Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks JED for the first in hand pics! And congrats to the lucky guys who already got theirs.

Here is a video review in english (half chinese also):

I am making the custom base right now for mine.

I will be making 2 versions.

1. Drug factory shoot out scene
2. Shoot the guy in the groin scene (hahahahahaha)

I will offer these and feature these bases at WonderCon this weekend at my Artist Alley booth (AA-87) :D

Hey guys, just received mine (direct from EB) and here are my quick initial thoughts:

Packing: EB just shipped it in a cardboard box without any extra padding. But still, no damage to the figure or figure-box.

Pros:
1-Very nice glossy finish to the paint.
2-The purplish hues are present, although not as pronounced as I was hoping for.
3-RC functions are actually pretty fun and work well. I'm sure the novelty of it will wear off quickly, but still cooler than I thought it'd be.
4-Sound clips are high quality and clear.
5-Face plates are very well done. PW face plate is perfect and wont be coming off the figure anytime soon. The one with the teeth is the worst. HT definitely does teeth better than EB.
6-Figure's proportions look great in hand. In some pics, he looks too skinny, not bulky enough. But in hand, he looks perfectly proportioned IMO.
7-All the extra accessories are very well done, especially the Burke HS. The edge of the skin on the Burke HS does look a little weird, but overall it's still pretty awesome nonetheless.
8-Figure stands really well on his own. His big flat feet really help make him steady on his feet. So no stand is an option with this figure, although I wouldn't recommend it.
9-Mine did come with the free gift - the BD helmet, as we all already know.

Cons:
1-As mentioned before, the "articulated" hands are pointless. The fingers barely move at the knuckles and serve absolutely no purpose but make the hands more fragile.
2-The hands and forearms really do come off very easily, too easily. In fact, mine came with the right forearm/hand loose in the box.
3-The design of the forearm is really ****** if you ask me. The black portion of the forearm is really soft rubber, hollow, and kind of just "floats" on the arm. The end result is: The forearm is basically held onto the arm only if the hand is attached. If you try to bend the arm at the elbow by grabbing and pushing on the forearm, his arm will basically come apart. Hard to explain this without pics, but you'll see what I mean when you get your figure.
4-The connecting pegs of the chest plates are extremely fragile. The chest plates connect to the body by pegs, but they also have these SUPER thin plastic pegs that are sure to break if you remove the chest plates often. Just make sure every peg is perfectly lined up with its respective hole before you push the plates together, otherwise, you're bound to break something.
5-The gap between the front and back chest plates is damn near impossible to get rid of, especially the gap at the top near the shoulders. I don't want to keep pushing and force it since I'm worried those thin plastic pegs will break.
6-The figure overall feels very fragile (and I don't mean cheap). Just a lot of thin plastic pieces that can potentially get snagged and easily bent or broken off if you're not careful.
7-Articulation is pretty limited, even for a robocop figure. Mainly it's the elbows that suck. They can barely bend to a 45 degree angle. Again, this is mostly due to #3 as above.

QC issues:
1-Mine came with a small amount of glue smudged on the black abdomen area. Not terribly noticeable, but still an eye sore for me.
2-Rubber portion over his junk is not well seated. There's a piece behind the rubber crotch guard that should fit into a groove on the body, but mine doesn't fit well and so his crotch kind of sticks out, like he's got a chub all the time.

These are just really quick thoughts that came to mind. There's a lot more good than bad and a lot of other stuff I didn't mention. Overall, still VERY happy with the figure and glad that I purchased it. Nothing is perfect, but this guy is perfect enough for me.

Sorry I won't be posting pics tonight. Have to force myself to do stuff for work now....

I am making the custom base right now for mine.

I will be making 2 versions.

1. Drug factory shoot out scene
2. Shoot the guy in the groin scene (hahahahahaha)

I will offer these and feature these bases at WonderCon this weekend at my Artist Alley booth (AA-87) :D

You should come to Salt Lake Comic cone this September.

It started last year, and it was huge. It's supposed to be even bigger this year.
You should totally check it out.

Hey guys, just received mine (direct from EB) and here are my quick initial thoughts:

Packing: EB just shipped it in a cardboard box without any extra padding. But still, no damage to the figure or figure-box.

Pros:
2-The purplish hues are present, although not as pronounced as I was hoping for.
3-RC functions are actually pretty fun and work well. I'm sure the novelty of it will wear off quickly, but still cooler than I thought it'd be.
5-Face plates are very well done. PW face plate is perfect and wont be coming off the figure anytime soon. The one with the teeth is the worst. HT definitely does teeth better than EB.
6-Figure's proportions look great in hand. In some pics, he looks too skinny, not bulky enough. But in hand, he looks perfectly proportioned IMO.
7-All the extra accessories are very well done, especially the Burke HS. The edge of the skin on the Burke HS does look a little weird, but overall it's still pretty awesome nonetheless.
8-Figure stands really well on his own. His big flat feet really help make him steady on his feet. So no stand is an option with this figure, although I wouldn't recommend it.

Cons:
1-As mentioned before, the "articulated" hands are pointless. The fingers barely move at the knuckles and serve absolutely no purpose but make the hands more fragile.
2-The hands and forearms really do come off very easily, too easily. In fact, mine came with the right forearm/hand loose in the box.
3-The design of the forearm is really ****** if you ask me. The black portion of the forearm is really soft rubber, hollow, and kind of just "floats" on the arm. The end result is: The forearm is basically held onto the arm only if the hand is attached. If you try to bend the arm at the elbow by grabbing and pushing on the forearm, his arm will basically come apart. Hard to explain this without pics, but you'll see what I mean when you get your figure.
4-The connecting pegs of the chest plates are extremely fragile. The chest plates connect to the body by pegs, but they also have these SUPER thin plastic pegs that are sure to break if you remove the chest plates often. Just make sure every peg is perfectly lined up with its respective hole before you push the plates together, otherwise, you're bound to break something.
5-The gap between the front and back chest plates is damn near impossible to get rid of, especially the gap at the top near the shoulders. I don't want to keep pushing and force it since I'm worried those thin plastic pegs will break.
6-The figure overall feels very fragile (and I don't mean cheap). Just a lot of thin plastic pieces that can potentially get snagged and easily bent or broken off if you're not careful.
7-Articulation is pretty limited, even for a robocop figure. Mainly it's the elbows that suck. They can barely bend to a 45 degree angle. Again, this is mostly due to #3 as above.

QC issues:
1-Mine came with a small amount of glue smudged on the black abdomen area. Not terribly noticeable, but still an eye sore for me.
2-Rubber portion over his junk is not well seated. There's a piece behind the rubber crotch guard that should fit into a groove on the body, but mine doesn't fit well and so his crotch kind of sticks out, like he's got a chub all the time.

These are just really quick thoughts that came to mind. There's a lot more good than bad and a lot of other stuff I didn't mention. Overall, still VERY happy with the figure and glad that I purchased it. Nothing is perfect, but this guy is perfect enough for me.

Sorry I won't be posting pics tonight. Have to force myself to do stuff for work now....

Great review, thank you sir. I should have mine in hand in a week or so looking forward to giving it a proper once over to see these pros/cons myself. Thanks again.

Pros:

Cons:

QC issues:

Thanks for the write up, I do know what u mean about the arms
I have the batman eb and I can imagine just having the fin piece for the forearm
Eb does feel cheap compared to ht, but, it won't stop me from getting and enjoying this guy

Thanks for the write up, I do know what u mean about the arms
I have the batman eb and I can imagine just having the fin piece for the forearm
Eb does feel cheap compared to ht, but, it won't stop me from getting and enjoying this guy

Nice analogy, because that's pretty much exactly what the forearm construction is like. You can imagine how that would compromise the integrity of the forearms, especially when trying to bend the arm at the elbows. But yeah, I don't think this is by any means a deal breaker because the piece as a whole is still pretty amazing. Everyone getting him will be happy, I'm sure :)

Nice analogy, because that's pretty much exactly what the forearm construction is like. You can imagine how that would compromise the integrity of the forearms, especially when trying to bend the arm at the elbows. But yeah, I don't think this is by any means a deal breaker because the piece as a whole is still pretty amazing. Everyone getting him will be happy, I'm sure :)
So how do move the arm? Apply pressure on the hand while moving?
Thanks

I grab the forearm pretty much at the elbow joint and bend. Otherwise, if you push any lower, there's just too much torque on the forearm and it just falls apart.

Thanks JED for the first in hand pics! And congrats to the lucky guys who already got theirs.

Here is a video review in english (half chinese also):

Dam it! Looks just plain silver in this video unlike JED's pics. :(

Pros:

Cons:

QC issues:

Great review, sorry to hear about your QC issues.

Last edited:
Anyone receive a ship notice from Timcent yet?

im kinda wondering if he really has them in stock or is just securing orders
late last week/earlier this week he said he would get his shipment in next week, then he says he has a few remaining yesterday
i ordered ed 209 from him and got a shipping notice within 12 hours

THANX Dave for an eye opening vid!I never knew that you can manually move the head as well!WOW!Can the Robert Burke head be moved in the same manner?I can't wait to get this figure!I feel like a little kid anticipating Christmas!^_^

You might be right 5x10!I think he has some stock on hand but the majority might in fact be at the EB store.Which would make sense since he's located within a short drive to the EB store.^_^

Back