ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series-Terminator 2-BD T-800 Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people are complaining about the minigun and that you would need the older t800 to make the Cyberdyne scene. I read someone saying HT would not do this. However, HT did the same thing with the t1000 in Sarah Connor disguise. The exclusive head requires a t1000.

I am super excited for this figure and the dx13. Competition is making both companies better. Look at the Godfather figures from a couple of years ago.

Let's not talk about Hot Toys giving the V1 John Connor the wrong rifle, but including it with the final battle version. Then of coarse both the MMS68 and DX Jokers, were both missing the SMG. It came with the Bank Robber Joker. I'm sure there are others.

No company is innocent, of fleecing its customers.

I think if they released a figure for each key scene, it would work better, but accessory wise the BD version would end up with almost no accessories at all, but people would end up complaining there where too many of the same character. The system EB has used for this makes for a ton of pointless accessories for those without the first release, but it makes for an awesome conversion kit for those who do.

I'll end up with 3 distinctive looks across 2 figures (clean, cyberdyne, BD) i'm happy with that tbh. Would it be cool if it came with an extra clean suit, headsculpt, rifle, pistol, sunglasses, undamaged chest and neck, undamaged leg and undamaged arm, and a black shirt etc so people could make all 3 scenes? Yes, but that is surely expecting WAY too much?

Great sculpt, and overall an impressive piece. But I'm actually kinda disappointed. I wanted to see Enterbay stomp Hot Toys on this one, but Hot Toys for the win.

Now, as a fan, I can ***** all I want about inaccuracies, and it's not much more than just another opinion to those who can look past the flaws and decide to love this piece. But as a professional in this industry, I have to say there are just too many less than stellar creative decisions here for me to fully appreciate this. Some would say, "if you're a professional, you shouldn't trash what other people are doing. That's not very professional." And I totally agree; it's not professionally politically correct. However, at this level of the game, when creativity is driven by a demand for the attention to detail that today's collectors (including myself) want and expect, I have to speak up and ask why wasn't this better.

Here's my list of things that I just don't understand why they did what they did, or failed to do some things better.

69464edejw1e01dsgmxukj.jpg

-Extra left forearm. WHY? It doesn't have an undamaged jacket to hide the forearm.

-Mini gun and one bandoleer. WHY? Are these extra parts for the first release? If so, that means one figure will be inaccurate without a bandoleer.

-Extra grey t-shrit. WHY? Again, this has to be for the first issue. It makes no sense at all that this figure should need it.

-Unbroken granade launcher stock. Again, must be for the firs release, right? At full BD stage, the stock should be broken.

-Three undamaged left hands and two undamaged right hands. :slap Perfect for converting your first version into a Cyberdyne assault version, if you happened to get it. Why didn't they just make a separate accessory pack for the first one instead of dumping it all into this one where it's dumb?

-No realistic metallic finish. Understandably, Enterbay may not have the factory capabilities of Sideshow or Hot Toys to plate parts, but I can achieve a realistic chrome finish at my own paint table at home. It's tricky but really not that difficult.

-The damaged left endoskeleton arm should not remain structurally intact minus the hand. At this stage in the movie, the remaining bits are bent, dislocated, and hanging from the upper arm. Hot toys nailed it. What's so hard?

74771_10151123439207344_258626182_n.jpg

I agree with everything you said SilentSurfer. My biggest complaint is the non-metallic finish. That was my biggest worry from the beginning. I knew it would be relatively the same as the endo-arm that came with the first release. The dull grey looks terrible.

Here's my list of things that I just don't understand why they did what they did, or failed to do some things better.

-Extra left forearm. WHY? It doesn't have an undamaged jacket to hide the forearm.

-Mini gun and one bandoleer. WHY? Are these extra parts for the first release? If so, that means one figure will be inaccurate without a bandoleer.

-Extra grey t-shrit. WHY? Again, this has to be for the first issue. It makes no sense at all that this figure should need it.

-Unbroken granade launcher stock. Again, must be for the firs release, right? At full BD stage, the stock should be broken.

-Three undamaged left hands and two undamaged right hands. :slap Perfect for converting your first version into a Cyberdyne assault version, if you happened to get it. Why didn't they just make a separate accessory pack for the first one instead of dumping it all into this one where it's dumb?

-No realistic metallic finish. Understandably, Enterbay may not have the factory capabilities of Sideshow or Hot Toys to plate parts, but I can achieve a realistic chrome finish at my own paint table at home. It's tricky but really not that difficult.

-The damaged left endoskeleton arm should not remain structurally intact minus the hand. At this stage in the movie, the remaining bits are bent, dislocated, and hanging from the upper arm. Hot toys nailed it. What's so hard?

All good points. And I know all about your chroming ability having bought that Summer Glau Cameron head off you - really stunning work.

Would it be cool if it came with an extra clean suit, headsculpt, rifle, pistol, sunglasses, undamaged chest and neck, undamaged leg and undamaged arm, and a black shirt etc so people could make all 3 scenes? Yes, but that is surely expecting WAY too much?

You bring up a good point. It does seem like too much to expect, but why does it have to be too much to expect? If they had taken more time in the first place to plan out multiple figures instead of doing what all these companies start out doing, just making one and seeing how it goes, maybe we wouldn't keep getting these nonsensical, compensatory figures with parts that are meant for totally different figures, leaving the collector paying more for useless crap, or having to buy another figure they originally didn't want.

Great sculpt, and overall an impressive piece. But I'm actually kinda disappointed. I wanted to see Enterbay stomp Hot Toys on this one, but Hot Toys for the win.

Now, as a fan, I can ***** all I want about inaccuracies, and it's not much more than just another opinion to those who can look past the flaws and decide to love this piece. But as a professional in this industry, I have to say there are just too many less than stellar creative decisions here for me to fully appreciate this. Some would say, "if you're a professional, you shouldn't trash what other people are doing. That's not very professional." And I totally agree; it's not professionally politically correct. However, at this level of the game, when creativity is driven by a demand for the attention to detail that today's collectors (including myself) want and expect, I have to speak up and ask why wasn't this better.

69464edejw1e01dsgmxukj.jpg

74771_10151123439207344_258626182_n.jpg

:naughty
if you do not like ... do not buy it.-

I think to make happy every collectors is mission impossible
Myself I'm surprised that the cyberdyne gear was not an exclusive or some upgrade pack for the non bd
And yes some accessories or lack of don't really make sense (the clean arm no extra bandoliers)...
As for those inaccuracies I'm sure you customizer out there will refine your bd :)

Manifest on Bill's facebook page about the second bandoliers I'm sure we can make it happens don't just moan and act ;-)

With this and your other similar complaints, it's only an issue if you're concerned about screen accuracy. There are some people out there who put whatever guns in whatever hand. You're probably not likely to find many like that on a forum like this but I'm pretty sure such people are out there, somewhere... For me personally I don't go wild with screen inaccuracy but I would pose this with the left arm intact and I'd have no problem posing him with either gun.

To the thought that this is just accessories for the first figure, that it can't be anything else: with their Joker they they had the exclusive mask that you couldn't put to use anywhere with 'screen accuracy' and yet people wanted that and made use of it - no one was crying out that they don't have a Bank Robber suit or that's it's just a trick to buy an upcoming BR Joker. That says to me that at least part of it is just wanting to include appealing extras.

There are of cause many POVs but to throw another one explaining this end result. First T-800 took a long time to sell out and lots of ppl right in this forum mentioned that they rather wait for a full BD as they didnt want to end up buying two or didnt see the value in the clean one.
So instead of coming out with a simple BD with little accessories and charging prices inline with the trend (cause which company aims at lowering prices these days) they filled it up with more accessories to increase the perceived value. So this should still make anyone who waited for BD happy and yet also the ones who willingly jumped on the clean version. But of cause it didn't.
There are valid complaints like broken stock, better ripped of arm, a clean extra bandolier. But the rest simply falls into the category of can't please anyone and some can never be pleased.
Me... Throw in another bandolier and I will be happy with my EBs and a bunch of HTs

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Back