Entirely New LOTR Collectible Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Newsletter said:
Lord of the Rings will continue to be an important part of the Sideshow product offerings, with an entirely new LOTR collectible format debuting soon.

From their wrap up of 2006, looks like they addressing some of the concerns that have been posted about LOTR going the way of the Highlander but what could this entirely new format be? They have 12", 1/4th, Legendary Scale...Could it be maquettes? Vs. Dioramas? Hopefully its not Bobbleheads....:cool:

Last edited:
I would like them to produce a piece based on Sam carrying Frodo up the slopes of Mt. Doom. That was one of the big emotional moments of the trilogy and summed up their relationship so well. While I would prefer this in 1/4 scale in the PF line, maybe they could give it to us in a smaller scale in the new diorama line. (If that's what it is.)

Also, several of us had high hopes for a sculpture depicting the four hobbits at the Grey Havens as a special piece to end the SS/W line. That obviously never happened, but a diorama line could give us that as well.

If they could manage the entire fellowship on the hill, I can't imagine there being too many LOTR fans who wouldn't buy that.

And if they could get into VS. territory, we could see Strider VS. the Ringwraiths at Weathertop, or even Gandalf VS. the Balrog.

A diorama line could give us some pretty fantastic releases...

Khev said:
LOTR Bust-O-Ramas! Or "leg-o-less" dioramas. Sorry that was bad....

doh.jpg

Word is.....and don't tell anyone I told you this......is that it's going to be more 1/6 scale polystone statues......but based on the EA computer games 'The Battle For Middle Earth'.

Sideshow are said to be big fans, and if they do do this, I will be elated. We could have:

Eomer on steed
Mouth of Sauron on steed
Faramir
Treebeard
Fountain Guard
Glorfindel
Gloin
King Dain
Arwen on steed
TOM BOMBADIL!!!

Basically, any character you could want except Elendil, Isildur, Gil Galad and Denethor, who do not appear in any of the three games.

FrodoEyes said:
Word is.....and don't tell anyone I told you this......is that it's going to be more 1/6 scale polystone statues......but based on the EA computer games 'The Battle For Middle Earth'.

Sideshow are said to be big fans, and if they do do this, I will be elated. We could have:

Eomer on steed
Mouth of Sauron on steed
Faramir
Treebeard
Fountain Guard
Glorfindel
Gloin
King Dain
Arwen on steed
TOM BOMBADIL!!!

Basically, any character you could want except Elendil, Isildur, Gil Galad and Denethor, who do not appear in any of the three games.

I've heard this too. I don't know anything about the game. Never played it, nor do I know what it looks it. But if this means capturing some of the characters in poly (specifically statues) that weren't made during the SS/W days, then I'm all for it.

I agree though that this new line may slow down 12" production, as well as the PF pieces.

I've heard both BATTLE OF MIDDLE EARTH and dioramas and I'm seriously championing dioramas! In a Spooktacular chat, it was mentioned that Dioramas were a future possibility and there was no news of BFME at that time. I'm running with it!

What I would love to see is a Diorama of THE GATES OF MORIA with 1/6 Gandalf, Frodo, and say, how about a Felloship Pippin standing in front of the Doors of Durin (an iconic image from the book that has never been done as a film collectible).

If they can do all the Jabba stuff for SW, they can do this!
One could put Sam & Bill right next to it!

The BFME sounds great too, an Expanded Middle Earth, if you will. BUT I WANT MY DIORAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have always wanted a statue of Frodo and Gandalf when Gandalf first arrives in Hobbiton with his horse and cart.

The press release said that the WOW license involves polystone statues and dioramas. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine them doing the same with a LOTR game. And since they haven't done dioramas before, it qualifies as a new type of LOTR product.

You know, if it IS a bobblehead line, at least we could get the entire Fellowship in their matching classic costumes without waiting too long or spending too much money:

cud29091.jpg

FrodoEyes said:

Likewise, I would LOVE to see some "gaps" from the Weta days filled in a *consistent* manner. It's probably too much to hope for matching baseplates, but that would be ideal to me.

A question -- would an "EA" based line follow the film actor likenesses for characters appearing in both? Not familiar much with the game, but I seem to remember some game cut shots featuring actual film footage making the rounds back in the day. So maybe the answer is yes? I hope so. :D

I too remember something about BFME being the new line, I think it was announced at TORC? :confused:

Dioramas could be nice, I'm game! :monkey5

I'd get a few pieces from BFME games and I'd sure get a few diorama pieces. Gandalf vs Balrog anybody? :chew

Back