Enterbay x Medicom Ultimate Unison ANH 1/6 Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So will this come on a weak-ass medicom body or will it be EB? That's a big concern of mine.

That's what I was thinking too. Medi's new bodies are apparently stronger and the poseability of my Medi Anakin is insane (not my pic):
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2598/3976058133_d1e839560c_o.jpg

I kind of hope the poseability is like the above pic, but the height of an EB fig because Medi figs are just too small.

Also, Luke's sculpt needs serious improvements.

Looks good but the sculpt is off. Hamill must be a hard person for anyone to sculpt.

I missed the full body shots this morning. Does the lightsabre light up? Isn't the greatest but all existing 1/6th Luke's have faults. Perhaps a hard sculpt to capture?

Huh....I expected much more from a company like Enterbay. The price point this will be I'm sure will make it even more of a fail than just the off sculpt.

Huh....I expected much more from a company like Enterbay. The price point this will be I'm sure will make it even more of a fail than just the off sculpt.

Price is a concern..... Luke exceeds $140 it will be a fail. No reason to believe it won't be higher with the cost of R2 and 3PO

I remember the footage of Jodie Foster auditioning for the part of Luke Skywalker on that one DVD documentary. Never thought I'd see a figure of it though.

Price is a concern..... Luke exceeds $140 it will be a fail. No reason to believe it won't be higher with the cost of R2 and 3PO

Going by the Japanese retail price in ¥ and factoring in cureent exchange rates, so far the UU releases have been pushing the $300 price tag (around 24,000 ¥). Of course these could drop if/when a US distributor is secured (Sideshow?). But still will be ridiculously overpriced.

And that nose is huge - getting a Bradley Cooper vibe.

Going by the Japanese retail price in ¥ and factoring in cureent exchange rates, so far the UU releases have been pushing the $300 price tag (around 24,000 ¥). Of course these could drop if/when a US distributor is secured (Sideshow?). But still will be ridiculously overpriced.

And that nose is huge - getting a Bradley Cooper vibe.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol I'm sure some (Medi/EB diehards) will fork that over. But these guys really need to rethink their pricing. If they continue to release these overpriced, stylized figures with shoddy likenesses and fragile bodies, they'll lose what little market they have. Already many Medi collectors are tapping out waiting for K-mart blue light specials.

shaun-cassidy.jpg

"I'm Shaun Cassidy, and I approved this sculpt".

I'm excited as SS's ANH was a fail. But that don't look like Mark to me, hopefully it changes. Still the possibilities intrigue me. Still is good news though, I'm a huge Luke fan and can never have enough, and SS has made only 1 good one IMO.

You're talking out of your ass, sure the paint ain't that great but the Luke sculpt is perfect. Pffft. :cuckoo:

The pricing will be what could really kill this figure, i like the sculpt & paint but it just isn't screaming "Hamill" to me yet, if they can dish out a Enterbay Jack Bauer quality sculpt & keep the price close to Bauer's (around £150) it wouldn't be that bad, Sideshow are knocking on for that kind of money & the overall quality isn't even close.

This portrait is so detailed and off, that it looks worse than Yavin Luke and any other Luke with a vague likeness.

Back