Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that shot looks like a real person. Other then the clothes, is that modified at all?

IMG_2731.jpg

Since Enterbay wasn't considerate enough to include the outift Ip wore during the 10-man beatdown scene during the second half of the film, I thought I'd lend my Ip figure the outfit from my Bruce Lee FoF figure since the style is the same. I wondered if the color was right, and it's hard to tell because the second half of the film had a very desaturated look. But I think it's a decent match.

Some very quick pics:

IMG_2731.jpg

Don't fret over other folks, man!
My 4yr old saw this pic and straight away he said "Hey that's Ip Man" :yess:

Damn that shot looks like a real person. Other then the clothes, is that modified at all?

Nope, just a swap of clothes.

Hmm, I may invest in a advanced then... it's shorter than the stock body right?

Only slightly. A small difference of about 1/4 inch. I think most people (myself included) made the switch because of the loose joints on the RM3 body and not because we were paying mind to the height. If that's important to you, maybe you could try the Slim TT. I don't have a Slim TT so I can't offer much opinion on that. At a glance though I think it's a bit too thin for Ip and all the available body colors aren't appropriate.

My 4yr old saw this pic and straight away he said "Hey that's Ip Man" :yess:

:yess:

Saw this on Toy World, pretty useful for those who aren't sure if they want to do a body swap:

Thanks to 'jopy123456' for buying TWO Ip Man figures in order to do the comparison. :lol

ipman-5.jpg

ipman-4.jpg

ipman-3.jpg

IpMan_01.jpg

IpMan_Bruce_01.jpg

My martial arts shelf - waiting on Bruce DX, and maybe a ninja and samurai down the track too...

I've used my TT for another figure, but I'll be getting another one to swap IpMan. My RM3 is actually pretty good in the joints, but that extra length in the neck will nag at me over time :)

IpMan_01.jpg

IpMan_Bruce_01.jpg

My martial arts shelf - waiting on Bruce DX, and maybe a ninja and samurai down the track too...

I've used my TT for another figure, but I'll be getting another one to swap IpMan. My RM3 is actually pretty good in the joints, but that extra length in the neck will nag at me over time :)

Selling> Online DiD Samurai JP Exclusive set all 5!

:D

Waiting for my TT body to come in.

Hey everyone,

I am relatively new to high end figures, I've bought some 12" Sideshow figures before (Hellboy, Buffy, Angel) and decided to go for this Ip Man figure. Unfortunately, I accidentally snapped his foot off at the ankle almost immediately.

I'm not terribly familiar with the different replacement bodies. I know Ip Man uses something called an RM-3 body. Can one of you tell me if the RM-BL3 on enterbay's site will work with this figure? Or if that doesn't work, which replacement body you'd recommend? Finally, I'm nervous to mess with the head, does it pop off or is it attached in a way that makes it impossible to detach and reattach to a different body?

Thank you for your time, and I greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Hey everyone,

I am relatively new to high end figures, I've bought some 12" Sideshow figures before (Hellboy, Buffy, Angel) and decided to go for this Ip Man figure. Unfortunately, I accidentally snapped his foot off at the ankle almost immediately.

I'm not terribly familiar with the different replacement bodies. I know Ip Man uses something called an RM-3 body. Can one of you tell me if the RM-BL3 on enterbay's site will work with this figure? Or if that doesn't work, which replacement body you'd recommend? Finally, I'm nervous to mess with the head, does it pop off or is it attached in a way that makes it impossible to detach and reattach to a different body?

Thank you for your time, and I greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Nop. The RM-BL3 will not work, this is for Bruce lee

Hottoys True Type Caucasian narrow shoulders
body is your best choice.. you can search on E-bay

TTM-08.jpg

This body is very similar but much better and stiffed than Enterbay's body (In fact, Enterbay IPMAN body is a mere copy from HT True Types).

I strongly recommend this body for Ip- man

Anyways, Hot Toys True Types are the best 1/6 bodies in the market nowadays

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your help. Can you tell me whether the Head is removable without breaking something? Will I be able to pop them off and on the new body or am I looking at some kind of gluejob or something? Thanks

Thanks so much for your help. Can you tell me whether the Head is removable without breaking something? Will I be able to pop them off and on the new body or am I looking at some kind of gluejob or something? Thanks

Just pop the head off carefully and stick it in the new body, nothing will break.

Yeh, the head just pops right off, just be careful of marking the paint when you do it. If you've already snapped the ankle there's no need to be precious about the RM body anymore. And don't sweat the broken body, the truetype is a perfect replacement. In fact more than perfect, it is way better than the RM. BTW you don't have to buy a whole TT - just get the body and a pair of matching feet and this can work out cheaper. Good luck!

You guys have been so helpful, I'm very grateful. I almost despaired after snapping it so quickly, but now I feel much better and know how to go about fixing this.

ugh! i just snapped my ankle too and came to check this thread and lo and behold someone else has the same problem. :(

the body is unusually loose as others have mentioned. i sent enterbay an email earlier to get this replaced. i hope i get an exchange for this. he looks damn good, but the body is a complete piece of crap. and before you guys say anything, no i dont want to fork out another $40 for another body. everything else looks good though. the wooden dummy and the base is super nice.

ugh! i just snapped my ankle too and came to check this thread and lo and behold someone else has the same problem. :(

the body is unusually loose as others have mentioned. i sent enterbay an email earlier to get this replaced. i hope i get an exchange for this. he looks damn good, but the body is a complete piece of crap. and before you guys say anything, no i dont want to fork out another $40 for another body. everything else looks good though. the wooden dummy and the base is super nice.

I bought my TT a while back so I didn't feel like it added to the price of the figure. But of course it did. It does suck that EB have given us a dodgy body to go with what would otherwise be an excellent package. I wouldn't hold out for a replacement body in quick time, given EB's reputation for long response times, but let us know how you go with it.

For me personally, like all great figures, the cost of the thing is long forgotten and what remains is a beautiful piece of art to admire.

Is this figure still available for ordering? Who sells it for the best price?

I think most US retailers have this on preorder, I think they are all pretty much the same price at $169.99.

BBTS $169.99
CornerStoreComics $169.99
VikingPlayground $170

If you buy it from Manofactionfigures.com and mention that Brandon (if I remember correctly) sent you, he'll give you a discount, don't remember how much and I'm lazy to go back a few pages, haha.

I think most US retailers have this on preorder, I think they are all pretty much the same price at $169.99.

BBTS $169.99
CornerStoreComics $169.99
VikingPlayground $170

If you buy it from Manofactionfigures.com and mention that Brandon (if I remember correctly) sent you, he'll give you a discount, don't remember how much and I'm lazy to go back a few pages, haha.

Thanks Cheungkinmen! If you order from Randy at manofactionfigures.com and mention my name, he will give it to you for $159.99 + s/h. his email is:

[email protected]

Back