Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Larry. This thread has taken a crazy turn. Is lighting important? I'd hate to see how this guy sets up his G.O.D. moviemaking accessories. Lens choice is important, color balance is important. It's all important. That's why your DMV photo always sucks.

Well, I've boxed up the heads to go back, so that's it for photos for a while. Sorry I never shot any of the BD suit. Mine's footprint is very faint, though overall the suit looks pleasingly punished. Creecher asked about my camera; it did indeed come with the cloth sound muffler for the film magazine. On close inspection, the black plastic tray that houses the BD head, the camera equipment, the stand and the BD outfit was surprisingly shredded when I took it out to look at it. Being all black and at the bottom of the box, I didn't really see it at first. It wasn't just the sections that held the metal parts; even the cavity for the BD head was torn completely open. Must have been a lot of vibration on the voyage.

Having my shots turn up the same day on Facebook was a surprise. I was relieved when I realized the person who posted them didn't intend the negative response those hecklers posted. Since I sent two of the shots to Customer Service with my exchange request, Enterbay knows I took them, and they've been quick and responded favorably to my email, so I'd hate to have them think I'm a two-faced rabble rouser. I'll have to send 'em a note with the heads.

Another day, another figure, I'll have to get back to shooting more. Collect for Life, as Sideshow used to say.

Gruff. That same guy hasn't said a peep about any of your photos on FB. He chose the absolute worst pic of the BD head possible and says that that one pic "doesn't lie". I even replied to his post asking how it is that the recently posted pics (Gruff's) look dramatically better than the pic he says is definitive - if lighting doesn't matter? But he complete dodges the issue - saying that I "simply don't want to see the truth".

He looks AWESOME!His hair looks different so what did you do to make him look better?:wink1:

is a hairpiece from enterbay enter the dragon a
I had to modify the hairpiece and the dx headsculpt to fit in but I think it looks better than the original one.

Thanks for the link, I did some reading & found out that IKEA was banned here :thud:

"The Environment Court has banned the Swedish-headquartered furniture business ..... blah blah blah ..... because its stores are so popular it is feared traffic chaos will ensue. Ikea stores are known to have high traffic-generating characteristics"

:lol That sounds like a bogus reason :pfft:

I think the joints are not movie accurate :dunno

Hahahaha brilliant! :clap :goodpost: :exactly:

He looks like he's wearing a toupee :rotfl

Thanks for the link, I did some reading & found out that IKEA was banned here :thud:

"The Environment Court has banned the Swedish-headquartered furniture business ..... blah blah blah ..... because its stores are so popular it is feared traffic chaos will ensue. Ikea stores are known to have high traffic-generating characteristics"

:lol That sounds like a bogus reason :pfft:

Banned? What the ........? Haha! Where do you live?

There's a guy on the FB page who is saying that lighting doesn't matter when taking pics of 1/6 figures. That if the sculpt is good - it will look good no matter what the lighting condition is.

Do you guys agree with this statement? I for one have had difficulty taking good pics of 1/6 figures - no matter what maker. Especially human form figures with flesh tone.

In controlling your lighting you control your shadows. Shadow information controls how the form of the object is communicated. So yes, lighting is very important in how accurately portrayed the sculpt will be :)

In controlling your lighting you control your shadows. Shadow information controls how the form of the object is communicated. So yes, lighting is very important in how accurately portrayed the sculpt will be :)

I am the one who has posted the pics of gruff and larry on the enterbay facebook page, there ARE A LOT OF GUYS ARE VERY ANGER WITH ENTERBAY for the epic AWFUL final product, but nobody has posted good pictures as well to give him a little bit of justice.
So I have found here some good pictures and I have show to them the figure was not so bad at all.
Light is all, never use the flash and you will have the best shot of your figure.

I am the one who has posted the pics of gruff and larry on the enterbay facebook page, there ARE A LOT OF GUYS ARE VERY ANGER WITH ENTERBAY for the epic AWFUL final product, but nobody has posted good pictures as well to give him a little bit of justice.
So I have found here some good pictures and I have show to them the figure was not so bad at all.
Light is all, never use the flash and you will have the best shot of your figure.

Wait ..... did you say my pics are full of fail? .....
:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl
You're welcome :pfft:

Edit: Hey can you give me the link to my pics on facebook? I'm curious what peeps are saying over there, but I don't have a facebook, so I don't know how to get there :D

There's nothing wrong with using a fill flash, so long as it doesn't blow out the detail :)

Wait ..... did you say my pics are full of fail? .....
:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl
You're welcome :pfft:

Edit: Hey can you give me the link to my pics on facebook? I'm curious what peeps are saying over there, but I don't have a facebook, so I don't know how to get there :D

I have never spoke about your pictures, I have spoke about the epic fail of enterbay with the final product as well.Your have the best pics I have found in days and days,and I had need to calm dow the war in eb facebook page..take a look

You fail. :slap:slap:slap

why ? nobody had posted good pictures of this figure and all the costumers was very anger for the epic fail by enterbay all the bad pics was around at the moment were terrible.
I have never said these are my pics I have posted pics.there is not copyright for web pics.
I am not fail anything.

I have never spoke about your pictures, I have spoke about the epic fail of enterbay with the final product as well.Your have the best pics I have found in days and days,and I had need to calm dow the war in eb facebook page..take a look

Thanks for the link :D

This pic of mine is keeping things a bit positive over there :D
ebbl4.jpg

:hi5: myself :cool:

why ? nobody had posted good pictures of this figure and all the costumers was very anger for the epic fail by enterbay all the bad pics was around at the moment were terrible.
I have never said these are my pics I have posted pics.there is not copyright for web pics.
I am not fail anything.

You're failing at decency and common courtesy. You simply could have asked to use the pics but instead just took them and did as you pleased, just like when Ebay flippers take pics from these forums and use them to sell goods that aren't theirs.

Thanks for the link :D

This pic of mine is keeping things a bit positive over there :D
ebbl4.jpg

:hi5: myself :cool:

have you read all the comments this is epic:

Truong Tin: Lighting is everything. You can see more of the 5o'clock shadow and eyebrows are darker. So paint is there. Again - inhand everything will pop much better.

Rick Bates: your right lighting is everything ,,,i find the best lighting for this is to turn the light off all together so you cant ____in see where your $300 got wasted :O)

Back