Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
International shipping dependent more on size then weight. Weight is an issue but only in extremes. Size dictates amount of packages that can be shipped at one time. Therefore size supersedes weight. When it comes to shipping for Sideshow, remember they are not produced in the US. Sideshow pays to have the product shipped from China to the US before it is then shipped again to the consumer. Enterbay is probably saving shipping on domestic shipping mostly.

can't live with those joints, but congrats to those that are getting it, besides that, looks just as great as the T800. Look forward to Batman next and the BD T800 in Oct.

Question for those who can't stand visible joints.Do you prefer Rubber instead?Just curious to know what people expect from figures these days,i think this is why statue collectors prefer statues over figures.
Yeah if the rubber issue gets solved sometime,sure i would prefer a fully covered Rubber body with no visible joints.But unfortunately it simply doesn't work very well based on durability and articulation.

There are some people who has had nothing but good experiences with Rubber bodies too,so i understand their opinion.

I like this body,it's the best they can do at the moment and this figure is damn near perfect,im getting it for sure now that i know it's not Rubber :yess:

:rotfl

HT 1/4 will be just as much, and you WON'T have free shipping.

This is a $250 to $350 figure, folks, depending on where you live. Like I said, It costs $100-$150 to ship it here.
People are paying $250 on a HT/EB 1/6 figure. This is a 1/4 scale piece with FREE WW shipping. With VERY detailed accessories, made out of the finest materials out there. Bigger in size, bigger box size and so on. How much you want to pay for that?? $250?? Sure we all would like to pay less, but that's not the reality.
I don't think anyone is gonna expect HT--which typically charges around $200 per 1/6 figure now--to charge $250. All I'm saying is I hope HT doesn't charge $450-500 prior to shipping, which is possible. The Mark IV gantry is insanely expensive, and they are looking to charge $630 for the '89 Batmobile.

For the record, I think that in relation to 1/6 scale stuff from EB/HT and 1/4 scale PFs, as Natrix says, $400 for this is not a bad deal. If the company is gouging us, then so be it but they must be gouging us with everything else they sell, as well.

Question for those who can't stand visible joints.Do you prefer Rubber instead?Just curious to know what people expect from figures these days,i think this is why statue collectors prefer statues over figures.
Yeah if the rubber issue gets solved sometime,sure i would prefer a fully covered Rubber body with no visible joints.But unfortunately it simply doesn't work very well based on durability and articulation.

There are some people who has had nothing but good experiences with Rubber bodies too,so i understand their opinion.

I like this body,it's the best they can do at the moment and this figure is damn near perfect,im getting it for sure now that i know it's not Rubber :yess:
My POV is not anti-joint, I just think the joints will be more noticeable on bigger figures like this, which will potentially have a bigger, negative effect on the aesthetic attractiveness of them. I actually don't mind them on 1/6 scale figures, though, and I wouldn't know for sure until I saw one in-hand (or rather, on-shelf). But like I posted earlier, I will take this over rubber any day. I have zero interest in dealing with the restrictions on poseability and potential for damage/decomposition that rubber provides. I just agree that 1/4 scale figures of this type would be better served wearing long sleeve jackets. I don't have a better alternative in place than what EB is doing, which is essentially taking HT's rubber body convention and applying it here.

I don't think anyone is gonna expect HT--which typically charges around $200 per 1/6 figure now--to charge $250. All I'm saying is I hope HT doesn't charge $450-500 prior to shipping, which is possible. The Mark IV gantry is insanely expensive, and they are looking to charge $630 for the '89 Batmobile.

For the record, I think that in relation to 1/6 scale stuff from EB/HT and 1/4 scale PFs, as Natrix says, $400 for this is not a bad deal. If the company is gouging us, then so be it but they must be gouging us with everything else they sell, as well.

Got your point, bro, thought you said HT would be charging less.
Yeah, toys are getting expensive these days. Imagine how much the HT Batwing will cost!

No, I would rather they did this piece like the 1/4 Bruce Lee. I don't mind the articulation, as long as it's covered up like the first T-800. The next Batman and Joker pieces will be covered as well, so I will be getting those if I like the way they turn out. I think EB either needs to do characters like Rambo as a statue or choose characters that won't have obvious joints exposed. The exposed joints just make these expensive pieces look cheap to me.

Not much I can do to his nose but the EYES... Here is what I'd like to see:

enterbay_rambo3_head_mod_by_riddick.jpg

And since I think that EB got eye size properly here's V.2:

enterbay_rambo3_head_mod_v2_by_riddick.jpg

WOW ! as much as i like the origional head sculpt and will be ordering this the day its up for pre order, i have to admit the eyes on this do look better IMO, still a great sculpt though.

Yeah, I think that is safe to assume. Hopefully HT doesn't try to charge much more than that.

I'll be happy to pay HT a higher price if it's for something that genuinely shifts the bar to a whole new level of artistry and craftsmanship. Hopefully HT will give us a whole lot more now that they've seen what Enterbay is doing.

Yep. People are just trying to making justifications.

Bill is lucky that he's in the Collectibles business, because his core consumers (collectors) are notorious for making excuses or justifications in costs of acquiring the items they want. Hardly any other consumers are as forgiving on the financial side. He's ripping people off on the cost of this figure. You either don't see that, or you don't really care. Probably the latter, on which to each their own. But I'm not cool with that.

Enterbay is only doing themselves harm by announcing what they can't deliver. They may be able to fool some collectors with money to burn, but even those collectors can't generate enough revenue to make it profitable in the long run. Collectors on this forum would be all over HT and Sideshow if they tried to pull the same stunt.

:rotfl

HT 1/4 will be just as much, and you WON'T have free shipping.

This is a $250 to $350 figure, folks, depending on where you live. Like I said, It costs $100-$150 to ship it here.
People are paying $250 on a HT/EB 1/6 figure. This is a 1/4 scale piece with FREE WW shipping. With VERY detailed accessories, made out of the finest materials out there. Bigger in size, bigger box size and so on. How much you want to pay for that?? $250?? Sure we all would like to pay less, but that's not the reality.

You're being ripped off, this figure probably costs $60 -$80 to make, the rest is all profit, even with giving free shipping Enterbay is making a killing on this. Anyone who disagrees doesn't know anything about business. Enterbay knows that Hot Toys cost $100 for a 1/6 fig three years ago and now the Batman89 and Joker89 are almost $300 with shipping, translation, the collecting community well pay for it if you build it to there liking, but the buyers are going to be limited, these high price points may be backfiring, on BBTS the Batman89 and Joker89 aren't sold out yet and I bet it's because of the high price, how many young collectors have $300 to spend on a single figure?

The complaints are completely valid in this case. Whether you choose to ignore them is up to you.

And shipping costs are calculated by what's called Dimensional Weight, which uses the size AND the weight to determine cost. The Rambo box will certainly be no bigger than T-800, and Enterbay already bragged about them being lighter. So the shipping costs will be less... but only for them. Yippie!! They also saved at least $10-$15 per figure by doing away with custom packaging.

This should probably be $350-$375 shipped.

Sideshow is charging $46.09 to ship the Iron Man gantry with IV figure to Australia via FedEx. Enterbay must be pretty small potatoes (or greedy) if they can't offer people a similar deal.

My POV is not anti-joint, I just think the joints will be more noticeable on bigger figures like this, which will potentially have a bigger, negative effect on the aesthetic attractiveness of them. I actually don't mind them on 1/6 scale figures, though, and I wouldn't know for sure until I saw one in-hand (or rather, on-shelf). But like I posted earlier, I will take this over rubber any day. I have zero interest in dealing with the restrictions on poseability and potential for damage/decomposition that rubber provides. I just agree that 1/4 scale figures of this type would be better served wearing long sleeve jackets. I don't have a better alternative in place than what EB is doing, which is essentially taking HT's rubber body convention and applying it here.

I would not want rubber at all. Might aswell just make it a statue because I'd be too afraid to use the articulation. Plus rubber bending looks unnatural anyway, and its not like the 'muscles' behave any more realistically than plastic either - ie biceps will still be either relaxed or tight no matter what position the arm is in. Rubber would be pointless IMO.

Yeah i see your point,it could be more annoying in this size.But since people don't like visible joints,i would like to hear what they prefer instead if the joints is the excuse for not getting this,if they had any interest in the figure to begin with.

Nice looking figure. Joints and all. The head looks a bit small for the body though.

Too bad it's the wrong scale.

I would not want rubber at all. Might aswell just make it a statue because I'd be too afraid to use the articulation. Plus rubber bending looks unnatural anyway, and its not like the 'muscles' behave any more realistically than plastic either. Rubber would be pointless IMO.

Agreed. Hot Toys rubber figures looks terrible to me, with "breathing/molding holes" in parts of the bodies and the PJ can't even compare with the one here.
Not counting the problems many had with them, and the ones you mentioned.
Thanks, but no thanks. I too would prefer a "realistic" statue over a articulated figure in 1/4 scale, just like their BL 1/4, but between rubber and the material used here..I will take the later any day of the week.

I've never had any problems with HT rubber, but Enterbay and rubber scares me after I had to get a replacement body for my T-800 due to excessive staining of the torso area. Even Enterbay said that it was excessive and must have been caused by a fault in the manufacturing process at their end.

Back