Enterbay - Game Of Death - Bruce Lee (75th Anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing beats this statue of Johnny from 'The Last Dragon .....

IMG_5773.jpg

4432ff90d5871c9d4124b4cdf9685671.jpg

Can you show us a pic with the hair removed on both sculpts because I can't see how anything can save the likeness of those sculpts, they look horrible.

I don't have it anymore. But maybe someone else here that has it can. At least in hand, to me, they looked really good, but with the hair not so much.

But the regular with an Enterbay hair piece was very good.

Here is another pic instead. For the price and overall package, the DX 04 is still the best Bruce Lee figure you could get at that time.

I don't have it anymore. But maybe someone else here that has it can. At least in hand, to me, they looked really good, but with the hair not so much.

But the regular with an Enterbay hair piece was very good.

I don't see how the hair could make or break the DX04 sculpts since the smiley sculpt looks good regardless of what hair is on it. I have been just watching some you tube clips of the DX04 sculpts, and I must admit at times I can see likeness in the sculpts. Now some of this I believe has to do with looking at the sculpt on certain angles and the other has to do with the PERS system. I noticed that most of the time when the eyes are facing sideways both sculpts actually look like Bruce Lee.

Here is another pic instead.

I see can see some likeness there, and I am guessing this is because the eyes are facing sideways on the normal sculpt. So that is the version B hair piece on the normal sculpt? It does look better but not night and day difference better.

For the price and overall package, the DX 04 is still the best Bruce Lee figure you could get at that time.

Maybe the best figure when you consider overall package as it is a nice set but still not the best figure with the best likeness at the time, as the Nokia/ Version A sculpt still beats both sculpts hands down. Maybe the sculpts would have looked better if they didn't use the PERS as that usually messes up the likeness.

Last edited:
Any idea how much the DX Bruce lee is worth nowadays? So many Bruce Lee choices from enterbay onwards..

the BD sculpt from the DX looks the best,and yes with the hair off it does have a good likeness(I've got the VB ETD hair on mine)which looks better than the flat DX hair.the calm sculpt is (to me)average and this 75th sculpt reminds me of that.regarding the DX set I would think $300 would get you the 1 body version.
how true steve.i've seen both A&B hit $450-$600.some want even moe,but that's ebay:lol

the BD sculpt from the DX looks the best,and yes with the hair off it does have a good likeness(I've got the VB ETD hair on mine)which looks better than the flat DX hair.the calm sculpt is (to me)average and this 75th sculpt reminds me of that.regarding the DX set I would think $300 would get you the 1 body version.

I really can't see how the hair could improve the likeness of it. Does the hair make the shape of the sculpt look different? :huh

how true steve.i've seen both A&B hit $450-$600.some want even moe,but that's ebay:lol

Well there's one on ebay now for $650 BIN, so that is a pretty good BIN price, considering that is what they go for in auction.

with the hair swap it sits lower on the forehead and at the sides,maybe it's the overall shape? but it does work:lol
maybe I should stick my A&B UP FOR $1500 for the pair:rotfl
just checked the EB hair has more volume all round,giving the ''big hair'' look:lol

Last edited:
Here's a question, of all the Bruce Lee 1/6 figures, which ones do you like most? And which one would you guys recommend if I want just one definitive one?
Enterbay Green Hornet
Enterbay Bruce Lee (Enter The Dragon version)
Enterbay Bruce Lee Real Masterpiece (Game of Death version)
Hot Toys DX Bruce Lee
Hot Toys Bruce Lee (Casual wear and Suit version)

the cheapest will be the suit/casual(great likeness,but kinda boring)the EB ETD VERY pricey,but vA is the top one for me.the rest should cost about $300.depends what you want really.

I don't see how the hair could make or break the DX04 sculpts since the smiley sculpt looks good regardless of what hair is on it. I have been just watching some you tube clips of the DX04 sculpts, and I must admit at times I can see likeness in the sculpts. Now some of this I believe has to do with looking at the sculpt on certain angles and the other has to do with the PERS system. I noticed that most of the time when the eyes are facing sideways both sculpts actually look like Bruce Lee.

I see can see some likeness there, and I am guessing this is because the eyes are facing sideways on the normal sculpt. So that is the version B hair piece on the normal sculpt? It does look better but not night and day difference better.

Maybe the best figure when you consider overall package as it is a nice set but still not the best figure with the best likeness at the time, as the Nokia/ Version A sculpt still beats both sculpts hands down. Maybe the sculpts would have looked better if they didn't use the PERS as that usually messes up the likeness.
Im not saying it is the best likeness, but you got two figures (exclusive) with tons of accessories and display options for $200.

If we go the likeness way, I still prefer the likeness on the DX 04 calm than the new Enterbay one. Plus, its got moveable eyes.

And the hair is from the Nokia version.

I really can't see how the hair could improve the likeness of it. Does the hair make the shape of the sculpt look different? :huh

It changes the shaped of the head, that's all, and frames the face so proportions as a whole look better.

Here's a question, of all the Bruce Lee 1/6 figures, which ones do you like most? And which one would you guys recommend if I want just one definitive one?
Enterbay Green Hornet
Enterbay Bruce Lee (Enter The Dragon version)
Enterbay Bruce Lee Real Masterpiece (Game of Death version)
Hot Toys DX Bruce Lee
Hot Toys Bruce Lee (Casual wear and Suit version)
None. Enterbay FoF would be my pic.

Can you please show us a pic of yours then Chris?

the cheapest will be the suit/casual(great likeness,but kinda boring)the EB ETD VERY pricey,but vA is the top one for me.the rest should cost about $300.depends what you want really.

Im not saying it is the best likeness, but you got two figures (exclusive) with tons of accessories and display options for $200.

Yeah it's a nice set for sure and I agree you get more bang for your buck.

If we go the likeness way, I still prefer the likeness on the DX 04 calm than the new Enterbay one. Plus, its got moveable eyes.

And the hair is from the Nokia version.

IDK they look very similar to me and I think the movable eyes on the DX04 normal sculpt is the reason why it sometimes looks good and sometimes looks bad. Although Chris says it always looks bad so maybe my point is invalid.:dunno

It changes the shaped of the head, that's all, and frames the face so proportions as a whole look better.

That's what I figured, similar to how painting the sides on the WOD 1/4 sculpt gets rid of that wide heart shape face and makes it appear more accurate like it does here when painted with the GOD hair style.

However, the thing is that the 1/4 WOD sculpt actually has quite good core likeness, whereas DX04 sculpts don't IMO.

Can you please show us a pic of yours then Chris?

Yeah it's a nice set for sure and I agree you get more bang for your buck.

IDK they look very similar to me and I think the movable eyes on the DX04 normal sculpt is the reason why it sometimes looks good and sometimes looks bad. Although Chris says it always looks bad so maybe my point is invalid.:dunno

That's what I figured, similar to how painting the sides on the WOD 1/4 sculpt gets rid of that wide heart shape face and makes it appear more accurate like it does here when painted with the GOD hair style.

However, the thing is that the 1/4 WOD sculpt actually has quite good core likeness, whereas DX04 sculpts don't IMO.
The Enterbay 1/4 is a very nice figure. The only reason I did not get it was the fixed eyes to the side. Thst limits the posing options. I know some of you guys don't care about that, but I do.

The likeness is also way better than the DX 04 and specialy the latest Enterbay figures.

The Enterbay 1/4 is a very nice figure.

Yeah it's there only non Arnie EB sculpt that looks like Bruce, but the jaw shape is just too wide, the painted hair GOD mod makes a huge difference as it makes the face appear skinnier and thus, more accurate.

The only reason I did not get it was the fixed eyes to the side. Thst limits the posing options. I know some of you guys don't care about that, but I do.

Well the problem with movable eyes is that they look fake and toy like, which is why EB scrapped the idea. Just look at the Batman Returns Hot Toys figure, the eyes are massive and look so dam fake, it is just as well they are hidden deep within the cowl.

The likeness is also way better than the DX 04 and specialy the latest Enterbay figures.

Sure is but Rovo's proto was better, although the core likeness on both are pretty much the same, it's just that the jaw and head shape are better, not to mention the cheek bones on Rovo's one are more prominent.

Well the problem with movable eyes is that they look fake and toy like, which is why EB scrapped the idea. Just look at the Batman Returns Hot Toys figure, the eyes are massive and look so dam fake, it is just as well they are hidden deep within the cowl.

It did not necessarily had to be movable. Looking straight would have been enough. Opens up posing possibilities. And both sculpts are looking to the side; one would have been enough.

It did not necessarily had to be movable. Looking straight would have been enough. Opens up posing possibilities.

Yeah I agree with that but some sculpts look better with the eyes facing sideways, like the Blitzway GOD sculpt looks a lot better with the eyes facing sideways, they really messed that sculpt up by making them look "straight".

And both sculpts are looking to the side; one would have been enough.

Not to mention they are looking towards the same side. EB is just :cuckoo:

Last edited:
I think everyone will have their favorite,The DX04 is very good value,but even with 2 bodies the calm head lets it down(IMO).and opinions will differ.the EB FOF is/was a better buy with the extra body as it came with a wooden dio not the card/plastic one on the DX.this set would have been an instant buy with a better likeness in the sculpt,but to me the last couple of BL from EB have been pretty poor in the sculpt likeness.
Just come on from a hard days work Steve,I'll up a pic of the DX with EB hair when I get a min.for me this release is not worthy of the 75th tag,and again just my thoughts many will disagree.

Back