Episode II Obi Wan - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the image with the normal figure and clone Obi, i'd even say the paint on the Normal figure's head looks better!

Thanks puay.

I feel paint work for Clone Obi is more refined (which I now agree with MaulFan), if there is any reason that I would prefer Episode II Obi, its the paint work for this figure which is closer to the rest in the line. I know this might not go well with many collectors here.:eek:

It probably was two different factories.

I guess I'll put my Clonobi head to good use. Hope I can get it to work with the PRO body and add some height to it. :lol

The paint work looks fine to me. Don't see any kind of a real difference between the two other than the hair color seems lighter on the Ep2 version.

It probably was two different factories.

I believe so too. The "In association with HotToys" sticker on the box really played a big role.:D

Who knows, that could have came out from the HotToys factory.:cool:

Last edited:
The Ep II Obi looks like the skin tone is completely painted, like all of the figures on a buck that preceded it. From the pictures he doesn't look bad, just different.

The Ep II Obi looks like the skin tone is completely painted, like all of the figures on a buck that preceded it. From the pictures he doesn't look bad, just different.

I totally agree. Sometimes I felt Clone Obi being the odd one out with the difference in paint work.

The paint work looks fine to me. Don't see any kind of a real difference between the two other than the hair color seems lighter on the Ep2 version.

The quality of the images couldn't show. There is quite an obvious difference. The surface of Clone Obi Wan's head sculpt has a certain glossy texture which is lacking with the Episode II version.

You are right about the lighter hair colour.

Last edited:
The shiny nature won't bother me as long as the painted texture looks nice. I was pretty ok with how the other buck SW figures came out.

Maybe I got a different cloneobi than everyone else, because I don't think mine looks like HT method paint at all (like the Hobbits).

I think what was (mostly) meant by saying that was the Clonobi head was cast in flesh colored resin rather than the typical SS job of painting the flesh colors on.

Yeah. I think I must have got another one, because my Obiclonobi looks like it had paint caked all over it (thats not a complaint really). But it sure as heck doesn't look like my Hobbits, for example (don't own many HT items).

If anything, I think ANH Obi-Wan and Palpatine look closer to the Hobbit style.

Defintely can't see why forbiddenplanet.co.uk won;t be shipping him soon then.

I've heard stories of long waits, but I'm hoping there won't be one for him.

Back