1/6 Epic Models 1/6 Snowspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure you have seen this already but here is a cool picture showing the scale and detail of the interior. Pretty cool.

snowspeeder_cockpit.jpg

This looks amazing. Probably the most practical vehicle in the OT to make in 1/6 scale other than the speeder bike.
Landspeeder would be in this size range too. Maybe a lil longer but a tad narrower.

This could turn in to a truly epic line of ship collectibles. I seriously hope this gets made.

Landspeeder would be in this size range too. Maybe a lil longer but a tad narrower.

Much smaller actually - smaller than the Tumbler. There are 1/6 photos in the (really old) Landspeeder thread.

Those interior details are the difference between a $250 model and a $1000 finished product. :)

Much smaller actually - smaller than the Tumbler. There are 1/6 photos in the (really old) Landspeeder thread.

Those interior details are the difference between a $250 model and a $1000 finished product. :)
Nope if correct it will be larger than tumbler not by a lot but no way smaller. The front will will be narrower but once you get to the back it will be wider.

Nope if correct it will be larger than tumbler not by a lot but no way smaller. The front will will be narrower but once you get to the back it will be wider.

You are sadly mistaken. ;) At 3.4 meters for the 1:1, it would be only 22" long, where the Tumbler is a whopping 29" long - if you don't believe published specs for this one, trust me, I just measured mine.

I'm working out the width right now... Damn, the effort I make for you guys.

Ok, done. Based on a scale drawing - which I'll include below, the width would be 13" - again considerably smaller than the Tumbler's 18.5 - incidentally it would also be a lot less tall (thick if you will).

landspeeder.jpg

I COULD have played the trump card here instead of doing all this investigative work. Dave (he who runs the world (aka this forum)) already stated in the Landspeeder thread that it was much smaller than the tumbler. Not that it's needed, but now everyone also has the numbers. ;)

Last edited:
Well either that starting point of length is wrong or the 1/24 model is way off.

Well either that starting point of length is wrong or the 1/24 model is way off.

A 1/14 model I found confirms the size... Just saying. ;) Plus if you visit the thread I mentioned, you can see photos of a 1/6 prop with a Ken doll and 6 Million Dollar man in it (as Obi-Wan).

This looks great, real impressive work. The size would probably keep me from getting this but I hope it gets made.

And a 1/6th landspeeder would ruin me...I would have to get r2-d2, c3po, Luke and ben to go with my coming sandtroopers and recreate the "move along" scene.

Exactly. SSC is making the speederbike so Luke's landspeeder would work. From PT there would be more vehicles that could be made in 1/6.

PT. What is this PT you speak of? No such thing exists, does it?

I think a 1/6 Skiff would also be a lot easier to produce than a landspeeder and most ships

Back