Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, another noob question. How do i remove the head of Ip man safely? Is it a ball joint where i can heat and pop off easily?

hey, another noob question. How do i remove the head of Ip man safely? Is it a ball joint where i can heat and pop off easily?

Yep it's a ball joint. You can just give that baby a firm pull and it will pop off - I didn't have to heat mine.

Cool, then it has a better paint job than Enterbay's, and that is a shame.

When most people here complain about the quality of Enterbay's paint work on this figure, I'm pretty sure they are referring solely about the eyes. That being said, I think the way the eyes are painted on the recast is superior, but everything else swings in Enterbay's favor in my opinion. Granted, I've only seen the recast sculpt in photos, but I have a feeling it can't match the subtle differences in skin tone and freckle spots and five o'clock shadow on his lower face that is present on the real Enterbay head.

Finally got this guy. Like the box. The foam part for the figure was kind of cheap though... not custom shaped. But that's getting real nitpicky. Love the wooden dummy and metal base and the heft of them.

The body is like everyone said, TERRIBLE. Worse than I thought, so I must switch. But I have an issue, do I have to use the HT neck adapter or will the EB adapter work on the HT body by forcing it? I've been trying to get it in, but I don't want to force too hard and break it.

One more thing! The wooden dummy is a pain in the ass to get in all the way. Is the bottom leg supposed to touch the metal base or not?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I was able to take the head off the EB body and pop it straight onto the TT, no switching of neck adapter required.

The dummy leg isn't supposed to touch the floor, no drama there.

When I get home I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure my memory on this is good. This figure is a stayer - after all the things that have been said about what EB got wrong, I still enjoy having him on my shelf.

I've been trying (used heating method too), but it wont go in. I've checked the neck pegs, and the HT is slightly bigger. Not sure how you got yours in! :gah: But thanks.

I do like him, have him on the top shelf. Great tailoring.

First time I've experienced figure shoes that actually go on the feet (and not just sculpted)! I was pretty confused at first and pleasantly surprised when I figured it out.

Last edited:
So I've forced it in enough and it went in, but the problem is that it's soo tight that it's hard to move his head. I'm thinking of switching neck adapters to HT one, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the head.

Now I have another issue that I didn't notice last night because it was dark, his lips aren't fully painted! It looks like he has a crooked mouth now that I can see. :gah: Hopefully I can get a replacement.

His right open palm also has a smidge of BLACK (WTF?) paint on it, but it doesn't bother me as much as his crooked lips.

Damnit EB!

EDIT: Hot damn, BBTS replied to me in an instant... getting replacements. Glad I chose them again!

Last edited:
Damn, EB is getting cheap, and that is a shame, I had a lot of respect for the company. :/ . I definitely want one, but man, these little QC issues are keeping me away.

Yeah. I had to have an Ip Man though, so if you can get him from a reliable seller that can offer replacements, I wouldn't hesitate.

The quality of the figure itself isn't on par with HT, honestly. Shiney hands, some dodgy paint apps and molding, and not only is the body terrible articulation wise, it looks really amateur aesthetic wise next to a Truetype.

Wooden dummy, base, clothing, and feather duster are quite nice though.

Last edited:
Yeah. I had to have an Ip Man though, so if you can get him from a reliable seller that can offer replacements, I wouldn't hesitate.

The quality of the figure itself isn't on par with HT, honestly. Shiney hands, some dodgy paint apps, and not only is the body terrible articulation wise, it looks really amateur aesthetic wise next to a Truetype.

Wooden dummy, base, clothing, and feather duster are quite nice though.

Since you got replacement from BBTS, I think I'm ordering from them too, if I ever. :gah:

I feel like a dodged a bullet with my figure - I forget who it was, but one member here even had their wooden dummy baseplate missing from the box! I mean, how does this happen with a $170 figure?

So the figure ended up costing me $200 shipped plus another $40 for a TT. Thank heavens mine is without all the problems mentioned in this thread, otherwise I'd have felt seriously burned. As it is it has made me think very hard about forking out for their next Bruce Lee figure (whenever that is).

Having said that Cheung, I can't say enough good things about BBTS - if you order through them you have the guarantee that you'll be able to get a replacement on a defective figure. And if you get a problem-free Ip Man I think it is worth the money :)

I feel like a dodged a bullet with my figure - I forget who it was, but one member here even had their wooden dummy baseplate missing from the box! I mean, how does this happen with a $170 figure?

So the figure ended up costing me $200 shipped plus another $40 for a TT. Thank heavens mine is without all the problems mentioned in this thread, otherwise I'd have felt seriously burned. As it is it has made me think very hard about forking out for their next Bruce Lee figure (whenever that is).

Having said that Cheung, I can't say enough good things about BBTS - if you order through them you have the guarantee that you'll be able to get a replacement on a defective figure. And if you get a problem-free Ip Man I think it is worth the money :)

Thanks for the comment, man. I think I will order from them, I just hope it's a good Ip Man first time around, haha.

So whats the consensus on which TT figure to replace it with? TTM-14 or TTM-16? Anyone have pics for comparisons?

I've seen people using the ttm14 and other the ttm16, and apparently both work. But personally if I had to (I just hope not) I would choose the ttm14.

I've seen people using the ttm14 and other the ttm16, and apparently both work. But personally if I had to (I just hope not) I would choose the ttm14.

the TTM16 is pretty close to IP Man's RM3 body. The main difference is that the RM3 neckpost is higher than TTs. As others have said (I haven't tried it) a TTM 14 would make Ip less beefy around the shoulders.

My RM3 body came with just the one issue: one elbow joint had to be heated and then bent with some force to get the double-joint freed up so it could rotate beyond 90 degrees.

Apart from that, I didn't have the really loose hip joints that some had. I would say that the hip joint was about as loose as TTM 16's ankle joints, so it came down to a trade between tighter hips or tighter ankles.

The main reason I ended up swapping bodies was because of the height - it's only a few mm but RM3 was a bit too giraffe-neck for me and TT sorted this out.

Any suggestions/word on the dummy+floor touching and neck adapter yet? :monkey3

The wooden dummy is a pain in the ass to get in all the way. Is the bottom leg supposed to touch the metal base or not?

Thanks.
And the very next post.
I was able to take the head off the EB body and pop it straight onto the TT, no switching of neck adapter required.

The dummy leg isn't supposed to touch the floor, no drama there.

Wake up dom. :lol

So weird, I read that post too. Never mind the base. :slap

I had this other question about the adapter though. I was wondering if the HT one will work. The reason I haven't tried myself is because I would have to go through the hassle of removing it from an extra figure.

:lol

Sorry, can't help you with the adapter problem. LeJuan said he just popped off the head and straight onto the TT. Did you read that? :lol :lol That leads me to believe that the Enterbay head fits onto a HT body, so therefore should fit onto a HT adapter, well, at least the short adapter, not the longer extender. What time is it over there? Bedtime for you. :lol

Okay, I'll take pity on you. Here's a pic of the head and a HT adapter. The base of the adapter is a little thicker than the adapter/plug you see at the base of the Enterbay head. The plug is probably glued into the head, so you'll have that to contend with, but you should be able to trim down the neck if it's too long. Hope that helps ya.

124tzdd.jpg

Now down a stiff toddy and go to bed. :lol :duff

Back