ENTERBAY :Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh, this is not a bad joke. Well, it is a bad joke, it just happens to also be true. Someone pulling the leavers in EB has lost the plot.

EB Exec: OK people, ideas, we need ideas, even if we have to steal the stupidest gimmick Neca ever had!

Wow, I'm floored...speechless really. I don't want to bash EB since I love their Donnie Yen figures, but they are making some really poor decisions lately wrt to this figure and the Bruce Lee.

:slap:slap:slap

Wow, I'm floored...speechless really. I don't want to bash EB since I love their Donnie Yen figures, but they are making some really poor decisions lately wrt to this figure and the Bruce Lee.

:slap:slap:slap

As much as I think it's a stupid gimmick, if it doesn't affect the articulation, durability or aesthetic appeal of the figure then this should keep people happy. One does wonder how much this feature has added onto the MSRP though, or if it has come at the expense of a longer accessories list.

I didn't realise this is an Ultimate Unison figure, between Enterbay and Medicom.

Enterbay only did the headsculpt is it?

First of all, why are you guys hating on the voice feature? What's wrong with it? If it doesn't affect the price or the look of the figure, i say bring it on, i think it's great.

And regarding HT copying EB, be serious. Like, eb shown their ship in a bottle and then suddenly, HT sculpted one, painted it, produced it and showed pics of it some hours later? Lol.

From Plastic Enemies:

6a853733jw1dhhl2wn4cjj.jpg

l actually really like the head scullpt. better then HT. it also has the correct skin tone. hair looks really good too.

First of all, why are you guys hating on the voice feature? What's wrong with it? If it doesn't affect the price or the look of the figure, i say bring it on, i think it's great.
Yea as I said before, if it sounds like Depp/Jack, I would happily welcome the voice/talking feature.
l actually really like the head scullpt. better then HT. it also has the correct skin tone. hair looks really good too.
Don't forget the Jacket and hat are also better looking that HT as well.

Dude, take another long look at this and the Hot Toys figure, No way is this a better sculpt. Hot toys sculpt rocks

I agree. I mean HT seems to have, as some have put it, stole EB's accessories, so why not EB return the favor? An personally as childish as it may seem, if the voice/talking feature sounds like Depp as Jack, thats a feature I'd actually like and not grow tired of. The Jacket, Hat and sculpt are the main selling points now, not enough but I really wish I could get my hands on those parts. And the shirt looks nice and yellow/sweat-stained unlike HT very white looking one. I'm not knocking HT as Thad the one I have on Pre-order, just looking at a few pros and cons of both

I disagree that HT stole EB's accessories. I think it took HT such a long time to announce the calices and the ship bottle because both items are spoilers.

I wasnt saying that I felt that HT stole EB's ideas, I was just stating what others have said in the other POTC threads.
I do agree that both companies had to wait as you said, they're spoilers to the film to some degree

Yeah, there's no way HT came up with the chalices and a bottled Pearl AFTER the Enterbay announcement/reveal....and a better Pearl at that.

With movie licenses like these, there tends to be "spoiler heavy" accessories involved. Most likely what happened was neither EB or HT could reveal the Pearl in a Bottle and Chalices until AFTER the movie hit. EB just happened to wait to reveal the whole figure until AFTER the movie hit. HT decided to work with the hype of the movie and revealed before the release, but just held off on showing those key accessories.

The thing I don't like about the HT's chalice is that they're with Angelica. I'm going to be really upset if Barbossa doesn't get made. :gah: I just can't get into the newer characters; no standouts with the exception of Blackbeard.

I want more of the classic characters. Barbossa is loooong overdue and I want Gibbs and Teague. Some of the other Black Pearl crew and EITC guys would be fantastic, but I'd be happy with Barbossa and Gibbs. :pray: I'm probably the only one who wants Gibbs and Teague though. :rolleyes2

The thing I don't like about the HT's chalice is that they're with Angelica. I'm going to be really upset if Barbossa doesn't get made. :gah: I just can't get into the newer characters; no standouts with the exception of Blackbeard.

I want more of the classic characters. Barbossa is loooong overdue and I want Gibbs and Teague. Some of the other Black Pearl crew and EITC guys would be fantastic, but I'd be happy with Barbossa and Gibbs. :pray: I'm probably the only one who wants Gibbs and Teague though. :rolleyes2

I think we will be seeing Blackbeard as well as Barbossa this time. But Gibbs, Teague and the other Pearl crew are a long shot at best.

Oh and Id buy a HT Gibbs.

I think the headsculpt on this is better than Hot Toys, though I'm not a big fan of the movies, so I'll pass on both.

Back