Enterbay - Game Of Death - Bruce Lee (75th Anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have said this before somewhere; looking at Lee photos online, I'm once again stunned by the plasticity of his face. Many actors have this quality so it shouldn't be a surprise.

A fighter/martial artist's face can also change appearance based on where they are weight and training-wise.

Lee's face does appear longer to me in several GoD shots. He appears very lean and with longer hair in EtD, and more rounded and (relatively) bulky in other films.

It must be very frustrating to sculpt him.

Based on some screen grabs from GoD, this one isn't as bad as I thought, but still off, IMO. Then again, I see a lot of Lee in the calm HT EtD sculpt, and many people dislike that one. :dunno

Subjective facial recognition is fascinating.

I may have said this before somewhere; looking at Lee photos online, I'm once again stunned by the plasticity of his face. Many actors have this quality so it shouldn't be a surprise.

A fighter/martial artist's face can also change appearance based on where they are weight and training-wise.

Lee's face does appear longer to me in several GoD shots. He appears very lean and with longer hair in EtD, and more rounded and (relatively) bulky in other films.

It must be very frustrating to sculpt him.

Based on some screen grabs from GoD, this one isn't as bad as I thought, but still off, IMO. Then again, I see a lot of Lee in the calm HT EtD sculpt, and many people dislike that one. :dunno

Subjective facial recognition is fascinating.
Both HT sculpts have great likeness. If you remove the hair on the HT EtD, the likeness is very good. The hair kind of ruins it.

So I got a Bruce Lee bluray box set, & watched a bit of Game Of Death. Looking at the actual sculpt, & not EB's promo pics, I don't really see horse face Bruce Lee that much now. Sculpt is once again looking good to me. Good, not perfect.

that's what counts larry,you bought it and your happy with it.to me to pay out £200+ it would need to at least match the likeness of my older BL,it's better painted etc but lacks(to me)the main thing for me to want to add it to my collection.(at best i'd think about getting that ''custom'' set @ $55 it's worth it for the suit shoes and chucks(with a head thrown in:wink1:)
what box set did you get(german?)as that should play in your region as the US version is region A locked.

I guess this is what it looks like with the eyes looking forward.

10312573_487617221417365_6312696630574247527_n.jpg

1930850_487617218084032_3704381783553970169_n.jpg

That looks horrible !!!!!!!

Is that what people constantly see when they keep on ripping on the sculpt? Then I agree, it does look nothing like Bruce.

But when he's looking to the side, I think the likeness looks great. So strange.

It was a 4 movie set (all his popular martial art movies not including EtD) by 'Beyond Home Entertainment', but I see 'Fortune Star' mentioned as well. Purchased from 'JB Hi Fi'. Not sure if they have that store where you are Chris.

xBU8ubk.png

ByozudH.png

Could be a redone version of the US setif there's the 40min cut of GOD as an extra.I've the movies only German box.the 4 disc US set with great extras.and the UK versions with different extras..yeah I'm a tad OTT.

It has that special short Game Of Death cut. That's what I watched. Would have been cool to see a cocky Bruce Lee character, & another movie with his actual voice.

yeah it has the mike leeder commentary same as the US version.the UK has that and they bey logan one(which I think is better)yeah that's what I like about bruce in that cut,it's like he's playing himself.hence why I was hoping for a better/different sculpt,this apart from likeness issues is a bit boring(I said the same about blitzway's GOD)but likeness is way better.

I think it's because of the likeness issues, is why it might be boring for some. Same expression, but with a way better likeness, would make it not so boring I think. With Arnie maybe sculpting the Storm Collectibles 1/6, we might get what we've been wanting (in terms of likeness) for years with that figure.

The U.S. BD set released a couple of years ago is terrible but I had to have it. The U.K. DVD versions are the best because of the Bey Logan commentaries. I bought the Japanese "Bruce Lee in G.o.D." years ago because it was the only way to get an anamorphic cut of the fight scenes. "A Warrior's Journey" was good but it was a let down when it only contained a scratchy letterboxed version of G.o.D.

the bey logan commentaries are on the recent UK blu rays released by medium rare.and brandons 1st movie legacy of rage is now ''uncut'' in the UK on blu ray by the same company,the only worldwide release of it.has a great transfer too.

the bey logan commentaries are on the recent UK blu rays released by medium rare.and brandons 1st movie legacy of rage is now ''uncut'' in the UK on blu ray by the same company,the only worldwide release of it.has a great transfer too.

I was just on Amazon.co.uk and they look like individual releases. Is there a boxset available? Is the pic. quality the same as the HK BD and US BD releases? Thanks.

there are separate releases,and yes the transfer is direct from the fourtune star masters,same as the US.but they contain different extras,but the 40 min GOD appears to be the same as the UK dvd's from HK legends(which was taken from the bruce lee in GOD japan dvd).

Both HT sculpts have great likeness. If you remove the hair on the HT EtD, the likeness is very good. The hair kind of ruins it.

Can you show us a pic with the hair removed on both sculpts because I can't see how anything can save the likeness of those sculpts, they look horrible.

I'll take the $140 ETD enterbay anyday.

Hard to get at price now Chris. :wink1:

Back