1/6 Epic Models 1/6 Snowspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe its just the angle, but it looks small for a true 1/6th. It should be close to three feet, maybe thats why they put "hero scale." Still looks cool though.

It would be big, but the old Kenner snowspeeder was actually OVERsized. These give some idea of size relative to figures:

kg_expo_snowspeeder_orange-001.jpg

Not sure if this is accurate:

Snowspeedersize0.jpg~original

Yeah 1/6 snowspeeder is only like 3 feet long and about that wide. That's why it's one of the few that made sense in 1/6.

I have absolutely no skill to put this together. Hopefully they will offer them fully assembled and painted down the road. The MR version will do til then : )

this really nice, has there been a price listed as yet ? and where you would order one from ?

This would be a fun kit to build and paint. Depending on price I would love it!

I suspect a lot of us would have the same problem, though: where would I put this monster? Too many great collectibles, too little room.

Hi, thanks for the feedbacks and questions.

I am planning to do the cockpit of course.

To have the snowspeeder as it is for the show I had to leave the cockpit empty.
There is less photos references for the cockpit interior so I may have to do a mix of the model photos I have and the 1:1 scale cockpit.

The flaps in the back will open too.

I would like to have an option to mount the ship on a wall like a tv...I am currently using a Ram mount with monitor adapter.

Price range...i need to finish the prototype first and have some talks with companies that own the license.
I will take more time to answer other questions after the show is over.

Yes it is a prototype in work in progress
so don't over analyze it ;)

And I am not the one who did the Tie Fighter.

Cheers

Julien Lefebvre.
Epic Models Collectibles
www.epic-models.com

There is less photos references for the cockpit interior so I may have to do a mix of the model photos I have and the 1:1 scale cockpit.

I would like to have an option to mount the ship on a wall like a tv...I am currently using a Ram mount with monitor adapter.

Price range...i need to finish the prototype first and have some talks with companies that own the license.

Cheers

Julien Lefebvre.
Epic Models Collectibles
www.epic-models.com

OMG Your Prototype looks Awesome! Can't wait. If it is a kit I'm all in.

Last edited:
So pretty much the size of the 1/6 Tumbler.
More like two tumblers side by side. I would say width of Speeder would be about the same as length of tumbler but length of speeder would be about two tumblers wide.

This is an interesting option. It would obviously be quite a bit cheaper than a "finished" HT snowspeeder and just as detailed (maybe more so on finer detail) - but only for those who can actually build it. Lights aren't really that necessary for this unlike Falcon cockpit or Delorean and it's not a hugely complicated paint scheme and doesn't have lots of delicate/complex part assembly, probably do-able for a mid-level modeller.

And the actual body of this is probably closer to 2 1/2 feet in length, so it's big but not massive, definitely within the range of larger SSC 1/6 or 1/4 pieces.

I suspect a lot of us would have the same problem, though: where would I put this monster? Too many great collectibles, too little room.

Mount it to the wall or ceiling (hanging on an angle so you can still see into the cockpit).

Imagine my surprise to find this thread via a Google image search for 1/6 landspeeder. I see the image and the link to SSF, so I'm immediately thinking it's an old post for a project that was never completed. Imagine my surprise when I click and see the images are from this year's SDCC. Woo! Now the only troubling thing is that apparently Julien still doesn't have licensing worked out - that could kibosh the whole thing.

Cheers

Julien Lefebvre.
Epic Models Collectibles
www.epic-models.com

It looks great. What are the dimensions?

I will give you more details about the size tomorrow or tuesday and maybe do a size comparaison with the tumbler.
Need to drive back home from the convention, unpack and maybe recover from that epic convention.

I will give you guys more details about the size tomorrow or tuesday and maybe do a size comparaison with the tumbler.
Need to drive back home from the convention, unpack and maybe recover from that epic convention.

I have the MR snow speeder and it is about 16" by 12". That scale is a tweener I think of 1/9th maybe? The size should be somewhere under 3 feet by 2 feet wide. The cannons stick out a few inches which will make the length longer but main body should be around 30" or less I think.

Back