Enterbay: GODFATHER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great! I wish every release was like this. The two best 1:6 figures makers fighting to get the better product out sure makes it nice for us.

I can't wait to see what they do.

This is great! I wish every release was like this. The two best 1:6 figures makers fighting to get the better product out sure makes it nice for us.

I can't wait to see what they do.

I agree. If they make the headsculpt as accurate as the Hot Toys version, they definitely have Hot Toys beat in the realism of paint, so this will be one to watch.

My money's on Hot Toys.

p.s. LOVE your avatar, Wofford!

Last edited:
My money's on Hot Toys.

Also... It's a bit underhanded for Enterbay to be pursuing this license in the first place. It's a major sign of disrespect, especially among Asian collectible producers, to capitalize on a license that's already been established at another company. And it's not the first time Enterbay has done this with HT.

I'm all for friendly competition... But from what I hear from friends that are deep within the industry over there, it's actually a pretty dirty move.

p.s. LOVE your avatar, Wofford!

I too am with Hot Toys but see nothing wrong with Enterbay making this figure too. I love competition, its what makes a product both more efficient and great in quality.

Without competition you'd have quality similar to Medicom :monkey3

Geppetto,this is how the world works,its business...

Besides,this is a good thing for us collectors,if Enterbay will overgo HT`s Godfather HT will improve theirs even more.We collectors sit here and watch the catfight between the 2 and in the end get a Flawless Godfather.

Last edited:
Without competition you'd have quality similar to Medicom :monkey3

Ouch.

I agree though. There's nothing wrong with two or more companies producing figures from the same license. It's not disrespectful, it's just the way this business is.

It's better all around for the customers too. More choices plus competition breeds quality and innovation.

Oh, you don't have to explain how the world works to me. ;) I understand the concept of competition... But from what I'm told, this particular situation goes a little beyond that. There are other factors involved that make it a deeper issue... But I agree, competition is only a good thing for collectors.

I know you do,im just saying:D

Please explain what your thoughts are exactly,im not quite following you...

I'm with HT this time because I bought it before I realize that Enterbay was making Vito Corleone too :rolleyes:.
Nevertheless I'm going to give Enterbay some chance. Their sculpt detail is amazing and the paint quality is beyond super! I see the paint job on the EB Jack Bauer and it's incredible (not to mention the eyes), so I imagine this new level of work on Vito Corleone and makes me think about if I should continue with HT in this case.

About competition that reminds me about the old Batman Begins discussion about what was best: Medicom, Hot Toys or Takara :D
All that race, make me feel nothing more than excitement about what those two companies are going to bring to us.
I'm very happy with this two companies an the way they have evolve so quick on their products.

Well, this issue is just more sensitive among Asian producers than most of us would expect. It's somewhat of an unspoken rule between many of them. Also, the creative director for HT played a HUGE part in helping Enterbay get off the ground back in the day, and is largely responsible for the jump in quality seen in the early Bruce Lee figures. The use of the Godfather 1/6 license (and another HT license that Enterbay is working on, yet to be announced) is specifically seen as kind of a dig... I'm just repeating what I've heard, from an inside source.

I didn't intend to air any dirty laundry or start a gossip train... I only brought it up to emphasize my interest in the HT Godfather over the Enterbay. Not that politics really sway me on the matter, as I think the HT version is aesthetically superior anyway.

had no idea that HT played a part in Enterbay`s success,this is the very first time ive heard this.
Either way if its true or false what you have heard...i dont think HT mind EB making Godfather,as long as Enterbay got the right license they are allowed to make anything they want.

Well, this issue is just more sensitive among Asian producers than most of us would expect. It's somewhat of an unspoken rule between many of them. Also, the creative director for HT played a HUGE part in helping Enterbay get off the ground back in the day, and is largely responsible for the jump in quality seen in the early Bruce Lee figures. The use of the Godfather 1/6 license (and another HT license that Enterbay is working on, yet to be announced) is specifically seen as kind of a dig... I'm just repeating what I've heard, from an inside source.

I didn't intend to air any dirty laundry or start a gossip train... I only brought it up to emphasize my interest in the HT Godfather over the Enterbay. Not that politics really sway me on the matter, as I think the HT version is aesthetically superior anyway.

i don't know if this is true or not either - and from what i've heard i don't believe it 100%. there may be some element of truth there though. as for doing the same figure being an insult, i'm not sure about that either. as far as i can remember, enterbay announced a godfather figure long before HT (can anyone verify this?). as for any other licenses HT might have, if HT are done with it - assuming its a license HT already have - then why shouldn't enterbay do figures from it. if enterbay bring a license back that HT have ditched or underused then it makes no sense that enterbay doing it is an insult.

i love HT. i love enterbay. i think this noise about internal politics hurts the reputation of both companies.

Last edited:
Enterbay announced it before HT,but we saw HT`s pics of Godfather long before any announcement,but nothing official.

I couldn't agree more. Beyond that, it's counter-productive to the topic at hand. :peace

having said that though - you've got me really interested in any connection the two companies might have historically or artistically. it's quite intriguing. methinks some investigating is in order... :cool:

having said that though - you've got me really interested in any connection the two companies might have historically or artistically. it's quite intriguing. methinks some investigating is in order... :cool:

Oh... Well, while it might not be widely known, I don't think it's specifically a secret. JC Hong (HT's creative director) used to work with Enterbay when they were still in their infancy. He helped Arnie Kim a great deal in achieving the realism that Enterbay is known for today.

yeah makes sense. jc hong and arnie kim worked together with enterbay and now he's the main dude at hot toys

Back