Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay Real Masterpiece Rambo announced!

I was watching Cobra's Pearl again last night and wanted to know, was Stallone the same size in both this and the Expendables, he seemed much beefy here but maybe it was the clothes he was wearing but he seemed smaller in Expendables. if Hot Toys made Rambo IV would use the same muscle body?

Why do you call it Cobra's Pearl, was it called this in some other part ofthe world cuz the only titles I know of are Rambo or John Rambo.

As for Stallone's size, he is bulkier in Rocky 6 and Rambo 4, he slimmed himself for Expendables.

Why do you call it Cobra's Pearl, was it called this in some other part ofthe world cuz the only titles I know of are Rambo or John Rambo.

As for Stallone's size, he is bulkier in Rocky 6 and Rambo 4, he slimmed himself for Expendables.

you're right, I got the order mixed up with Serpent's Eye, it should be Pearl of the Cobra. I just double checked on that.

don't mean to hijack the thread but most of the knowledgable fans of the film post here so let me ask you this question. which version DVD/blu ray has these alternate angle scenes of the film?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3FecKcifTo"]John Rambo Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

been looking for this for awhile and wanted to see what other parts of the movie have a different angle scene, I particularly like when they show Rambo tossing the machete after he decapilates the soldier. thanks!

you're right, I got the order mixed up with Serpent's Eye, it should be Pearl of the Cobra. I just double checked on that.

Was it released under this name in your country?
It is simply 'Rambo' everywhere else in the world I believe.
I know an early script version used this subtitle but it wasn't in the final release.

don't mean to hijack the thread but most of the knowledgable fans of the film post here so let me ask you this question. which version DVD/blu ray has these alternate angle scenes of the film?

been looking for this for awhile and wanted to see what other parts of the movie have a different angle scene, I particularly like when they show Rambo tossing the machete after he decapilates the soldier. thanks!

There is a directors cut that was released a year or so later was which 10 minutes longer but also featured alternate takes on various scenes. It went under a few names 'extended edition' and 'The Fight Continues'.

The one called 'Reloaded Edition' is NOT the extended one but a double disc version of the standard film :thud:

Aww, I was hoping for a Rocky Balboa figure.

John Rambo Trailer - YouTube

I have both versions, the biggest difference is the alternate cut has removed the Killing is as easy as breathing voice over, and replaced it with the missionary who wants Rambo to go and rescue the other Missionaries, praying for Rambo which inter-cuts with Rambo making the machete with the Prayer continuing in voice over

What's with these 1/4 figures ... who has the space for these??

Not interested in this line but really don't understand this 1/4 business. I guess its the only way Enterbay have left to differentiate themselves from HT? :dunno

I can confirm its in 1/4 and Rambo 3

Awesome, a posable 1/4 scale Rambo will be cool. Of course, now I want someone to do First Blood since it's the only film not done in that scale.

What's with these 1/4 figures ... who has the space for these??

Not interested in this line but really don't understand this 1/4 business. I guess its the only way Enterbay have left to differentiate themselves from HT? :dunno

You just answered yourself, they see HT making it's mark in 1/6 but Sideshow's the only real competition in 1/4 scale and EB can win with posable pieces of a higher production quality.

You just answered yourself, they see HT making it's mark in 1/6 but Sideshow's the only real competition in 1/4 scale and EB can win with posable pieces of a higher production quality.

Indeed but it's disappointing.

HT is in serious need of competition and while we all know about EB's struggle in the 1/6 space, I still believe they can fix those issues and provide serious competition if they worked at it.

Without proper competition, HT is going to continue to take full advantage of us from a pricing perspective and maybe even quality will begin to suffer as they don't see a competitor keeping them honest.

Indeed but it's disappointing.

HT is in serious need of competition and while we all know about EB's struggle in the 1/6 space, I still believe they can fix those issues and provide serious competition if they worked at it.

Without proper competition, HT is going to continue to take full advantage of us from a pricing perspective and maybe even quality will begin to suffer as they don't see a competitor keeping them honest.

I think you're worrying too much, I don't think HT's felt competition from EB ever except when they do the exact figure at the same time like Godfather and Jack Sparrow. HT's been dominant for years and look at what we're getting.

I think you're worrying too much, I don't think HT's felt competition from EB ever except when they do the exact figure at the same time like Godfather and Jack Sparrow. HT's been dominant for years and look at what we're getting.

Yeah quality wise yeah HT has been improving significantly and has been dominant for a while. But their dominance has only really taken off since the TDK and Iron Man lines of 2008 IMO - in those 3 years prices have inflated at least 50%, well above inflation. You could argue that is justified by the increase in quality of the average figure, and yeah I can buy that... for now. But what happens from here?

During the last 3 yrs at least EB was around and showed the odd prototype which impressed most of us (whether those ended up being produced is another matter), and i'm sure the protos themselves were something HT looked at as a benchmark or something to strive to beat.

Now we won't even have that - all they really have to compare to are customs, which probably doesn't do much as far as motivating HT to push the envelope while keeping prices in check.

But whatever, most of my personal collection is a mix of parts from official HT releases and customs, so ultimately I still see myself continuing down the same path - so i'm not 'worried' as such, but just concerned for the future of the hobby and the value for money collectors in general will get going fwd.

:lol EB wasn't going to keep HT in check price wise. :lol

:lol

Yeah a bit of an own goal there on my part :slap

But still I guess my point is that i'm eager to see someone challenge HT on both price and quality, or come close to it - and in that respect one possible challenger is out of the race it seems.

Blitzway FTW :rotfl

Was it released under this name in your country?
It is simply 'Rambo' everywhere else in the world I believe.
I know an early script version used this subtitle but it wasn't in the final release.

There is a directors cut that was released a year or so later was which 10 minutes longer but also featured alternate takes on various scenes. It went under a few names 'extended edition' and 'The Fight Continues'.

The one called 'Reloaded Edition' is NOT the extended one but a double disc version of the standard film :thud:

I have both versions, the biggest difference is the alternate cut has removed the Killing is as easy as breathing voice over, and replaced it with the missionary who wants Rambo to go and rescue the other Missionaries, praying for Rambo which inter-cuts with Rambo making the machete with the Prayer continuing in voice over

thanks everyone for your help, I have the one where there are holes inside the blu ray case. I watched it again yesterday and don't see those angles from the youtube video I posted. like when he's talking to Michael Brunette you see in that video Rambo holding the spoon and feeding the snakes but I dont see that on the DVD and Blu ray, also he says you're not changing anything in a different tone. also there is that scene where the British bald guy is crawling around and that's not in either versions either so I was wondering if another region, maybe the Indian Hindi, has all those different scenes?

Just to go back to Rambo Figures in general, I think that like many of you Rambo was and still is an iconic character.

I only learned of Hot toys back in 2007, and unfortunately missed out on all of the Rambo figures which was a dissapointment. With time I did manage to pick up the HT Rambo from part 2 as well as the Trautman figure.

I do wish that HT would revisit the line but for the moment, even if I have to wait years for the Enterbay figure I think this would fall into my definite category. (Unless Enterbay cancels it)

Waiting for a looooong time to see this figure,and also want to see something new about Rambo III!!!

Back