ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the quality of the sculpt work on HT's hair, but NECA got the overal silhouette of his hair better. I would agree that NECA's basic head sculpt with the refined sculpting of HT's quality with HT level paint would be the ultimate. This EB head is very close to being just that, but like a-dev said, for every thing that a company gets better than another, the latter gets something right the current one didn't.

There's been a progression.

Kenner > Sideshow > NECA > Hot Toys > Enterbay

Each company over time turns out a better looking overall piece, but, they have all still been flawed. It would be great if someone finally enhanced the flaws of the predecessors and retained the things done right.

Well since you've done it I'll admit that my perfect T2 Arnie headsculpt would borrow heavily from the Neca one. You get jumped on for saying things like that around here and I fully expect it to happen but ___k it. If you could somehow put the front-on face of the EB head into the Neca sculpt, retain all that worked with the Neca, and give the whole thing a HT (and hopefully EB) quality finish and paintjob then IMO you'd have the perfect T2 Arnie, no complaints whatsoever.

It's all about interpretation of words. I don't think anyone would argue that NECA's finish product can compete with HT or EB, they may have fundamentals more accurrate but their sculpts and paint lack the pollish and refinement HT and EB offer. NECA would be a perfect base sculpt for HT or EB to build off of.

And I firmly believe that the neck feature is a key one for any Arnold portrait, especially from T2. HT's head may be compressed or NECA's unrefined, but both having that detail feel much more Arnold than EB's head, despite the quality of the face, certain angles lack because of that feature's absence. It's one of the things that hurts the Sideshow 1/6 portrait. It's a very unique feature that defined Arnold's face in T2, and there are plenty of shots that really highlight it.

Picture092.jpg

To me, the legs look too far apart. It's probably due to the poseable body Enterbay made for this. It looks like you could move each leg in towards the center about 1/4"-1/2". Too much of a gap.

Other than that, the only other thing I don't like is how round his hair is on top. It should be flatter.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm still thinking about getting one.:lol

Man, I've gotta stop peeking in on this thread. Looking at the all the pics of this latest EB T-800 release is tempting me to push the purchase button.

Can't wait to see yor pictures,because I know they will be excellent!

Thanks, I think you give me too much credit - my pics are technically no better than most of us average joe photographers around here - but I certainly look forward to giving it a go.

looks exactly like Arnie to me..........with glasses on :lol. I really don't want to hear anymore comparisons to HT, it's not even close.

Hey Jack, I tried... :(

img5099r.jpg

I see a lot of discuss about the likeness...Here are some pics to discuss about. I focused on the head this time and tried several light positions.

EB > else.

img5107sc.jpg

img5108sc.jpg

img5110sc.jpg

img5116sc.jpg

img5119sc.jpg

img5122sc.jpg

img5128sc.jpg

:hi5:

Thanks for posting the pictures David.I see nothing wrong with the head sculpt or the hair because Arnie's hair changed alot during the filming of T2 in alot of scenes.Someone here posted awhile back all the different ways his hair looked in the movie.

Thanks for posting the pictures David.I see nothing wrong with the head sculpt or the hair because Arnie's hair changed alot during the filming of T2 in alot of scenes.Someone here posted awhile back all the different ways his hair looked in the movie.

That would be me, back with the Hot Toys figure.

T2_1.jpg

T2_2.jpg

T2_3.jpg

T2_4.jpg

T2_5.jpg

T2_6.jpg

T2_7.jpg

T2_8.jpg

T2_9.jpg

T2_10.jpg

Back