me right. Cause they all have to be ordered and processed for Attendees and Non by the time the Con starts at the end of July. Just looked at my account and it says I ordered Aayla on May 22 of last year. So a little over a month away from that point if they hold to that again so about 4 weeks. However, they'll probably start announcing them fairly quickly if thats the case. Maybe even this week.

Quit it, guys. :\

I wasn't really happy with the horizontal shot, so I futzed with him slightly and achieved a better pose.

3441273897_dec8b85865_b.jpg

Really great shot Monk. I am starting to like this incarnation of OB1 best... these were his rock star days. :rock

Cheers for the kudos, gents. :wave

I should always resist posting anything negative about a figure until I've exhausted all possible poses for it. I'm never satisfied until I can make it look natural, and not like a doll, or with a contrived pose. I think it was FlyAndFight (might've been Robodad) who referred to 12-inch figures as "poseable statues," and that's a philosophy to which I like to adhere when finding the perfect pose. The proper pose gives the figure the life necessary for acceptance to the eye and mind. Without the dedication and tenacity needed to achieve that pose, you're stuck with a collection of unrealized potential, and little more.

... The proper pose gives the figure the life necessary for acceptance to the eye and mind. Without the dedication and tenacity needed to achieve that pose, you're stuck with a collection of unrealized potential, and little more.

In retrospect, it's possible that I take doll collecting a bit too seriously... :lol

WTH is that supposed to mean? I try to discuss something and you act a child just ending the discussion without discussing. Why am I not surprised?

LOL. It meant that we don't agree on anything. But specifically, I find irony in defending the pricing as not being a reason to be in a "funk" about collecting, yet seriously cutting back from collecting because of pricing.

But that logic of you not resenting the prices even in a small way didn't surprise me. So thats why I said, "of course you do".

But also, I just said "of course you do" in the way Simon Cowell says it to Paula Abdul after Paula says she enjoyed the spunk of the worst contestant ever on American Idol. You're our Paula Abdul, Josh.

Last edited:
LOL. It meant that we don't agree on anything. But specifically, I find irony in defending the pricing as not being a reason to be in a "funk" about collecting, yet seriously cutting back from collecting because of pricing.

Thats not true. I don't see it as a reason to be in a funk about collecting but understand it as a reason to cut back. They're not the same in my book.

But that logic of you not resenting the prices even in a small way didn't surprise me. So thats why I said, "of course you do".

I don't resent the prices but I don't care for them going up either. I wish everything was $50 that would be great. However, I accept the fact prices have gone up and will go up more as things get better. It has and will cause me to cut back and may even eventually cause me to stop. Will I be disappointed? Sure, I will. That being said I'll just accept it for what it is as a sign to move on.

But also, I just said "of course you do" in the way Simon Cowell says it to Paula Abdul after Paula says she enjoyed the spunk of the worst contestant ever on American Idol. You're our Paula Abdul, Josh.

Well, I think Simon is a giant jerk off and Paula is a freaking idiot. So I'll take some resentment in being called an idiot basically. I'm no idiot trust me. I may be hard headed, opinionated, an ^^^^^^^, jerk, etc.

You know, SSC really seems to know how to nail Kenobi's likeness, particularly with the ANH and AOTC version. I got mine yesterday and it may be my favorite figure, sculpt and paintwise. The moles are light-colored on mine, but the beard isn't perfect. I may touch that up myself. That's my only complaint, really, and a small one at that.

Great job, SSC!

Trev's a great sculptor, but I truly believe Kenobi, be it Alec Guinness or Ewan McGreggor, is his strongest portrait work, he just captures them not just antomically, but who they are so well in his portraits.

With the spikey hair, I hope Trev or Tim Miller gets that portrait to do, they've both shown great skill at fine hair work which such a do requires.

You know, SSC really seems to know how to nail Kenobi's likeness, particularly with the ANH and AOTC version. I got mine yesterday and it may be my favorite figure, sculpt and paintwise. The moles are light-colored on mine, but the beard isn't perfect. I may touch that up myself. That's my only complaint, really, and a small one at that.

Great job, SSC!

Yes, Trevor Grove has let us enjoy some excellent artistry over the past two years.

Back