Entirely New LOTR Collectible Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAhobbit said:
*cough*announced at Comic-Con 2006*cough*

...................................................and??

I know it was announced, I just forgot where. The announcement was the 'word' i was referring to.

1/6 polystone statues based on the LOTR games from Electronic Arts, such as Battle for Middle Earth II, would yield all of those statues that we didn't get from the first round in the days of Weta. :D We could get our Eomer on Firefoot, our Faramir, etc., etc.

spaceman said:
A question -- would an "EA" based line follow the film actor likenesses for characters appearing in both? Not familiar much with the game, but I seem to remember some game cut shots featuring actual film footage making the rounds back in the day. So maybe the answer is yes? I hope so. :D

I'll try again ;)

spaceman said:
I'll try again ;)

I'd think they'd go as close as possible to the look of the film. I can't see them making any 'cartoony' statues. I think they'll want to make them fit in with the SSW line as much as possible, seeing as they know how many people want to see the line back, but I'm sure they'll have their own stamp of individuality, such as a different base, just so you're sure it's a Sideshow product and not SSW!
And yes there is film footage in the games! But not much.

FrodoEyes said:
I'd think they'd go as close as possible to the look of the film. I can't see them making any 'cartoony' statues. I think they'll want to make them fit in with the SSW line as much as possible, seeing as they know how many people want to see the line back, but I'm sure they'll have their own stamp of individuality, such as a different base, just so you're sure it's a Sideshow product and not SSW!
And yes there is film footage in the games! But not much.

THX. The confirmation of film footage probably indicates that they have or would secure actor likeness rights. Makes sense to me anyway. :D

I'm sure you're right about the bases. It could be similar to GG's StarWars dioramas vs statues though - the dioramas really have a scenic base, and don't conflict with the black styled bases, as they go for a different effect.

If the dioramas feature some of the most powerful scenes in the movies then this could be the premier line for LOTR. The 12" and PF figures are coming out too slow and people seem to have mixed feelings for all except Lurtz.

SolidLiquidFox said:
If the dioramas feature some of the most powerful scenes in the movies then this could be the premier line for LOTR. The 12" and PF figures are coming out too slow and people seem to have mixed feelings for all except Lurtz.

:rock :rock :rock

I dropped the 12 inch line, and we most likley drop the PF line with new line coming.

when are they supposed to announce the new line? toyfair?

Back