Eowyn as Dernhelm question.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krypto

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing this statue, but I can't seem to find the size specifications anywhere. Would anyone who owns it or knows the specs please let me know how big this particular piece is? Thank you in advance. :)

You mean the SSW statue (I don't know of any others, but I just wanted to be sure :))?

The statue isn't very tall, only about 9 inches, since Eowyn is in a sort of half-crouch, but it does require a little bit of shelf space, to accommodate her sword and scabbard, both of which stick straight out to the sides. You will need to allow at least 12 inches for width and depth.

Not at home right now, but the above sounds about right. At a guess I'd say the main base is around the size of the Gandlaf the Grey base, but like RoboDad says, the swords and scabbard do stick out a bit in opposite directions, but you can usually move her around bit with other statues to get it all to fit, so compared to many others, she isn't all that big.

It is a rather nice statue tho, so if you can get her cheap, I sure would.

DSC03823.jpg

Thanks for the pic, malice! It looks very nice. And 12 inches in width and depth was about what I expected, so it'll fit on one of my shelves just fine. Thanks for the information guys. :)

You do know that you're going to have to pick up the Morgul Lord now as well, right?... ;)

Those two pieces were made to be displayed against each other.

Saruman and Grima are another must-have pairing.

You do know that you're going to have to pick up the Morgul Lord now as well, right?... ;)

Those two pieces were made to be displayed against each other.

Saruman and Grima are another must-have pairing.

The Morgul Lord is a bit expensive ($300+) for me right now. I've seen pics from various collections of them displayed together and I certainly won't disagree that they look great together. :)

I've never been big on this statue. IMO the likeness is terrible and I'm not thrilled by the paint-up either. This is my idea of what Eowyn should look like :

"]
eowynfinal1webmf5.jpg
eowynfinal2webqp8.jpg
eowynfinal6webch5.jpg

eowynfinalsizecomptj6.jpg

The statue arrived today! I must say I think it looks quite excellent, much better than the online pictures would lead you to believe. This is actually my first Sideshow statue. I have several 12" figures, but this is the first statue. I look forward to a few more in the future. :)

Congrats on your acquisition, Krypto! I think this is a fine polystone statue and paired with the Morgul Lord makes a fantastic display! I have both of these pieces on top of the tv cabinet in my living room, and they look so great together!

Keep your eye out for the ML, you get to make your own diorama! :joy

Woodsy

You might've said, and if you did I missed it, but where did that Eowyn statue come from? That's exactly what I would've expected for Eowyn but I guess it was too much like the Arwen statue....

Cheers

Andy

Thanks guru - just registering then I'll send a PM but as you say it looks like I might've missed out - we shall see....

I thought the same thing though it looks like I will be getting one in the next few weeks. If you get your name on the list you will eventually get one.

Love Aran's White Lady of the Mark, but the SSW Dernhelm is pretty decent too. Likeness is pretty good, at least mine is :p

Back