Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of the issue with the forearms,this is still a MUST-HAVE for me as I am not only a Robocop fan but 1/4 scale one too!As for the color hues,its really hard to show pearlescent colors especially when they are very subtle.If they had maybe applied more purple,the blue would pop more.Wasn't the armor similar in color in Robo 2 then going completely silver in 3?Personally,the only part that seems to be less in quality is the battle damaged chest but after some added paint apps that should be up to par!I can't wait!^_^

This figure looks incredible. As others have said, the gimmicks even look very well done, but no telling what kinds of QC issues there going to bring to the table though. Curious to find out how (blue) the armor is a swell, as I remember that was one of Enterbay's selling points for this figure, was the way the armor had a blue/purple-ish tint to it. This picture looks like the real deal.

r01tv6.jpg

I really hate to break it to you guys, but there's pretty much no blue to the paint. There are very subtle purplish hues when under certain lighting, but as far as blue goes, don't hold your breath. I think the blue you see in the pic above is mainly reflection from the sky. It's still an awesome paint job, but it's mainly silver with a subtle hint of purple.

The most blue you'll see on the figure is on the back of his helmet. If EB painted his entire body to look more like that one small portion, I think the paint would be more screen accurate to the movie. But there are smart freaks here. I think with clever lighting, you could probably get him to look more blue.

I really hate to break it to you guys, but there's pretty much no blue to the paint. There are very subtle purplish hues when under certain lighting, but as far as blue goes, don't hold your breath. I think the blue you see in the pic above is mainly reflection from the sky. It's still an awesome paint job, but it's mainly silver with a subtle hint of purple.

The most blue you'll see on the figure is on the back of his helmet. If EB painted his entire body to look more like that one small portion, I think the paint would be more screen accurate to the movie. But there are smart freaks here. I think with clever lighting, you could probably get him to look more blue.
I'm not too worried, my display case has a dark blue paint on it and the led lights combined with the paint provide a blue hue

Any pics?
Thanks

I'd say with the sheen/reflectivity it should still look high-end on the shelf. Hopefully there's no paint mess anywhere. Most who get it will probably be happy with it.

I'm still not getting it. I need to make a statement to myself.

I'd say with the sheen/reflectivity it should still look high-end on the shelf. Hopefully there's no paint mess anywhere. Most who get it will probably be happy with it.

lol, good luck holding off on getting it
I have to as a robonut

You need to get it. You must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^Here are just a few pics. Not gonna post too many since the orientation of some of the pics is messed up and some people here actually get mad about it. :slap

Picture next to NECA 1/4 RC. The jet pack actually kind of fits on the NECA version.
image.jpg

Good cop, bad cop
image.jpg

Pics of the forearms...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Close up with subtle hints of the purple coming through.
image.jpg

It looks fantastic. I think the purple tints look spot on here. Damn I am so excited to get this. Thanks for the pics.

^You're welcome Ash. And like you, I also have all of EB's HD 1/4 masterpiece figures (except for Rambo and Masked Rider). And yeah, he definitely looks great with the others :)

^You're welcome Ash. And like you, I also have all of EB's HD 1/4 masterpiece figures (except for Rambo and Masked Rider). And yeah, he definitely looks great with the others :)

Awesome pics, the neca one looks pretty nice too although the mouth sculpt isn't nearly as nice as the eb

^Yeah, the NECA one really is pretty great. And for under $100 retail, you definitely get your money's worth. He actually has more sound clips than EB's RC, too. I kind of want to display the Burke HS on the NECA body. Also, the EB jet pack can actually rest/fit well on the NECA one's shoulders.

...and to Enterbay with any luck. £500 pre-order is crazy money for plastic. For die-hards only. Undeniably, a great-looking figure though. Would like to see Enterbay take on more 1/6, but don't see it happening any time soon. About time Hot Toys faced some serious competition.

Saigon,those PICS look AWESOME bro!THANX for shedding some light on the workings of the forearm!Strange that you write that it has no blue hues but yet you can see some of it in the PIC with the NECA version.Speaking of NECA,while it might look somewhat similar in sculpt,you can clearly see that the EB version is miles ahead in every way!I think so anyway!^_^

Back