Episode II Obi Wan - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding is this figure was first and clone second.

Trev's got pictures out there of the original sculpt with the neck, so they subracted to get Clonobi, and since this is a Buck figure, odds are it was in development first.

I'm eager to get my clothes upgraded for my figure.

It's been overseas, probably drop-shipped from the factory, but it hasn't been "out" there for a couple of months.

Yes it has. SSC offered overseas dealers a chance to have it early, they told me that in an email response long ago when shops were listing it in stock oversears around Christmas time, I forget the reason for it, but they did offer some of their overseas distributors to take early delivery.

probably because the EU customers complain about always getting things shipped last. that's fair to me...i just freaked out thinking my order got missed or something.

Yes it has. SSC offered overseas dealers a chance to have it early, they told me that in an email response long ago when shops were listing it in stock oversears around Christmas time, I forget the reason for it, but they did offer some of their overseas distributors to take early delivery.

To take early delivery. I remember you posting that email. I also remember a board member stating that it was for sale and being unable to produce any "in hand" pics. Myself and EvilFace, mainly myself, took the brunt of it for calling shenanigans. In the end, he never produced the goods. Anyways, it was later explained, again by Sideshow via email to you, that the reason they had Obi Wan shipped to retailers before the holidays was to avoid the Christmas jam. Taking delivery of an item early to avoid the holiday mail surge and holding it until it's release date is not "it's been out for months overseas." :rolleyes: If he had been, you would've been one of the first to start a photo thread with pics from the Asian forums, further proving my point.

Awesome. He looks good to me. Thanks for posting.

He looks great! Thanks for sharing Puay! :D

P.S. If you haven't already, you should pick up an extra Buck and let poor Ki reach his natural height. You'll have a great body to use for Jedi Luke to fix his monkey arms!

You are most welcome guys. Been busy today, I will post more images as soon as I can.:D

I am planning to swap a boby for Ki, the original body does in deed look short.

Nice. When did you get the figure? I still have my in order from scc. Can wait to get it.

I collected the figure from my local retailer a week ago. Seems like retailers in South-east Asia are among the first to receive Episode II Obi. Thinking about it, it was pretty much the case with Episode III Obi. Back then I got my figure about a month before images from other part of the world surfaces.

:)
Jaust hed an e from Forbidden Planet.com, Obi's in stock and on his way to me :)
Pics in 10 days or so...

Cheers,
Doug

This is just plain weird. Even the UK got him first? I am sure scratching my head now.

puay, any chance for some pics of the box art? :)

Just got back from work. Here are a few more images. I am seriously considering borrowing a better camera from my buddy. This is the best I can do with the photo shots, I am rather unsatisfied with the result.

Last edited:
On the image with the normal figure and clone Obi, i'd even say the paint on the Normal figure's head looks better!

Thanks puay.

Back