1/6 Epic Models 1/6 Snowspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally, i would rather have a figure posed outside of the speeder... perhaps leaning up against it...

as blown away i am with something like Hot Toys Falcon offering, having the figures posed in the cockpit looks toyish... however, Han posed at the door to the cockpit has a more interesting vibe.

It would be big, but the old Kenner snowspeeder was actually OVERsized. These give some idea of size relative to figures:

kg_expo_snowspeeder_orange-001.jpg

Not sure if this is accurate:

Snowspeedersize0.jpg~original

That member speeder is really nice for a toy released ship. I thought about getting it, but do not want to start 1/12 toy collecting again.

Attachments

• IMG_6660.jpg
    IMG_6660.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 379
  • 20150709_170346.jpg
    20150709_170346.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 20150709_170635.jpg
    20150709_170635.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_6658.jpg
    IMG_6658.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_6656.jpg
    IMG_6656.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_6655.jpg
    IMG_6655.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_6654.jpg
    IMG_6654.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_6653.jpg
    IMG_6653.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_6650.jpg
    IMG_6650.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_6648.jpg
    IMG_6648.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_6646.jpg
    IMG_6646.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_6644.jpg
    IMG_6644.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_6659.jpg
    IMG_6659.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_6661.jpg
    IMG_6661.jpg
    938.1 KB · Views: 376
Very impressive details and all around design. So how close is this to being a production piece assuming you get approval to do so?
and do you have anymore ships planned? I could see this snowspeeder, an a-wing, a landspeeder and maybe a few more vehicles feasible size wise.

Yeah, super impressive. Would love a 1/6 landspeeder and a-wing from these guys. Would never happen - and probably a bit too big overall - but I'd love a 1/6 Twin Pod cloud car too.

Sideshow should talk them and produce a Luke and Dak snowspeeder pilots figures to go with this. Follow it up with an a-wing and SSC Mon Cal cut-scene pilot.

It is super cool and with clear canopy windows and interior it will look awesome. I hate to be a bummer but LFL does not hand out licenses to everyone with good product just for a cut of the money. They have exclusive deals with main manufactures (i.e. Hasbro for toys, not sure who has the "model" category) but some of these bigger guys would rather see something not made even if they have no intention of making one themselves than see a portion of their potential SW merch pie taken by a smaller guy.

I don't think that with Disney behind the reigns this will change much. They are big on cease and desist orders and what not as well, but in this case because of its unfinished model status and not current run size or concrete plans this hopefully will be fine.

I hope/wish for the opposite though!

It is super cool and with clear canopy windows and interior it will look awesome. I hate to be a bummer but LFL does not hand out licenses to everyone with good product just for a cut of the money. They have exclusive deals with main manufactures (i.e. Hasbro for toys, not sure who has the "model" category) but some of these bigger guys would rather see something not made even if they have no intention of making one themselves than see a portion of their potential SW merch pie taken by a smaller guy.

I don't think that with Disney behind the reigns this will change much. They are big on cease and desist orders and what not as well, but in this case because of its unfinished model status and not current run size or concrete plans this hopefully will be fine.

I hope/wish for the opposite though!
Those companies pay huge amounts of money for exclusive contracts. They wouldn't pay close to half of that if they knew they would let anyone who had a good looking product make something. So you really think all these lil guys can make yo the difference of what the exclusive contract is worth and what a non exclusive contact is. Here is an idea what kind of money we are talking here
Hasbro Extends Disney Pact for Marvel, Star Wars Toys and Games | Variety

Those companies pay huge amounts of money for exclusive contracts. They wouldn't pay close to half of that if they knew they would let anyone who had a good looking product make something. So you really think all these lil guys can make yo the difference of what the exclusive contract is worth and what a non exclusive contact is. Here is an idea what kind of money we are talking here
Hasbro Extends Disney Pact for Marvel, Star Wars Toys and Games | Variety

Exactly... and then you click that link and it is a transformable Darth Vader at the top of the article. F-that abomination. Anyways.. 1/4 of a billion bucks so they can dominate the lower end collectible world but it does flow over on to our slice of the pie.

I went to the Hasbro panel at SDCC just for fun and the girl who voices Asoka was there. They were also the only collectible manufacturer in this part of the world authorized to show toys from TFA (had new Storm Trooper, New Tie and pilot only).

more photos and higher quality of the 1/6 scale Snowspeeder
This looks fantastic. If you have trouble getting it licensed, you may want to contact a company that already has a license for SW product. If Hasbro, Hot Toys, Sideshow has the 1/6 license on figures & vehicles (in any finished form) you might want to contact a company like DeAgostini (or other model companies) and see about releasing it in subscription form. Hopefully it would be a little less painful on the wallet like the Millennium Falcon that they are doing this way. Anyway...just an idea if you hit a snag in licensing.

Beautiful work, Julian. Hope you're able to get it licensed and produced. Awesome ship and would look fantastic on display.

Here is few photos as requested

1st photo group is about the size compare to the Hot Toys Tumbler.

The Snowspeeder is :

29"1/4 hull width
28" 1/4 hull length (not measuring the canon just the wing) since I am missing the details in the back that should be a little longer.

2nd group is 2 Sideshow tusken raider hijacking the snowspeeder...never leave unattended your snowspeeder even on Hoth...tusken raider are everywhere...
(due to no seat the position and angle of the characters are just an estimation).

Attachments

• IMG_6676.jpg
    IMG_6676.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_6680.jpg
    IMG_6680.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_6677.jpg
    IMG_6677.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_6703.jpg
    IMG_6703.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_6706.jpg
    IMG_6706.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_6705.jpg
    IMG_6705.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 285
This is amazing. I will definately be a customer if you can get this licensed and bring it to market. I really hope the details are maintained. That is truly the difference between what you are showing and the "studio scale" stuff that has been produced before. Personally, I have never liked the studio scale things as much as I have hoped someone would do justice in a larger scale to the design of these ships. It looks like you are doing just that! Please- can you confirm the status of getting it licensed and whether the details will be maintained in the production piece? Also- is this a kit?

Wait?!? What the?!? Those are sandpeople! They were never in a snow speeder in the movies?!? THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!!!

That's a sandspeeder. You should see what the ewoks have in their garage.

Here is few photos as requested

1st photo group is about the size compare to the Hot Toys Tumbler.

The Snowspeeder is :

29"1/4 hull width
28" 1/4 hull length (not measuring the canon just the wing) since I am missing the details in the back that should be a little longer.

2nd group is 2 Sideshow tusken raider hijacking the snowspeeder...never leave unattended your snowspeeder even on Hoth...tusken raider are everywhere...
(due to no seat the position and angle of the characters are just an estimation).

The first pic there appears to have 1' by 1' tiles as backdrop so you can get a pretty good idea of scale to a figure. Interesting that it's about the same length as the Tumbler (why they didn't call that thing "the bathummer" I have no idea.)

The first pic there appears to have 1' by 1

In my experience 13x13" and 11x11" tiles are just as common so be careful. ;) They may even be 14x14" - Not that it matters, just think of the speeder as 30x30" to be safe.

Last edited:
Damn, that's awesome. Didn't realize how it would dwarf a tumbler :lol

Great piece and hope it gets made, but pretty sure I'd be out just on the size :lol

Can someone repost the most recent pictures he posted? All I can see is the "attached images" text...

All I can say is Wow! I was hoping HT would do this, but yours is looking up to par with their quality.

I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread to see how it develops!

Back