Enterbay: GODFATHER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gonna be a very close run race. Untill you have both sitting in front of you, look at them under differeing lights, examine the outfits and pose them... who knows?
Put simply, whichever you get, you have a fantastic figure of the Don, a figure you couldn't have imagined owning just a couple of years ago, it's a win win situation. It's like whether you prefer Ferrari's or Lamborghini', just enjoy your choice!

I agree.

as for Ferrari or Lambo - Nah!

I'll take a Zonda!!:D

is this actually happening? are you guys serious? both HT and EB did an effin spectacular holy **** wtf awesome amazing job...and this is one friggin character!!

seriously, damn. let's drop this whole issue. no one is gonna change their minds. just enjoy both amazing figures from both amazing companies.

we the fans of TOYS are really lucky.

GROW UP guys.

Last time I visited London I saw one driven by an old lady.

Very impressive to see it going through the hectic modern traffic.

Yep, it came from a classic time when elegance was as important as performance, sadly I find most modern road cars look so aesthetically dull, it's like they all came out of the same wind tunnel... which essentially they did.
And the majority of modern 'sports', high performance vehicles look like an over enthusiastic school boy has just let his tasteless fantasy run away with him... but that's just my opinion... were here to talk about much more important things... toys!!!

I still say hands on evaluation of both figures is the final determinant, but going by that last set of pics I give a slight edge to EB. I can see that they tried to go for the realism factor.

The puffy eyes (or whatever) seems to have been more due to the angle/lighting of the first set of pics. If you don't drop that top eye lid as it is shown now in this last set of pics then the eyes would have that "blank" stare some see on the HT version.

IMHO I think it looks pretty sweet actually, if I were to rate the 2 companys attempts I would do it like this:

Likeness: Hot Toys (The proportions and "age" is more accurate)
Paint: Enterbay (Unreal paint as usual)
Suit: Hot Toys (although they both "bunch" the Hot Toys suit looks like a better fit)

The Enterbay version looks like Brando now with the recent pics having better lighting but if I can just nitpick for a second his eyes still look too swollen and his overall look appears too old for some reason. I actually see the jaw as the best feature .................... I dunno there is just something about the eyes that sets it off. Also the suit jacket looks funny ..... too small.

Enterbay 9.5/10
Hot Toys 9.8/10

Overall I think they both did a stellar job! Bravo EB and HT's. As someone mentioned way back, as a Godfather fan we are very lucky to have such beautiful looking figures.

Regardless of which one you choose, they will both look amazing in anyones collection.

GF_Final_7.jpg

Gotta say that looks very real. I am still blown away by how real the Jack Bauer HS+paint is (the best head in the industry ATM IMO) so I am sure this Don will do the same. When is EB's Don shipping? and isn't he come with the chair as well?

Pics of what’s included will be available soon, accessories so fresh, think they are taking pics now!

Those pictures looks great...
if that's the actual figure, not the proto,
Very close call...
HT has a weird tan, but their sculpt is a bit better...

This is true but only in pics ............. in person there is no tan. Its just an odd piece to photograph. The Enterbay one photographs very well imo.

Back