Enterbay WoD Bruce Lee - Retailored outfit (and 1/6 scale airline tickets lol)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
I love almost everything about the EB WoD set. My only nitpick is that the material used for the pants and matching shirt is a little too thick and rigid. A lighter thinner fabric would have matched the outfit in the movie better imo. The texture of the material is extremely nice - just a shade too thick and rigid.

The tailoring of the shirt is exactly perfect for the figure and is pretty close to the outfit in the movie, but the thick material prevents the outfit from hanging on the figure and folding in a natural way. This is especially the case with the trunk of the shirt. The bulkiness of the material forces the shirt to flatten out at the sides making Bruce look extra wide from the front. The same thing happens to a lesser extent with the pantlegs.

So I bought a spare outfit on eBay and retailored it to be more form fitting in the trunk and arms of the shirt. And I tapered in the pantlegs. Just enough to force the outfit to comform to the body more and create more folds and wrinkles - giving the fabric the impression of not being so rigid.

And I was bored last night so I also made a tiny 1/6 airline ticket for Bruce's chest pocket. The ticket is just a blurry square of blues and oranges in my copy of the movie - so I improvised it a bit. Silly but fun.

Here are some pics:

LOL. Thanks Y4NK33. For the ticket - I used an old user's manual I had laying around for a tripod. It had some Chinese writing in it so you can see some characters in the pic. Who knows what it says. lol

I hope you're keeping notes of all the Bruce mods you're making, I'll be hunting you down 1 day soon for help on those myself :monkey1

No problem. I can show you how to makes these fixes. It's not too difficult at all.

Good to hear, my skills at customization are nil! :lol

Btw have you ever bought any custom GOD suits for your BL figs?

I bought the one GOD suit that seems to be most readily available. It's from an unknown maker. They're about 15 to 20USD and is *okay* im my opinion. The cut is good. The shade is actually more orange than yellow and the material is a little too shiny.

You're probably better off trying to buy an Enterbay suit. Judging from the pics of this new EB suit - the only thing I may have to alter is the collar. Maybe. We'll see.

I actually bought a custom GOD suit too. I was asking b/c I wanted to know if you recommend treating it before putting it on a body since some clothes have been known to stain bodies.

Well. I've never had that happen to any of my figures. Synthetic materials (like that GOD suit I mentioned) tend to not bleed like other natural materials like cotton. But very few 1/6 outfits are made of cotton.

Most of the time - their is some chemical in the plastic of the figure body that reacts with the dyes in the fabric; as opposed to the fabric simply being defective and bleeding on their own.

If you have an item that you're not sure will stain - maybe soak in in water to see if the water get's tinted by the dye from the fabric.

I know that Enterbay Kato had some transfer issues, but I suspect the blotches in that case weren't from the dyes in the suit. It was weird how the blotches appeard as small dots when you'd expect that if it was the fabric that was bleeding - you'd see large areas of discoloration.

I'm not so concerned since like I said - I've never had this happen before.

Thank you :D

Should get the bodies in this week, so it will be time to soak that GOD outfit then get going! I have a FOF outfit coming from HK that is taking forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver :gah:

Should I pick up a WOTD outfit too? The price for the full figure is insane :lol

Thank you :D

Should get the bodies in this week, so it will be time to soak that GOD outfit then get going! I have a FOF outfit coming from HK that is taking forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver :gah:

Should I pick up a WOTD outfit too? The price for the full figure is insane :lol

Shipping from HK has been extra slow lately. But don't worry it will get to you.

I highly recommend getting a WoD outfit if you can. It's pretty nicely done - and I can show you how to mod it like I did with mine.

And yes - WoD is pretty pricey now.

Back