Enterbay x Medicom Ultimate Unison ANH 1/6 Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pricing will be what could really kill this figure, i like the sculpt & paint but it just isn't screaming "Hamill" to me yet, if they can dish out a Enterbay Jack Bauer quality sculpt & keep the price close to Bauer's (around £150) it wouldn't be that bad, Sideshow are knocking on for that kind of money & the overall quality isn't even close.

I agree. :lecture

looks like a 12/24 preorder or release? Also... medi's figures tend to decline in quality from proto to release... . Rubber boots, when the sideshow one managed cloth?

part of what's killing the sculpt is the INTENSE look on his face.. I can't recall any point where he wore a look like that in that costume, Except for right after Ben dies.. he was mostly, Wide-eyed and nieve

it's a nice attempt... But from enterbay, this is really bad.

also, it seems OSW found the reference photo.

tumblr_kt7yqsm7hE1qaqsg2o1_400.jpg

part of what's killing the sculpt is the INTENSE look on his face.. I can't recall any point where he wore a look like that in that costume, Except for right after Ben dies.. he was mostly, Wide-eyed and nieve

it's a nice attempt... But from enterbay, this is really bad.
:exactly:
It's as if the sculptor hasn't seen SW for several years and projected his own idea of the main protagonist(in this case, INTENSE!) onto the sculpt.

one thing more, this is not the first ulitmate union figure from Medi-bay..

and all the others have been in the 300$ price range.

You're talking out of your ass, sure the paint ain't that great but the Luke sculpt is perfect. Pffft. :cuckoo:

The best face sculpt of Luke is the Jedi Luke by Matt Falls. The A New Hope by Sideshow is a little long and the interpupilary distance is off. Also the nose is too narrow. I think the detail is off on the Medicom face scupt but I think it better likenss due the paint. Factory Medicom face is better than factory Sideshow. Custom Sideshow and Factory Medicom? Too me, it is a toss up. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but for the price? Medicom should have zero weaknesses. Totally not worth the money. For the forty bucks I paid for Sideshow, I am more than happy.

The best face sculpt of Luke is the Jedi Luke by Matt Falls. The A New Hope by Sideshow is a little long and the interpupilary distance is off. Also the nose is too narrow. I think the detail is off on the Medicom face scupt but I think it better likenss due the paint. Factory Medicom face is better than factory Sideshow. Custom Sideshow and Factory Medicom? Too me, it is a toss up. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but for the price? Medicom should have zero weaknesses. Totally not worth the money. For the forty bucks I paid for Sideshow, I am more than happy.

for 300$? yeah, this should be perfect.

If with average paint, the Sideshow ANH Luke is a better figure or at least on par with this one. The light up saber is nice, but not $230 more than SS Luke nice :rotfl

Medicom prolly sculpted it while all Enterbay painted it.

I prefer the Sideshow/Hot Toys projects. SS just hands over the licenses for HT to perfect :)

That's the best JEDI Luke we've seen sure, but for pure SW it's all Trevor all the time. His Stormtrooper Luke (again with better paint) is a marvel.

You're talking out of your ass, sure the paint ain't that great but the Luke sculpt is perfect. Pffft. :cuckoo:

No sir you are talking out of your ass.:cuckoo:

What good is a great sculpt when it comes with green hair? What good is a great sculpt when you gotta repaint it yourself? Did i say anything about the sculpt? I was referring to the figure as a whole, including the "spare no expense" tunic.:slap:lol

Anyways, i like the full body pics on this, but there's no way i'll get it if that's gonna be the final result on the HS. I hope it changes, cause i really want more Lukes.

On a side note there's good news. Look at how horrible the medi 3po looked in the proto pics and how great it finally turned out. I hope this is a similar case. But i'm not sure with EB involved, time will tell.

Edit:

The more and more i look at this the more pissed i become. Everytime i want a Luke it's ____ed up bigtime in someway. At least i still Have my Jedi Luke(still the best) FROM 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Do hope it's not final though.

Last edited:
No sir you are talking out of your ass.:cuckoo:

What good is a great sculpt when it comes with green hair? What good is a great sculpt when you gotta repaint it yourself?

Not sure I understand this logic. At least you can fix a good sculpt that's poorly paintedbad paints. What good is a bad sculpt with great paints? It still doesn't look like the person it's supposed to be. Won't even with a repaint. :huh

Back