Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you decide to mark a stronger footprint - be sure to have it placed clearly in the midle, and not on just the left side (as shown in the Beijing Exhibition Show back in May).

By the way, any flaws on your DB head ?

Me? Make a stronger footprint? :lol You overestimate my artistic ability :lol As for the head. There's a little bit of dried up glue (I presume) on the inside of the head, maybe from the removal of the EVision system :dunno & earlier I noticed when I shook the head around, one of the eyes would get misplaced, I assumend from it being a bit loose. Strangely now when I shake the head, it's not happening. Weird. It was happening earlier though. Don't know how I fixed it (If I did at all) :dunno Any paint rubs or blemishes? Not that I've noticed. It's a good sculpt. When I take pics of it though, it decides it doesn't want to be a good sculpt that often :lol It's a mystery to me :lol

hardcore indeed! well at least you know firsthand what the footprint suit really looks like..

mine's scheduled to come in july so still gotta wait.. probably will be the 3rd or 4th wave after all the early birds' order so should be all fixed.. we'll see

The price was one of the things that made me pause for a bit. Most I've spent (that I can recall) on an action figure. I'm the guy, who not so long ago, would wait for $40 figures to go to bargain prices :lol Now I'm hanging with the popular kids at HT & EB :lol

Feels like I'm spamming this thread (unintentionally of course) :lol

The art of spamming without spamming :slap

cant believe your getting offensive posts..... would have thought most people would love to be ripped off to the tune of $300 and then get some condesending divvy telling them to be happy with a cross eyed ken doll!

For being a good boy and not resorting to negative badgering :monkey3

Plus - I think some idiot did me a favor by accusing me of working for EB on the FB page. I think the guy is actually a member of SSF too LOL.

Good for you man!
:clap

If yours does have the eye mechanism - I would keep it and not send to EB. You can buy a painted head in July. A head with the eye mechanism will be super rare I imagine.

yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

The price was one of the things that made me pause for a bit. Most I've spent (that I can recall) on an action figure. I'm the guy, who not so long ago, would wait for $40 figures to go to bargain prices :lol Now I'm hanging with the popular kids at HT & EB :lol

good for you! i've acquired the skill of 'looking beyond the price tag' for figures that i really really really like, sometimes even falling prey to scalpers when i don't get something on time. but i think its all worth it.:)

I'm washing my hands of the whole debate. Making full payment on the GOD dio tomorrow so I'll just focus my energy on customizing the dio - and customizing one of the EB GODs. Fix what you think isn't right - that's always been my motto.

Don;t forget to pick me up an EB GOD figure and dio too :wink1 :lecture

Figures that the first EB figure that I decide to get in on from the beginning turns out to be the one surrounded by controversy.

I agree with you about the marketing of the figure. I'm just a glass half full guy. All I can do now is focus on what's right with the figure, try to fix what's wrong with it, and enjoy it (since I own it).

Life's too short.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost::hi5:

Don't let what others say influence you about the figure. EB Ip Man was my 1st figure from them and he takes a good bashing, but I love that figure and will get another 1 down the pipe line for certain :D

The sentiment's that have been echoed here about EB's poor communication are really the biggest gripe I have as well. If they would simply make a statement explaining that they made "X" changes b/c the end product looked best that way, I'm sure most collector's would be happy with that.

Instead, they opt to try and throw a fast ball bye us without realizing (or caring) that most of the collector's in the community pay extremely close attention to every single detail. So when they try to do ninja changes to the figure and then pass it off like it's exactly like the prototype, EB comes away looking extremely bad.

In the end I'll probably pick this up despite it's flaws and despite EB's poor communication, mainly b/c I'm a Bruce fanatic and have to have a GOD Bruce that isn't a bash.

There's a guy on the FB page who is saying that lighting doesn't matter when taking pics of 1/6 figures. That if the sculpt is good - it will look good no matter what the lighting condition is.

Do you guys agree with this statement? I for one have had difficulty taking good pics of 1/6 figures - no matter what maker. Especially human form figures with flesh tone.

There's a guy on the FB page who is saying that lighting doesn't matter when taking pics of 1/6 figures. That if the sculpt is good - it will look good no matter what the lighting condition is.

Do you guys agree with this statement? I for one have had difficulty taking good pics of 1/6 figures - no matter what maker. Especially human form figures with flesh tone.

i totally disagree with that person...i'm not an expert about photography...having only taking couple pictures of my collection i know that lighting is the essence of having good pictures that can capture the awesomeness of a figure in hand..

That's been my experience. There are quite a few HT and Medicom figures I have that are amazing looking. Then I take pics to show my friends and family - and they don't see what the big deal is because the pics don't capture the subtle details that you see first hand.

Well this guy is quite obviously an idiot. Any artist or photographer or film maker knows that lighting is an essential component of communicating form. You can take a white ball and light it in such a way that it looks like a dinner plate. Lighting matters, and the lens is important too.

this is epicccccc:fireworks

Lighting is everything. You can see more of the 5o'clock shadow and eyebrows are darker. So paint is there. Again - inhand everything will pop much better.

Rick Bates your right lighting is everything ,,,i find the best lighting for this is to turn the light off all together so you cant ____in see where your $300 got wasted :O)

Well this guy is quite obviously an idiot. Any artist or photographer or film maker knows that lighting is an essential component of communicating form. You can take a white ball and light it in such a way that it looks like a dinner plate. Lighting matters, and the lens is important too.

Yeah. And think of actors and actresses as examples too. There's a reason why there are lighting experts trained specifically on how to light the actors on a stage. The wrong lighting and you can make a model look like a crack head.

What the guy's saying is like saying the lighting on a movie set can be random as long as there's a good make-up artist to paint the actor's faces.

I was taking a bunch of pics earlier of the BD HS, with only a few I felt that came kinda close to capturing the coolness of the sculpt. Even the DX can look different at times. Then I take pics of my NECA figures (flash on/off, day/night, whatever) & whaddayaknow, they look like my NECA figures :dunno :lol

Poor EB Bruce isn't really so photogenic some/most times.

Anybody see a bad pic of HT's smiling BL's (not counting the cross eyed one)? Now that sculpt seems photogenic :clap

Edit: Oops, oh yeah, I think lighting matters :D

I was taking a bunch of pics earlier of the BD HS, with only a few I felt that came kinda close to capturing the coolness of the sculpt. Even the DX can look different at times. Then I take pics of my NECA figures (flash on/off, day/night, whatever) & whaddayaknow, they look like my NECA figures :dunno :lol

Poor EB Bruce isn't really so photogenic some/most times.

Anybody see a bad pic of HT's smiling BL's (not counting the cross eyed one)? Now that sculpt seems photogenic :clap

Edit: Oops, oh yeah, I think lighting matters :D
Lighting is crucial, and a decent camera is too if you're trying to capture 1/6 figures on film. These are the 2 reasons I haven't made a thread in the 'Show your shelves' forum :lol

Back