Enterbay: Scarface "Respect Version"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not in the market for any Scarface figures, but I gotta say, I think BW's is the best when it comes to sculpt and actual likeness of the character. The War version just comes off as ugly and the Respect version, while a very realistic sculpt, just doesn't look that much like Pacino in the movie.

i'm not in the market for any scarface figures, but i gotta say, i think bw's is the best when it comes to sculpt and actual likeness of the character. The war version just comes off as ugly and the respect version, while a very realistic sculpt, just doesn't look that much like pacino in the movie.

say whatttttttttttt

I think his comment was pretty much ignorable once he said 'Im not in the market for any Scarface figure'

thats a pretty ****** bag way to look at it. I don't think him not being in the market is what makes his opinion ignorable to you It's the fact that he doesn't agree with you. Just b/c Nintenjoe is not interested in this particular license enough to shell out $200 for a figure doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to judge the quality of a collectible. Nintenjoe had an opinion that I myself share ( and I'm in the market for a scar face figure) and he even gave the figures it's due proper respect and acknowledgement. I'm not trying to attack you here, but I'm just sick of coming to this thread and seeing the same people jump down anyones throat who doesn't completely celebrate and adore enterbays figures.

thats a pretty ****** bag way to look at it. I don't think him not being in the market is what makes his opinion ignorable to you It's the fact that he doesn't agree with you. Just b/c Nintenjoe is not interested in this particular license enough to shell out $200 for a figure doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to judge the quality of a collectible. Nintenjoe had an opinion that I myself share ( and I'm in the market for a scar face figure) and he even gave the figures it's due proper respect and acknowledgement. I'm not trying to attack you here, but I'm just sick of coming to this thread and seeing the same people jump down anyones throat who doesn't completely celebrate and adore enterbays figures.

f19c604f_You-Mad-bro.jpg

Oh c'mon, respect, opinions? this thread has had too many opinions from the same people who are happy with their BW/cant buy the new one/hate enterbay diss this and put undue criticism on a sculpt and to get some sort of justification just want to say out as loud and as many times they can how 'bad'/inaccurate' the version is. This started even before EB put up their pics. Now when the product is out a lot of haters left, but some guys are still adamant and want to come back to as if somehow persuade others that BW still is the best.

Thats weak. Theres hardly any constructive criticism of the sculpt ANYWHERE here. No one points out exactly WHERE the inaccuracies are, but they can easily say that their BW is superior :lol

I am not so sure what you all mean by "not in the market for a [Scarface] figure" - but the way I understand this phrase is that you (like me) do not fancy the movie itself too much. How ever I think the role that Al Pacino portraits as Tony Montana is an epic character and perfect as a figure, but the story itself does not for some reason appeal to me unfortunately. I cannot really put my finger on it - maybe I think it is a bit too depressive and sad...

How ever - as I mentioned - I do like the character Tony Montana, and I am actually think that all three releases are really good, and I am considering of maybe getting the War version from Enterbay, and maybe either also the BW or Enterbay release with the calmer expression... Not made up my mind yet...
smiley.gif

Has there been any detailed comparison photos with both calm head scupts from BW and Enterbay ?

By the way, maybe it is just me - but I like to have the figure in hand before making the final decision if a figure is really good or bad (though of course sometimes you see it right away). The reason for that is because often a certain photo or photos can give the wrong impression and to me a figure has a certain feel which is only evident in photos (charisma, weight, feel when touching it, etc.).

I think his comment was pretty much ignorable once he said 'Im not in the market for any Scarface figure'

Yep. Totally irrelevant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ah, i see. i didn't realize i couldn't have an opinion on something unless i purchased that something. sorry if i broke the rules. :rolleyes2

agreed. ^^

Oh c'mon, respect, opinions? this thread has had too many opinions from the same people who are happy with their BW/cant buy the new one/hate enterbay diss this and put undue criticism on a sculpt and to get some sort of justification just want to say out as loud and as many times they can how 'bad'/inaccurate' the version is. This started even before EB put up their pics. Now when the product is out a lot of haters left, but some guys are still adamant and want to come back to as if somehow persuade others that BW still is the best.

Thats weak. Theres hardly any constructive criticism of the sculpt ANYWHERE here. No one points out exactly WHERE the inaccuracies are, but they can easily say that their BW is superior :lol

i'm pretty sure my comment above was the first time i posted in this thread, so i'm not one of "the haters."

i think i did a pretty good job of explaining my opinion on the 3 figures. it's not like i was a ____ about it. however, i can't say the same for you and COSMOSTARX.

Good to read you again Gung Fu - I hope we have you around more often now that EB are getting the Bruce train rolling again :)

i'm pretty sure my comment above was the first time i posted in this thread

I'm surprised Cosmo and Axe let you even get that far :lol

It's like walking into a restaurant, having not eaten anything or ordered anything before, and saying they suck.

Why? It's pointless.

I know it's the internet but it doesn't mean everyone needs to toss their opinion into everything. There's already reference pictures up. Simply put, the BW sculpt doesn't hold too much of a candle to the EB sculpt for most people. Stating otherwise is pretty much blasphemy at this point.

It's like saying the Mattell/DC Direct Batmans are better than Hot Toys Batmans because your opinion says so.

I don't know about 'most people'... plenty of folks have wondered in, declared their preference for BW and left. There's no doubt that the paint on the EB sculpts is superior, but the contention is really about the expression I think. I've always said that it's great that EB have gone with two very different expressions, not just from one another but from BW's as well - it means collectors have a genuine choice. As it turns out, it seems that most people who like the BW one are unlikely to dig the EB versions, and vice versa. If I had the cash I'd be diggin' em all, but putting my money on just one it's the BW one 'cause the expression is for me the ducks nuts. Him sitting there all pissed off - as opposed to angry or pensive - is how I like to see Tony Montana.

I'm surprised Cosmo and Axe let you even get that far :lol

I'm suprised to. These are the guys I'm talking about when I say I'm sick of coming into this thread and seeing the same people bash anyone that isn't as far up enterbays a$$ as they are, their like soccer hooligans only with a much lamer cause. Maybe if Enterbay would step it up their products could speak for themselves.
soccer-hooligan1.jpg

Last edited:
I am not so sure what you all mean by "not in the market for a [Scarface] figure" - but the way I understand this phrase is that you (like me) do not fancy the movie itself too much. How ever I think the role that Al Pacino portraits as Tony Montana is an epic character and perfect as a figure, but the story itself does not for some reason appeal to me unfortunately. I cannot really put my finger on it - maybe I think it is a bit too depressive and sad...

How ever - as I mentioned - I do like the character Tony Montana, and I am actually think that all three releases are really good, and I am considering of maybe getting the War version from Enterbay, and maybe either also the BW or Enterbay release with the calmer expression... Not made up my mind yet...
smiley.gif

Has there been any detailed comparison photos with both calm head scupts from BW and Enterbay ?

By the way, maybe it is just me - but I like to have the figure in hand before making the final decision if a figure is really good or bad (though of course sometimes you see it right away). The reason for that is because often a certain photo or photos can give the wrong impression and to me a figure has a certain feel which is only evident in photos (charisma, weight, feel when touching it, etc.).

Calm, intelligent words Gung.
:hi5::wave

Gung has never really been away....

He's been on a mountain top mediating with some monks...

He has truly become water.......

It's like walking into a restaurant, having not eaten anything or ordered anything before, and saying they suck.

Why? It's pointless.

I know it's the internet but it doesn't mean everyone needs to toss their opinion into everything. There's already reference pictures up. Simply put, the BW sculpt doesn't hold too much of a candle to the EB sculpt for most people. Stating otherwise is pretty much blasphemy at this point.

It's like saying the Mattell/DC Direct Batmans are better than Hot Toys Batmans because your opinion says so.

so having a different opinion is considered blasphemy? and the restaurant analogy is absurd. of course i cannot make an opinion if i haven't eaten the food but i can see with my eyes and it is my opinion that the BW headsculpt is better because it actually looks like pacino in the movie and it represents the character better with the angry face.

if you think i came into this thread to start some lame interent war, that wasn't my intention. i know there are 3 threads for the 3 figures but this one was at the top and since i assumed everyone would be talking about all 3, i joined in.

and no it's not like saying mattel's batman figures are better than hot toys. you can't compare and judge equally a mass produced $8 6 inch figure meant for a kid to a limited quantity $200 adult collectible. but you know what you can compare? 3 12" adult collectible figures all based on the same character and around the same price range.

WHat's up Nintenjoe!Don't mean to interrupt this Luv fest but Lejuan i bought the war version like you said so THANX bro for the advise!!

you know what you can compare? 3 12" adult collectible figures all based on the same character and around the same price range.

Yessah. If you've got 3 12" adult collectible figures all based on the same character and around the same price range I don't see how you couldn't compare them :)

WHat's up Nintenjoe!Don't mean to interrupt this Luv fest but Lejuan i bought the war version like you said so THANX bro for the advise!!

Hey no worries, but wasn't so much advice as an opinion - I take no credit for win and no responsibility for fail :)

I want to see some deep up close focused shots of the head sculpt.

They are like soccer hooligans only with a much lamer cause. Maybe if Enterbay would step it up their products could speak for themselves.
Football Fanatic? Guilty as charged. That Feyenoord kid supporter is a cute one. Oh as for Enterbay stepping up their game, maybe Blitzway can attempt to be in the same bracket once they have released 5% of the releases Enterbay has over the years, and also try to at one point revolutionized the 1/6th scene like Enterbay did, and then maybe you can compare?

BW are no saints themselves, I remember many of the same guys here calling it a hoax, dissing, cracking jokes at the company and the dealer who brought us the news here when the product went through delay after delay.

BTW theres no Enterbay love here, I was pissed like a lot of their customers with the way they did the new Bruce Lee, but they have bounced back since then and give credit to where its due.

Whats funny is most EB haters now are like those Chelsea, Man City 'fan' gloryhunters. Who never bought anything other than an HT but diss a rival company because they see so many do so and want to go with the wave of funny jokes and lousy complains.

When you see a genuine great attempt being put under the scanner by a bunch of guys who are stuck up with their obsolete releases and getting all sour grapes about it, then maybe its time to do what they do, say the same things loud, and constantly.

You keep hating and I keep spreading the love. Savvy?

Him sitting there all pissed off - as opposed to angry or pensive - is how I like to see Tony Montana.
Thats fine, but saying the angry or pensive sculpts are NOT Al Pacino as Tony Montana and comparatively the BW one is, is kinda... lame/biased/blind?

Id like someone like Sixth Sith who has all three sculpts with him, put them side by side close together, take a clear pic. Then using reference photos we all can judge the final outcome.

Till then comments like BW's is 'far accurate/superior' without any actual comparison or explanation of specifics like what MADE YOU FORM THE OPINION YOU HAVE is almost like trolling in this thread

Last edited:
Back