Enterbay: GODFATHER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes are looking much better than in the earlier pictures that were released. The chair seems on a par with HT to me, and the cat looks as bad as HT's (but in a different way). The addition of the pen is a nice touch - a much better pack-in than the printed background as far as I'm concerned - but I wouldn't use either item so it's irrelevant. I think, based purely on pictures, that EB and HT have pros and cons that will have the two figures come out pretty even.

Do I have to start with the English lessons again? Chauvinism isn't an unjustified sense of superiority. Preferential? So your bringing in a new quotient, and misconstruing the discussion. Your analogy is far from..... Okay, let's agree to disagree.

You aren't very good at comprehension, so discussion is mute, because while I can address your concerns, it appears you aren't able to address some of mine.

And creecher, if you're going to be giving English lessons you should know the difference between "your" and "you're" and that the word you were looking to use is "moot", not "mute". Just being a pedant ;-)

Last edited:
I like how EB's came out more than HT. I have no use for two Godfathers so I'm going with EB.

The eyes are looking much better than in the earlier pictures that were released. The chair seems on a par with HT to me, and the cat looks as bad as HT's (but in a different way). The addition of the pen is a nice touch - a much better pack-in than the printed background as far as I'm concerned - but I wouldn't use either item so it's irrelevant. I think, based purely on pictures, that EB and HT have pros and cons that will have the two figures come out pretty even.

And creecher, if you're going to be giving English lessons you should know the difference between "your" and "you're" and that the word you were looking to use is "moot", not "mute". Just being a pedant ;-)

I think the chair defo goes to eb. Check out the details of the carvings. It look more like the real thing. It looks carved in. Plus the paint of the wood looks more authentic.

GF_Final_1.jpg

GF_Final_4.jpg

,..Sorry, but the head stills too chubby and round!!!!
The forehead is off,..the nose too large... and the eyes are way way too small on the EB!,.. HT did it much better! Even the paint looks more true to the movie on the HT!,.. you peeps that says the EB is better needs to watch the movie again!!

336godfather1.jpg

Godfather15.jpg

brando.jpg

godfather35.jpg

Last edited:
I still don't see this "chubbiness" or "fatness" in the face. I really don't. Especially when comparing these 2 shots:

GF_Final_4.jpg

336godfather1.jpg

I can't see those 2 pics and say: "Hell no, that sculpt looks too fat! Hot Toys is much better!!!". I can compliment both sculpts for what they are, but I can't in all honesty say that the HT is just THAT MUCH better. That's just me of course.

At this point it's a matter of personal preference. Given these last shots I give EB the edge. I was waiting to make a decision (I was eyeballing that HT exclusive still sitting at the Sideshow website to get it with reward points), but I gotta go with the realism I see from the EB on this one.

Like someone else said, I don't need two Godfather 12" figures in my collection and it will be a hassle to return one or the other after a hands on comparison. I'll use the points to help fund a Back in Black Spidey statue instead.

It really does look like a very even match between the two... I do think that EB's paint and the chair and cat accessories are definitely better, but the suit, sculpt and dio are wins for HT.

Either way I think collectors are winning out here.

:lol

I guess I did make one spelling mistake.
219s4lk.jpg

But when I said mute. I meant it. :lol Okay, I give up. Can we stop with the frivolity now?

I can see what people are saying about the 'chubbiness'. The height of the face isn't long enough, giving it an altered appearance, it does look to be more squat, but pictures do lie, and the movie stills don't convey the correct colour because I see three different colours. Sorry, color, just in case. :lol I do think the HT is too dark, but with the amount of picture distortions, I'm guessing I'll never know for sure.

In the end, when I get the Enterbay fig, I'll be doing my comparing against the other. They may both be the same, height wise.

It's hard to tell from the pics about the chair as well. I think the HT looks like it has a higher back, and the two new Enterbay pics of it, look different to each other. In one the gold highlights don't appear as pronounced as on the other.

The suit shirt looks more accurate on the Enterbay. I'm referring to the buttons. The rest of the suit I find difficult to tell. The dio and base HT have included are a nice add on.

I'm done with the whole "which one is better" debate, at the end of the day these companys couldn't give a damn about any of us on a personal level anyway so who cares.

I think the HT's one looks fantastic but I also see some great positives with Enterbays too. Their paint apps are unmatched and superior to any other company.

To those that chose this one over the HT's one congrats, I hope you are all happy with your purchase. Enjoy. Its a great time in collecting to have not one but two excellent figure of an absolute classic film.

Very well done Enterbay :)

RANK OF THE BEST GODFATHERS :

1- ENTERBAY

GF_Final_1.jpg

2- Hot Toys

godfather.jpg

3-----> Sideshow :lol:lol:lol

godfather.jpg

Ditto that snake, i still don't think the EB version is 'better' per se. Agree with the chubbyness which in turn sends the likeness a tad off, but man, it looks unbelievable, really tempted to pick it up also, just because it's such a cool figure too. Will def wait for in hand pics though!
LOL@ above 2 posts. Man, that is the worst pic of the HT figure i've ever seen lol! And the SS one looks like dracula :p

the HT face has that "...and then they'll fear you" expression. that's right, when you see the HT ver, he looks like he means business.

whereas the EB ver has a kinder, more reflective kind of expression going on. he's not pissed, nor is he telling anyone "...you never showed me respect, good luck getting help from someone else"

so here's an idea, if you guys got the cash, get both figs. both are phenomenal. both look like the GF. and bonus? they both have different expressions.

OMG! these figs look awsome ive never seen the movie but look at both HT and enterbay the sclupts are insane. Its gonna be a crap shoot depending on the paint app.

Ok now that EB has finally released pics https://www.enterbay.com/blog/?p=871 here is what I think...looks like a great figure with a top notch paint and sculpt, except that the eyes look like he's looking at the floor all the time. Is it just me or does it seem like that ? I can't comment on the suit cuz I can't tell the difference from that one and HT. The other thing even though it seems minimal, is the backdrop and base. Standard stand with EB and a carpeted platform and gold plated name with HT. I purchased the HT and love it so I'm happy with my purchase.

Back