Enterbay future releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably. Well, i just collect 1:4 so i can't wait to new release such as Predator, Bane, etc. Fingers crossed !

Good news on the Basketball line--I still have to pick up Jordan, then only interested in Rodman, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe 2.0 unless they start doing some classics like Bird, Magic and Kareem. Are the Terminators 1:4 or 1:6? I may be dropping the EB 1:4 figs. Good to see they aren't trying to go head to head with HT on everything, but they need to get some more movie licenses. Probably stung by the backlash from Django.

Man I would love a Van Damme figure but I'll be pretty disappointed if it's a "celebrity" figure. I'd much rather it be from Bloodsport.

what's so hard to understand? he's an Asian basketball player and this is an Asian company. they don't have too many Asian players to choose from so they gotta make do with what they can.

:goodpost::exactly:

Thank you for reminding some people that fact. I wish you would also post this same thing to threads bashing HT for spending time with Leslie Cheung figures instead of something else, like maybe more Marvel or Batman or Predator or Terminator figures.

what's so hard to understand? he's an Asian basketball player and this is an Asian company. they don't have too many Asian players to choose from so they gotta make do with what they can.

Then make a Yao Ming. I understand the logic behind catering to an Asian audience but Jeremy Lin - besides his 15 minutes of fame in the 2011-2012 season - is a very average player now (13PPG/6APG).

The pool of players that Hot Toys chooses from is quite large. They can choose Magic Johnson, Bird, Kareem, Carmelo, Barkley, Pippen, Durant, Duncan, Oscar Robertson, the Malones, Stockton or Garnett to name a few. If they want an Asian - Yao Ming makes more sense.

Then make a Yao Ming. I understand the logic behind catering to an Asian audience but Jeremy Lin - besides his 15 minutes of fame in the 2011-2012 season - is a very average player now (13PPG/6APG).

The pool of players that Hot Toys chooses from is quite large. They can choose Magic Johnson, Bird, Kareem, Carmelo, Barkley, Pippen, Durant, Duncan, Oscar Robertson, the Malones, Stockton or Garnett to name a few. If they want an Asian - Yao Ming makes more sense.

I'm not an NBA fan. But I've heard of Jeremy Lin and haven't heard of Yao Ming. That says a lot, sad for the true fans as this may be.

Edit: I just looked up Yao Ming and realised I've seen the guy all over the place.

all those HOF'ers you listed i think they will get to eventually as per this report. i think they're only presently doing current players. so that would eliminate yao out of that discussion. though i'm sure they will make him (again due to the lack of any real asian stars). trust me, i wish there alot more asian star ballers around, but that ain't the case, hence jeremy lin.

I'm not an NBA fan. But I've heard of Jeremy Lin and haven't heard of Yao Ming. That says a lot, sad for the true fans as this may be.

Edit: I just looked up Yao Ming and realised I've seen the guy all over the place.

It makes sense that you've heard of Jeremy Lin and not Yao Ming being that Jeremy is current - although his 15 minutes came only in 2011-2012 - whereas Yao, from seasons ago, is being forgotten about. Just think though - Enterbay could make a ton if they make a second headsculpt:

all those HOF'ers you listed i think they will get to eventually as per this report. i think they're only presently doing current players. so that would eliminate yao out of that discussion. though i'm sure they will make him (again due to the lack of any real asian stars). trust me, i wish there alot more asian star ballers around, but that ain't the case, hence jeremy lin.

I did not realize they were only doing present players. I thought since they made MJ, everyone was eligible.

So EB Batman apparently done and gone- clears HT to take over 1/4 Joker, etc

It makes sense that you've heard of Jeremy Lin and not Yao Ming being that Jeremy is current - although his 15 minutes came only in 2011-2012 - whereas Yao, from seasons ago, is being forgotten about. Just think though - Enterbay could make a ton if they make a second headsculpt:

I did not realize they were only doing present players. I thought since they made MJ, everyone was eligible.

mj was the exception. look at their scheduled lineup of the next several figures...all current players. honestly, kobe version 2 is the only real current player I want, the ones I really want are all retired.

I don't think we'll see as many of the legends as we hope.

These aren't $20 McFarlane figures.
As much as I'm a big fan of his, I don't think there is a market for 2000+ Karl Malone figures (for example)....especially with the need for a lot of these guys to have very unique bodies designed that couldn't really be reused.

I find it kind of hilarious how Enterbay tries to corner a new part of the market in 1/4 figures and HT quickly jumps on the bandwagon just to squash them. They succeed, and then they abandon 1/4 altogether because it was a stupid idea to begin with!

Now Enterbay has an off year after their hottest year last year. If you like Basketball you are in good shape, but it's the sole thing holding them together at the moment.

I really hope they continue with the 1:4 line. We all know there is a bad QC but we also have to say that they are pretty good with likeness. Seriously the Terminator BD is one for the best headsculpt to date

I don't think they're abandoning the 1/4 line altogether, they're just not releasing anything right now besides their basketball line, unfortunately.

So EB Batman apparently done and gone- clears HT to take over 1/4 Joker, etc

Why would you want another Joker? I'm tired of Hot Toys releasing tons of Jokers and Ironmen. EB now has their show and NECA is going to make their more affordable version and let's move on. So tired of the overhype.

Back