Enterbay x Medicom Ultimate Unison ANH 1/6 Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my UU Luke today from BBTS. It's clearanced to a price I was comfortable with, so I bit. As has been repeated, retail price is a joke. Heck, I'm sure a lot of people think the clearance price is still a joke.

I have no problem with the likeness itself. I bought a Luke Skywalker figure, not a Mark Hamill figure. It's every bit Luke as the vintage 12", comic book renditions, Pez head, etc...So far, no one has asked me why Jody Foster had weird boys clothes on. They all correctly guessed who it was straight outta the box.

That said, I'm a tinkerer. I want MY ultimate Luke. SS didn't quite do it, Enterbay didn't quite do it. Hot Toys will NOT do it. They are making figures SS f'd up, and ANH Luke wasn't bad at all. Short of the shirt material, body, and paint..SS is a solid figure.

In my opinion, Enterbay did the shirt justice. It's a better material and it's a better color. It may be a tad long, but I'll see as I progress. The pants, boots, and belt....SS gets the nod easily.

The body can come or go. I like TT's better. It definitely is better than the SS one. I have actually decided to keep him as ANH Luke, he's just sporting an X-Wing outfit now.

The lightsaber is really cool. Will I turn it on that much? Not likely, but I can if I want.

At the end of the day, I'm happy with the purchase, but I pretty much buy everything nowadays knowing I'll tweak something. May repaint the hair, we'll see.

I bagged on this figure in the beginning too (not people who wanted it), but it's my favorite version/outfit and I admit I warmed up to it.

For my ultimate Farmboy Luke, I have a REAL expensive white shirt and gimmicky saber, but I'm cool with it. Clearance price was decent, and if I get $10-$15 bucks back selling what I don't need, it'll be better still. I'll post a pic or two of UU X-Wing Pilot Luke in a few minutes.

Here's how he looks as a pilot. Still needs a little futzing

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Here's a comparison of the shirts and belts. I like the UU one best with the SS belt.

IMG_1909.jpg

The irony has not escaped me that I just spent alot on a figure just to Frankenstein it and change it around, but as a certain smuggler would say "Hey, it's me"

Kit-bashing and customizing are half the fun of this hobby, if not more, and if you've got the passion for the character and the money to invest in it, it's all fine and dandy.

I wished I had taken the one I saw priced at $80 MIB when I had the chance. It would've been cool kitbashing Enterbay Luke with the Sideshow counterparts I have.

Here's how he looks as a pilot. Still needs a little futzing

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Here's a comparison of the shirts and belts. I like the UU one best with the SS belt.

IMG_1909.jpg

The irony has not escaped me that I just spent alot on a figure just to Frankenstein it and change it around, but as a certain smuggler would say "Hey, it's me"

Nice pilot custom. What helmet is that?

Thanks. It's the SS Luke stormtrooper with a few mods and a cast head of UU Luke.

I took out one of the midsections of the body and shortened the legs at the ankles to get the body the right size. Then took the straps off the shoulders on the chest and back armor and reglued them raising the chest and back closer to the neck. Then I heated them up and bent them slightly in so try would hug the body more. Turned out pretty good I think.

The head I actually molded and cast for my own customs. I painted this one and it turned out ok. Just trimmed the neck off and hollowed it out to fit on the ball joint on the neck.

I've been wanting to put a "face" to my Stormtroopers. Which heads are the best to use? HT? Sideshow?
Other than drilling a larger hole to accommodate the larger ball joint, is there anything else needed?

I've been wanting to put a "face" to my Stormtroopers. Which heads are the best to use? HT? Sideshow?
Other than drilling a larger hole to accommodate the larger ball joint, is there anything else needed?

Hot Toys are probably the best. They can fit easily on the ball joint of the SS Stormtroopers with little to no modifications. Plus they are small enough that if you wanted to hollow out the helmet it might fit inside. Sideshow heads are way too big to fit in any helmet. Medicom are the easiest but are a little on the small side.

I used Marmit helmets cause they are already empty and more accurate. Just a little trimming off the rim and it fits great over most dragon, Hot Toys, or medicom heads.

Awesome, thanks.
I have a few of the long-haired dude heads lying around from when I bought TT's, so I'll have a go to see how they fit.

I just won my second one on eBay for $120.00 shipped. Not bad. Ill have my ANH and ceremonial too.
hetabyty.jpg

Last edited:
That's quite a good price. I'd love to get one for that. I don't suppose you have plans for your extra anh luke tunic and lightsaber now that you have two ? I'd love to upgrade my Sideshow Luke. :)

That's quite a good price. I'd love to get one for that. I don't suppose you have plans for your extra anh luke tunic and lightsaber now that you have two ? I'd love to upgrade my Sideshow Luke. :)

I don't need any of the outfits from either but the sabers I'm keeping. I'm using the SS outfit. I think the tunic looks better cause its a bit bigger and baggier.

Back