Enterbay - Dennis Rodman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a sad experience when you're excited about meeting a celebrity (anyone actually), who is having an "off" day. Did he sign something for you?

I did get his signature on the figure base, he'll only sign 1 item per person (a rule that was implemented after he got :mad:).

Basically, Enterbay screwed up by allowing the 'celebrities' and friends who got into their shop early to have BAGS of items signed. I waited 2 hours outside of Enterbay shop for my turn.

10684122_316534158534331_1909575210_n.jpg

I did get his signature on the figure base, he'll only sign 1 item per person (a rule that was implemented after he got :mad:).

Basically, Enterbay screwed up by allowing the 'celebrities' and friends who got into their shop early to have BAGS of items signed. I waited 2 hours outside of Enterbay shop for my turn.

View attachment 136177

Hey its still cool you got it signed.

And this is Enterbay ...I'm surprised they even managed to get everyone in the right location at the right time.

View attachment 136177

watch out, the base sticker will start to come out once the glue loses it's stickiness. so far i think i'm the only one having this problem.

And one of my floors bubbles up in the middle. My other one is fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear the Rodman signing didn't go so well, I had a chance to meet him a couple years ago in Vegas at a sports memorabilia shop, and it was awesome, although he showed up a little late (somebody said he was just hanging around a hotel pool partying), he was great to the fans. Even signing for people outside the store and taking pictures with them, while the people who paid for tix waited inside. He seemed to be having a good time, I made a few jokes about him being in the nWo with Hogan, and we talked about where he'd be partying later that night. Maybe you got him on a bad day, and it definitely makes a difference on who's handling the signing and how long they've been there.

watch out, the base sticker will start to come out once the glue loses it's stickiness. so far i think i'm the only one having this problem.

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely keep an eye out.

Well, he might look all excited in this pictures, but I was actually in the signing session...

The experience there was a lot worst than I anticipated... the arrangement by Enterbay was poor (we were told that we can bring one friend along to meet with Dennis, but the staff there ended up only allowing me into the shop to have my figure base signed). Also, Dennis was actually pissed off, I think there were too many 'celebrities' who bought too many things for him to sign (again, Enterbay allowed them to request Dennis to sign multiple items, basically pissed him off, before 'us', the fans had a chance to meet with Dennis), he was pissed at having to sign too many items.

When it's my turn, he kept chatting with his 'agent' or whoever that was sitting beside him, never looked me in the eye, did not shake my hand and rejected my request to take a picture with him.

I understand that he may be the 'rebound king', but what can I say...

You shoulda show up in a wedding dress, or a glitter tank top with make up on. That'd prolly cheer him up and treat you better. :lol

So my 2 body Dennis arrived.
Weirdly the ebay seller shoved the 2nd body in the box, between the foam insert and the cardboard outter on the side. That seems ....unprofessional.
The foam has been all squashed because of it but I think will slowly go back to shape.
Other than that ....well everything is perfect......from Enterbay? I just assumed there would be some bad problems and then I'd post here, laughing at myself that I was once again dumb enough to order from Enterbay :D

And I got to say I really REALLY like the figure.
Next to other 1/6 scale (I've got the Expendables2 Sly and the BCS Sherlock set) he really looks like a 6'8" lanky basketball player.
The hair and jersey really makes it stand out against other figures and statues.

The stand system they've got is really well done and the metal pole actually seems very durable.
I even understand Enterbay's choice on the knee joints, as it lets you get him into positions a normal knee joint just isn't capable of.
I have him high up on the stand, leaning back, legs kicking out in bizarre split as he pulls a rebound down with one hand. Iconic Dennis !

Very close to this:
dennis-rodman-rebound.jpg

I might switch to this:
dennis-rodman-rebound-1.jpg

And I can buy a second stand....always loved this:
rodman-rebound.jpg

Highly recommended for NBA and Rodman fans.

I'm glad you pulled the trigger on this one and that you are happy with it!

So my 2 body Dennis arrived.
Weirdly the ebay seller shoved the 2nd body in the box, between the foam insert and the cardboard outter on the side. That seems ....unprofessional.
The foam has been all squashed because of it but I think will slowly go back to shape.
Other than that ....well everything is perfect......from Enterbay? I just assumed there would be some bad problems and then I'd post here, laughing at myself that I was once again dumb enough to order from Enterbay :D

And I got to say I really REALLY like the figure.
Next to other 1/6 scale (I've got the Expendables2 Sly and the BCS Sherlock set) he really looks like a 6'8" lanky basketball player.
The hair and jersey really makes it stand out against other figures and statues.

The stand system they've got is really well done and the metal pole actually seems very durable.
I even understand Enterbay's choice on the knee joints, as it lets you get him into positions a normal knee joint just isn't capable of.
I have him with up hih on the stand, leaning back, legs kicking out in bizarre split as he pulls a rebound down with one hand. Iconic Dennis !

Very close to this:
View attachment 137133

I might switch to this:
View attachment 137135

And I can buy a second stand....always loved this:
View attachment 137137

Highly recommended for NBA and Rodman fans.

Got mine yesterday, and I thought the same thing, I see them online the bodies in a Gold box, but I got mine inserted in the side foam as well and yes just a few minutes ago I was putting away the big stand away in the box, I made my own pair of stands, and the foam was expanded again.

This is my first Enterbay figure and I am totally impressed...only "issue" I had was the magnet in one of his hands was upside down so the ball would only hold on the back of his hand...actually looked very "Globetrotterish". I just removed the cap and flipped the magnet...no foul, all fixed...posing him is fantastic...working on him right now and I will put in a few pics when I am done playing...

I'm glad you pulled the trigger on this one and that you are happy with it!

Thank you! .....I agree that the small head issue disappears with the singlet tucked in properly (or the stand waist clamp pulling it together) and it not at noticeable anyway when you have all 4 limbs splayed out in various directions :D
Its actually quite an imposing piece when he's in 'rebound pose' because of the height of the stand and the figures extra long torso and limbs.

Got mine yesterday, and I thought the same thing, I see them online the bodies in a Gold box, but I got mine inserted in the side foam as well and yes just a few minutes ago I was putting away the big stand away in the box, I made my own pair of stands, and the foam was expanded again.

This is my first Enterbay figure and I am totally impressed...only "issue" I had was the magnet in one of his hands was upside down so the ball would only hold on the back of his hand...actually looked very "Globetrotterish". I just removed the cap and flipped the magnet...no foul, all fixed...posing him is fantastic...working on him right now and I will put in a few pics when I am done playing...

A correctable flipped magnet being the only issue counts as a win when we are talking about Enterbay :)

From all three I am soooo into Rodman.....cant wait to have him soon. Will post it here once I have him and storm toys looks so slow on the work.....

From all three I am soooo into Rodman.....cant wait to have him soon. Will post it here once I have him and storm toys looks so slow on the work.....

Really is a great figure for fans of the worm......its so good I'm wondering if I even need the Storm Collectibles set now.
I like the bodies and clothing in the Storm sets but the sculpts aren't nearly as good and these and the Enterbay bodies are extremely poseable.

I'm getting matthijst to make me some custom Jerseys - black Bulls and gold Lakers :D

You know what's crazy SAB.. I have watched basketball and been a fan all of my life. I was in Jr. High school during the Bulls 6 championship run and I was a Jordan fanatic. But for the life of me I have NO recollection of Rodman playing for the Lakers. I have seen pictures so I know it happened. LOL.. I barely remember Pippen playing for the Rockets but I do remember him in Portland. I think I might have given up basketball in a Jordan depression or something after he retired lol. It's Crazy.

You know what's crazy SAB.. I have watched basketball and been a fan all of my life. I was in Jr. High school during the Bulls 6 championship run and I was a Jordan fanatic. But for the life of me I have NO recollection of Rodman playing for the Lakers. I have seen pictures so I know it happened. LOL.. I barely remember Pippen playing for the Rockets but I do remember him in Portland. I think I might have given up basketball in a Jordan depression or something after he retired lol. It's Crazy.

ha ha well there are some good clips on youtube of his time there (although my single favorite has disappeared)

Post Bulls break up Rodman actually retired and married Carmen Elektra and took to partying full time.
While the Lakers stepped in to fill the void in the post-Bulls world with Shaq in his prime and a young Kobe, they struggled on defense and a grassroots ground swell sort of happened of, 'bring in Rodman!'

Shaq - who had fought with Dennis numerous times on court, and aparently almost once at a diner ha! - started actually saying on camera 'we need Rodman!'
The Lakers owner made it happen and Dennis came out of retirement halfway through the season and signed with the Lakers. It was treated as a big event at the time. Made the cover of Sports Illustrated and the thinking was his experience and legendary work ethic would help form the new dynasty.
-0308_large.jpg

And his skills WERE still there. He could definitely still go.
But he was more dedicated to partying and his celebrity status. Carmen Elektra and his/her entourage would show up at the games partying in the stands. Dennis made no attempt to bring the team a winning focus and instead played up even more than usual since the whole team was a circus. He missed training's, disappeared without notice and did whatever he wanted, clashed with the coaches and generally caused trouble.

He played 23 games and was fired.

At the end of the year, the Lakers got rid of their coaching staff and hired Phil Jackson - someone that knew how to handle Rodman and that Dennis respected, but the Lakers wouldn't hire him back.
The team immediately won 3 championships in a row.
Rodman should have been on that team.....and a lot of credit would have gone to him since he would have shown up around the same time as Jackson and turned everything around.

He is aware of all of the above and regrets it when he talks about it in his book (I should be Dead Now). He could have had 8 championships to his name, making him the single biggest winner of all time, outside the 60s Celtics era!

Its an interesting tale of hubris and fame causing someone to crash & burn.....I've always thought someone should make a doco on it.......long reply sorry :D

I call this photo, 'Rebound King at angle that makes it look like he is missing a leg'

DSC04383resized.jpg

yes i like mine too, i cancelled my ST one to get this one...happy with that decision

Back