Entirely New LOTR Collectible Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why I bother to read the newsletter. I totally missed that announcement. You think I would learn to be more observant by now? :rolleyes: :eek:

This news is both exciting and sad. It was easy when there was only Sideshow Weta to deal with. Now there's so many lines I'm going to have to try and be disciplined and not order everything. At least I got off on the right foot and have still resisted the Legendary Bust line.

tomandshell said:
You know, if it IS a bobblehead line, at least we could get the entire Fellowship in their matching classic costumes without waiting too long or spending too much money:

cud29091.jpg

But we'll STILL get Pippin in Gondorian armor instead... :monkey3

FrodoEyes said:
Word is.....and don't tell anyone I told you this......is that it's going to be more 1/6 scale polystone statues......but based on the EA computer games 'The Battle For Middle Earth'.

Sideshow are said to be big fans, and if they do do this, I will be elated. We could have:

Eomer on steed
Mouth of Sauron on steed
Faramir
Treebeard
Fountain Guard
Glorfindel
Gloin
King Dain
Arwen on steed
TOM BOMBADIL!!!

Basically, any character you could want except Elendil, Isildur, Gil Galad and Denethor, who do not appear in any of the three games.

*cough*announced at Comic-Con 2006*cough*

I'll be interested to see what the EA game line will bring to the LOTR collectable table.

It's NOT a continuation of the 1/6 statue line. Don't know where that rumor got started. It's a whole new format for LOTR says the article.

Dioramas would be interesting...weathertop would be great and my fav of the line (if it is dios...). My only beef is that this, like people said before, might slow down the 1/6th line.

I think they got several of the 1/6th ready to go and this line might be only a piece here and there type thing.

Don't know what it is, but I would much rather have Aragorn vs Nazgul on weathertop than gandalf vs balrog....

I wish they are not more bobble heads thats not an original idea, since they already exist to different trademarks that produce LOTR bobble heads, lets see what they make.

I'm not supposed to reveal this, but if I can't thrust you guys, who can I.
Last night a turkey jumped out of my sandwich and sang to me about the upcoming 1/3 scale LotR Thanksgiving Parade balloons line.

Seriously why are we even bothering? You just féél it's gonna be bobbleheads again.

Wor-Gar said:
Something else to slow the 12" line. Bah hum-bug.
which is why i cancelled all my pre-orders. sorry, but at this rate i'll be 40 before they get the fellowship completed. im gonna stick with the PF and select 12" figures from LOTR. after aragon my faith in the 12" dropped a little...i will probably pick up the fellowship later but only after they complete it.

Back